• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hello Moderators Need A Favor.

DemonBlood93

Reaction score
Don't use this account, don't want this account, don't need this account, could you please delete it I am moving on for other things, thankyou.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
We don't do account deletions, sorry. If you don't wish to use it anymore, then simply don't.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Why is that?

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
When you delete someone's account everything they ever wrote anywhere on the site is removed which can screw things up rather royally. I know the OP has only 4 posts but the principle has to remain otherwise it just gets complicated. And my tiny woman brain can't cope.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Can't it just replace all their posts with "Guest" or whatever? I swear I've seen that here before.

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I know with VB it did...I'm not so sure about this one though because when you go to delete the account it warns you that everything will be gone if you go ahead with the deletion. I might test this out though because it would be handy not to lose everything if someone did get deleted...

In terms of privacy, which is sometimes what people are concerned about, people should be able to get rid of their own sigs, contact info and the like. Passwords are never kept here so that's not an issue unless someone is silly enough to tell another person what it is.

EDIT: Ok, I've taken a look and talked it over with Steve - account deletion is an exercise in the pointless because everything remains as it is aside from the person in question not being able to sign in - so they may as well be banned for all the difference it makes. There is no option to be changed to "guest" so people will still see you, your posts, your everything - may as well just not sign in anymore rather than go through the hassle of deleting the account.

Latest update to the system made not so long ago means posts and threads aren't deleted anymore, which is good, but there really is no benefit to asking for a deletion whatsoever...best thing to do is change your own password to something you've typed with your eyes shut and your hands partly-numbed so you have no idea what it is and then you can't get in anyway. Sorted :D

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Ah I see. Thanks for satisfying my curiosity :)

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Thrilling stuff, eh? You can almost feel how bored I am these days...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
New infant not keeping you occupied enough? Or have you lost it already?

Angel

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hardly - he's louder than a personal attack alarm...nah, we've got builders in and so I can't get anything done until they leave sometime before Christmas at this rate.

Look at me completely derailing a thread - I ought to send myself a verbal warning. I'll go do it now...

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
267_The_Rabbit_Knows_Nose_-_36_x_24_med.jpg

01980-1.jpg

pink-raygun-shuttle2.jpg

Disclaimer: I am not derailing this thread with unrelated pics. Oh, those? I'm sure they have a meaning.

Sean

Fallen
Premium
Reaction score
Who is this dude?

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Can I just say that stuff like this is incredibly annoying? I'm running a student organization with a listserv (e-mail sending... thing,) and it seems like every time I send something out I get e-mails back asking me to take people off.

Seriously, A) They can do it themselves. B) Why not just ignore the e-mails, or just read them if you want to? C) My favorite was when, today, I got an e-mail from someone asking me to take them off. They said they graduated. They had a @umd e-mail. For one thing, they eventually delete that e-mail when you graduate. For another, that e-mail system is being shut down soon, so they shouldn't be getting them anymore. For another... ****.

...Ok, it's not that similar, but I seize any opportunity to bitch.