• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo 4 *(Of the trilogy) Confirmed

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
A 30 second E3 trailer of Master chief was released titled Halo 4. So an actual 4rth installment of the life of John 117 is confirmed. The graphics looked next gen but it could just be an HD trailer no gameplay yet just a sneakpeak. Date set to 2012 HOLIDAY so Im betting Christmas.

It is titled THE AWAKENING Master Chief floats out into space to meet yet another Halo construct only it looks like a giant eyeball instead of a Ring. Cortana mentions Chief's name again so I believe alot will be answered in this game.

Theory: The covenant is disbanded and whatever left has probably been severley punished. The Elites are allies and the Flood is all wiped out as of Halo 3. I am betting not knowing any other figure in the storyline that the enemy will be the Forerunners precursers to the Humans. I am betting this will tie up the entire franchise and leave every question answered. Also instead of a jetpack the chief had little boosters on his suit as if he always had them so either a more fair use of the jetpack ability or maybe some space walking perhaps.

Also checkout my thread on the remastered edition of Halo CE coming out at the end of the year.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
But why would the Forerunners be hostile towards humans? That makes absolutely no sense at all. The Forerunners were the protectors of humanity and even directed the evolutionary path (or they were humans somehow, it is all kinda confusing) of humanity in order to make humanity follow in their footsteps as the keepers of the Halos and whatnots.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Three things: The Forerunners are extinct, according to the EU there are still renegade groups of Covenant Loyalists rampaging about that need to be purged, three: The Flood were never completely destroyed because they are from outside the universe that even the Forerunners knew about (They even theorized they were interdimensional), meaning they have been well beyond the reach of the Halos.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^Oh I was just thinking that Halo 3 was the end of the trilogy and Humanity finally came out ontop. The flood was nothing but a hive controlled by the Gravemind who was destroyed. 343Guilty Spark the Monitor was the closet thing we had to the Forerunners and even though he helped Humans he was actually the biggest threat to them in the end.

It just showed Master Chief 'Awakening' and bieng sucked into a forerunner construct so I was trying to postulize that there will be a threat unlike any other unleashed.

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
2 Issues, why does Chief have a jetpack installed in his suit and hasn't used it until Halo 4?

And, why are there fires in space? There's no oxygen.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
His ship was being tractor beamed into a giant forerunner construct so there could have been an artificial atmosphere just like the rings had.

He weighs 1ton so those could be used only in space.Like I said we might have space walks I think that would be cool. We had the spartan laser in 3 and then in Reach when it never existed before and it didnt do any harm at all. Id rather have less powerful boosters then an actual jetpack scenario like in reach. Its shiny brand new armour when he was wearing the same suit all 3 games and Id like it more if they did that tbh. Just pretend Cortana was a peeping tom the wholetime Chief was in stasis.

One thing I saw that I loved was that he grabbed a pistol shot it and when it struck blew up a piece of wall so maybe they are going to have a new and improved pimp pistol again.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Also the ship had oxygen on it I assume which could also explain it. Its a videogame not a documentary and the saying goes, the devil is in the details.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
The ship didn't have Oxygen and the fires, well there's a lot of speculation we can do - and
research within the Halo universe to prove that a virtually dead spaceship can also host oxygen.

Although we won't do that. Halo 4 is going to be good, that's all we should care about. (Let's
ignore the little things like the jet pack and god-knows-what-else-is-that-small-and-people-
make-a-big-deal-out-of-it)

I thought the forerunner sentries run under the command of other AI's. Therefore, in case the
local AI leader found the humans as a threat - or gone rampant the humans would be a valid
enemy in the eyes of the sentries.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Me, personally, I want another prequel. Going waaaaaaay back. I wanna see what the Spartans did before the Covenant Wars; I wanna play a Spartan that goes around stomping out rebellions on various colony worlds and whatnot.

That'd be keeeewl.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
Me, personally, I want another prequel. Going waaaaaaay back.
Right! A prequel with Spartans in ancient Greece. Wait, that's a tad way back. Perhaps an action
game where you play as a young child that lives in Africa while the Forerunners build on Earth.
You have to fill quests and all that, until you figure out something.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Plus that was an HD teaser could have absolutley nothing to do with the game. Well I guess they are making an entire new trilogy out of it but I agree I'd rather go back in the history Halo has alot of room in its universe for great epic stories.

I would really like to see a Halo in the expansion era of humanity, when everyone was shooting off and colonizing planets on the fringes of the law where a super Badass spartan mercanery would be called to kick some space pirates ass.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Right! A prequel with Spartans in ancient Greece. Wait, that's a tad way back.

"Take this Sorkates, you friggin' nuub!"

*Throws Sticky*

Azer249

Reaction score
2 Issues, why does Chief have a jetpack installed in his suit and hasn't used it until Halo 4?

Thats what i thought!, why and how has chief suddely had a jetpack installed, that would have came in handy at the end of halo 3... save me climbing that huge cliff. :3​

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this is the case, but it may be the fuel burning. Right now, when we're sending another rocket into space, we inject liquid oxygen into the fuel, because -as you said- there is no oxygen in space. Still, the rocket needs to be propelled forward by combustion. No oxygen in space? Inject liquid oxygen in fuel!

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I like that they aren't just continuing with a famous title and will actually be refreshing the series, I'd like to see some new components and angles of the game.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
I like that they aren't just continuing with a famous title and will actually be refreshing the series, I'd like to see some new components and angles of the game.

i have a feeling it might be in 3rd person, might even play like a faster deadspace

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Okay I haven't heard anything like that but I would actually like the idea alot. It's a whole new trilogy starting off so we're definatley going to see some new and awesome things.

I love Halo but I have to admit I didn't even get Reach played it alittle bit but I was pretty bored by then with the franchise honestly.

Pink Knight

Reaction score
i have a feeling it might be in 3rd person, might even play like a faster deadspace

I'd hope they atleast make it an option as I cannot play FPS at all but I love the way the Spartans look.