• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Halo Combat Evolved: Anniversary

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The Halo Franchise started 10 years ago and has provided literally billions of hours of entertainment. On november 15 you can get a digitally remastered Halo Combat Evolved. Formatted to fit xbox live multiplayer and Co op.

Features:
-Live campaign and multiplayer
-Remastered campaign, experiance it all over again revamped and inhanced
-7 of the best maps ever made

Checkout the trailer here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGyFq7LfOqs&feature=relmfu

Personal note: I first played Halo CE when I was 9 and I remember how captivated I was. Fighting on alien worlds and seeing the ring itself was just amazing. I had a playstation with only one game Metal slug X, Halo was incredible. Halo 2 and Halo 3 didnt fall short of the name either, not many sequels ever live up to the original or even do it justice.
Halo, as far as videogames go, is a masterpiece. Even though Ive played Ce Im going to get it again, hope to see you guys on Live!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
It deserved a type of special edition making as Microsoft owe Bungie a lot for the success of the Xbox because of Halo. I will likely purchase it again too to see how the newer features feel on the old classic.

Dentie

Reaction score
HALO, the first FPS I ever played and it's still the best.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I wonder of the pistol will own as hard still...

They also released a VidDoc on CE anniversary, The only difference is the online mulitplayer and a map for firefight. Campaign is still exactly the same you can still 3shot any enemy from anywhere on the map with a pistol.

The cool thing is that they have a special button that you can press anytime ingame and automatically switch between the original graphics and the remasters with no loading.

They stressed that Halo CE was sacred ground to so many players that they wanted to only do this out of love works so they didnt want to tamper with anything. Dont worry its still CE.

It comes out November 15, 2011 exactly 10 years after it was made.

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I probably will buy this, because I did love Halo, but I've never really understood why it is the cultural phenomenon it is. It played smoothly and had a nice story, but it didn't revolutionize anything. It simply made devs more aware that precise controls were necessary.

Whatever. :I

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
^ It was the first FPS on a console that really did the trick. It paved the way for what console first person shooters would evolve into. Infact Halo is the name of Xbox without Halo Xbox would not be what it is today, it owes alot of success to Halo.

Cod, battlefield, Mw2..come on all the same **** Halo broke the veil.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
^ It was the first FPS on a console that really did the trick. It paved the way for what console first person shooters would evolve into. Infact Halo is the name of Xbox without Halo Xbox would not be what it is today, it owes alot of success to Halo.

Cod, battlefield, Mw2..come on all the same s*** Halo broke the veil.

I disagree that Battlefield has been the same s*** as they have changed the game A LOT over the years. The originals didnt have a single player campaign as such and it was merely capturing points against bots. They mixed up the combat with different time periods being involved from 1942 to the Vietnam War and then 2142 then moved to Modern Day and started creating a proper single player campaigns. Then with the total rebuilds of their impressive Frostbite engine they have destruction in game like no other shooter in the industry. So they have done lots to improve the game and mix things up over the years. Hence the reason it won game of show in a lot of the gamers choice awards at E3.

Im a Halo fan and it did pretty much save Microsoft's bacon with the Xbox and its lack of games but i respect what DICE have done with the Battlefield series too and have been playing it for 9 years and it has one of the most loyal fanbases in gaming.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I wasnt trying to diss those games they are all great titles and they are each their own piece of pie. I was just trying to compare to broaden what I meant about Halo.

For one example of what I mean Halo's multiplayer was a huge success, what it did was encourage people to start LAN parties and system linking Xbox. This was such a big phenomenon it made Microsoft realize the potentiol of Xbox Live. It created a bubble so to speak that forced the walls to widen up. When Live started really going was around the same time Halo 2 came out almost perfectly and on to the crowning success of Halo 3 whose release broke movie box office releases and made the world really start to see the potential of videogame marketing and now we are seeing consoles with amazing connectivity to the web and television. -Not to say Halo is responsible for any of that just that it bridged the gaps and paved ways.

