• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

hellllllllllo there children

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
hi, im william black and im a fable and halo nut. ;)

iv been playing fable synce it came out and i have a welth of knolige to do with the halo and fable universes and it dident realy prove usefull till now

if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask and i hope i can gett along with you all

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
Hi there.

Interesting. I already know absolutely everything to know about Fable and Fable: TLC, and I mean in entirety, not even bluffing. But I don't know anything at all about Halo except that CE was kinda fun. Maybe there's a thing or two we can learn from each other sir. Looking forward to our discussions. :)

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nice to have you here, hope to see you around the boards.

william black

I am the original archon
Reaction score
Nice to have you here, hope to see you around the boards.
Thanks

:)

But I don't know anything at all about Halo except that CE was kinda fun. :)

Okkkkkkk erm...... there's a lot to learn to become the master young one

Hi there.

Interesting. I already know absolutely everything to know about Fable and Fable: TLC, and I mean in entirety, not even bluffing. But I don't know anything at all about Halo except that CE was kinda fun. Maybe there's a thing or two we can learn from each other sir. Looking forward to our discussions. :)

Wut bout ta sandstone

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
Wut bout ta sandstone
Sandstone? Do you mean Sandgoose? The sandgoose is a very worn tale, one that I had become so exhausted of that I had to flee the Lionhead forums, back before they took down the forums and put them back up again. I asked them plainly and simply. With all the collective knowledge about Fable, the lore, the stories, the canon and theories, the history, the background, the development, every iota of earned knowledge related to the games, I came to them offering to share in productive conversation. What did they want? Sandgoose. Those people are just nutters.

BayStone said:
There's no doubt about what sandgoose is...

What Is a Sandgoose?

The Sandgoose is a black and white (more black than white) creature that struts around the Sahara Desert. This strange sand-dwelling goose (hence the name) listens to tourists roaming the vast desert to learn the lingo in which they speak.

The Sandgoose (or perhaps Sandgooses; note spelling) are multilingual, and thus can retain many languages at one time. The Sandgoose has been known to communicate at the level of an average three-year-old child, according to rather dubious travellers.

The Sandgoose, while outgoing, has not been caught on film. It's a sly bird, which can easily sense motion, so it has quick reflexes. This odd creature has no intention to be exposed to the public, and with the ability to speak it can easily overwhelm travellers with its shocking talent. There is no evidence of the Sandgoose.

But despite the fact that the Sandgoose has no evidence, it has gathered many fans.

The Origins of the Sandgoose

The Sandgoose is actually an inside joke created by Atchoo. While Project Ego was in its early days and the world was young, Atchoo was a boy without a care in the world. In these times, a youth would just blurt out whatever came to his head and that’s what he did. He mentioned to Bat that he had adopted or seen a Sandgoose, causing Bat hours of searching through libraries and the net apparently, without any positive results. At this, Bat enquired to Atchoo if he could actually give him any information on this mysterious beast, to which Atchoo just laughed and could not believe a simple joke could be taken so far... little did he know the full extent. Atchoo grew enamoured with his creation and began doing things like referring to it over the internet, and posting posters around his school with the phrase, 'Have you seen this bird?'

But now you may ask, how it is that BBB and Lionhead took knowledge of this made up bird. Well, when Atchoo went for testing the first time at BBB, he mentioned this joke to Dene Carter and it didn’t take long for him to want to implement this beast in Project Ego. Well, with the becoming of Fable and the speed of word of mouth, Peter and many other people knew about this bird, but very few actually know why and or how it originated…

Now you know.

---

Well, Atchoo could've changed his mind, who knows.

The sandgoose makes an appearance in Fable 2, as the name of a tavern. It is also in Fable 3, as the name of a rifle. It is mentioned and referenced here and there in minor ways. I don't know what the developers were thinking when doing this, because to me it just serves as a reminder of one of Molyneux's failings in marketing/PR which in turn reminds me of all his failings in marketing/PR since it's just the same one over and over. Or perhaps I'm wrong about that - maybe it wasn't a failing but instead a cruel success. Maybe they wanted to make all of the players of the original Fable curious about the sandgoose the butt of the inside joke, laughing hysterically at the thought of thousands of people trying to figure out what the hell a sandgoose is and where it is in Fable. I hope that's not the case. Now please, let's put the sandgoose to bed, it's very, very tired.

If you meant sandstone, I'm a gamer, not a geologist.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thanks

Okkkkkkk erm...... there's a lot to learn to become the master young one

Wut bout ta sandstone

I have merged your triple post together, you can multi-quote in the same post to save posting multiple times.