• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo 5: Guardians

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I'm still a sucker for these games.

Despite my disappointment in the campaign story this time around, SWAT is as fun as ever.

Anyone here have it? Wanna hop on for a round?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
They really got multiplayer right this time, it feels like a classic Halo but fresh and new at the same time. It's faster but allows for a lot of strategy. I'm really happy with my purchase. I'll add you if I have not already.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Will likely have it after Christmas, far too many games to play at min but will certainly get it.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Be awhile for me, but Kath will likely get it before me with her new shiny Xbone (just picked up Alien Isolation yesterday). But I did notice that you're playing it a lot more than Fallout 4, at least whenever I sign on and see you there. So it must live up to some hype, hopefully we'll be able to get it before I have to leave in Jan.

Still, I do wish there was some PC love, has there ever even been a Halo on PC?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
But I did notice that you're playing it a lot more than Fallout 4, at least whenever I sign on and see you there. So it must live up to some hype, hopefully we'll be able to get it before I have to leave in Jan.

It's good. Though, a bit less meaty than previous Halos. I've been wanting to play more Fallout, but I have Halo rituals that have to be completed. Namely, struggling through a solo legendary campaign. It usually takes a long time and lots of crying.

I'm also not crazy about the micro-transactions but pretending they don't exist the online is set up pretty great.

My last main gripe is there are no cosmetic rewards for performing feats in the game. I'll admit I'm an absolute sucker for cosmetics in Halo. You could get to max rank, beat campaign on the hardest difficulty, get all the skulls, and not unlock any armor for it. I really enjoyed unlocking a hard-to-get piece and showing it off in matchmaking, but that's no longer possible. Well, except for this one for getting this achievement but it's not even a feat you achieve in Halo 5. It's also bonkers hard most of the human race. Ever try Halo 1 on legendary? It's madness!

Last edited:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Still, I do wish there was some PC love, has there ever even been a Halo on PC?
Just a rumor and a stretch at that but back when Microsoft announced more support for Pc someone asked if they would ever bring the franchise to Pc, and the spokesman said it was a possibility. Also 343, the studio that makes Halo now have spoken about a port, saying it wouldn't be hard for them and it would be cool but it's up to Microsoft. If they ported MCC to Pc I'd go out and buy one on the spot.

BTB is coming next week or so and in early December they will be rolling out the Forge overhaul.
My last main gripe is there are no cosmetic rewards for performing feats in the game.
What erks me is that I unlock the worlds most bad ass armor and that it's so terrifically cool they have to put white paint all over it that you can't remove so everyone can see you from across the map.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yeah if they released the Master Chief Collection for PC that would definitely be the easiest and best way for me to hop all in on this series, I mean... that's just a big ol' cash mound waiting to happen.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for whenever they decide to pull the trigger on that, but in the meantime I'll try out Halo 1 & 2 on PC for sure. Thanks guys.
It's good. Though, a bit less meaty than previous Halos. I've been wanting to play more Fallout, but I have Halo rituals that have to be completed. Namely, struggling through a solo legendary campaign. It usually takes a long time and lots of crying.

I'm also not crazy about the micro-transactions but pretending they don't exist the online is set up pretty great.

My last main gripe is there are no cosmetic rewards for performing feats in the game. I'll admit I'm an absolute sucker for cosmetics in Halo. You could get to max rank, beat campaign on the hardest difficulty, get all the skulls, and not unlock any armor for it. I really enjoyed unlocking a hard-to-get piece and showing it off in matchmaking, but that's no longer possible. Well, except for this one for getting this achievement but it's not even a feat you achieve in Halo 5. It's also bonkers hard most of the human race. Ever try Halo 1 on legendary? It's madness!
Fair enough. I'm not too bothered by micro-transactions as long as they don't impede any of the gameplay, is it just cosmetic stuff or? I mean if it's anything like Destiny then I'm cool with it, though I don't know why everyone was blowing up over some harmless taunts.

Well that's lame, if there's one thing I love in a game it's getting my own gear to show off that also displays my accomplishments otherwise I'm just like everyone else. But yeah... there's no way in hell I'll be able to do legendary on all of that just for that one little armor, I'm pretty decent but I'm not that good. Are there at least other armors to choose from in the game?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Fair enough. I'm not too bothered by micro-transactions as long as they don't impede any of the gameplay, is it just cosmetic stuff or? I mean if it's anything like Destiny then I'm cool with it, though I don't know why everyone was blowing up over some harmless taunts.
Each pack you open (via points from playing or $$) gives you weapons, vehicles, and power ups which you use in warzone, the big battlefield of a gametype. They also unlock two random cosmetics (silver and gold packs).

It doesn't really impede gameplay, since you can unlock the stuff by doing matchmaking. You also get better requisitions when you rank up enough. The problem comes in with the items you get being single-use so if you love warzone and play it a lot, you'll probably hit a wall where you need more items but have to play something else for a while (or pay) to get more.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Each pack you open (via points from playing or $$) gives you weapons, vehicles, and power ups which you use in warzone, the big battlefield of a gametype. They also unlock two random cosmetics (silver and gold packs).

It doesn't really impede gameplay, since you can unlock the stuff by doing matchmaking. You also get better requisitions when you rank up enough. The problem comes in with the items you get being single-use so if you love warzone and play it a lot, you'll probably hit a wall where you need more items but have to play something else for a while (or pay) to get more.

Sounds a little like the Battlefield packs, you can purchase those or earn them through rewards and unlockables.