Along the same time those other titles were becoming huge as well and you could see a perfect example of this with Reach. You can see that they added stuff like sprinting, perqs, map start up equipment you can toltally tell that they are trying to nudge at the other titles with stuff like that and because of this Halo lost a signifigant amount of fans who were utterly appalled to say the least with those developments.

Most other FPS titles are usually the same template, a historical war, skill shots, realistic weaponry, and tbh 3rd rate graphics. Alot of people like Halo more because it is fantastical from storyline to vehicles and weapons.

Honestly I was dissappointed with Cod Black ops, I fealt like I never got a new videogame graphics and everything was pretty much same experiance.

I guess the jist of it all is that for me Halo isnt boring its always innovative from the first xbox FPS or so to Halo 2 duel weilding and Halo 3's encouraging of user created maps. They always seem to bring something to the table. I hate Reach because its just Halo only trying to compete with other FPS games who are finally starting to explode on the scene and be really recognized by wide audiances.

James Butts

A Damn Fool
Reaction score
I hate Reach because its just Halo only trying to compete with other FPS games who are finally starting to explode on the scene and be really recognized by wide audiances.

agreed, the only thing a liked about it was multiplayer(mostly only play zombies on this one though) and forge was much better than in halo 3. but, I still can't wait for this to come out.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Multiplayer is fun but I dont like the new ranking system, the forge was amazing. Halo listens to its community thats why they are so successful.

CE anniversary multiplayer will us the Reach servers so they dont split the community up.

Killer191940

mixture of try-hard skill, dont judge me by my pic
Reaction score
They are actually going to Re-make Halo combat evolved? This is going to be awsome if they are going to implant the Halo reach engine,graphics,and all the other things like assanations. But they could stop with the small competion nuges thogh I mean if they really want compition why not have Halo 4 have wepon costomization and vehicle costomization? i mean it would be a lot but, it would give Activision something to think about.

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
I have a feeling they're gonna make a few minor changes that'll screw everything up, like wekaening the pistol or adding new enemies or plot devices.

Dunno why though.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I have a feeling they're gonna make a few minor changes that'll screw everything up, like wekaening the pistol or adding new enemies or plot devices.

Dunno why though.
343 have said that as far as single player goes, literally the only changes are graphics and I think they added co-op (Plus you can play without signing out of LIVE) Online capabilities are like ODST (Maps will run off of Reach as a DLC/Spare disk like ODST.)

Killer191940

Reaction score
(Aka: By the year 2022 the franchise will be bad)by: Lacky star
Yea......Who knows? they could possibly keep making Halo re-makes and perhaps if they keep getting new ideas from fans keep making new Halo games, because Bungie is about the only company i know that Acutually listen to their fans ideas.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
like wekaening the pistol or adding new enemies or plot devices.

Nope, it has been stated in an interview that the ridiculously overpowered pistol is back.
Now we can kill someone from the other side of Blood Gulch agin.

Killer191940

Reaction score
Yea i've seen that one in action,(from Halo Combat Evoved original) the pistol is ridiculosly overpowered (can kill anything in allmost one shot.),but depends if the person being shot at has sheilds, And to add to that it is ridicululy accurate for a small thing (allready was fliping accurate in the first place). Im betting 60-40 chances we are going to see a lot of pistol spammers in Halo Combat Evolved Re-make. (once they learn of this of course.)

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
Nope, it has been stated in an interview that the ridiculously overpowered pistol is back. Now we can kill someone from the other side of Blood Gulch agin.

Bungie am proud

Azer249

Reaction score
I might cry when this game comes out. Tears of joy for one of my favourite games ever <3

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Meh.

Original Halo multi player with a few mates in the same room was the best fun you could have with your clothes on, but the Xbox LIVE-generation of gamers have ruined multi player for me. That's why I'm not into REACH or Modern Warfare and all that jazz.

Everyone's such a douchebag.