• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Help with Modding please...

N

NeutronHInc

Help with Modding please...

Okay, I searched for this but didn't find what I was looking for here, nor did I find it using Google.

I love Fable:TLC for PC (though a little on the short side if you ask me) and I want to start messing around with it and see what I can add in spots.

First thing, I found the "tutorial" for adding things to chests, and so far that has worked with adding the Hero Dolls and Tattoos to the Guild Demon Door chest. So now I'm wanting to add ALL Legendary Weapons (including the Sword of Aeons and Avo's Tear) to the same chest in the Guild Demon Door. I'm also wanting to add Archon's Battle Armor to it.

The problem I'm facing is...

I can't figure out what is what in the Fable Explorer! >< I found the Legendary weapons easy enough, but Archon's armor... I'm THINKING that it is the "OBJECT_HERO_HELMET_PLATINUM" for Archon's Battle Helm but I'm not sure.

Is there some list of what is what for this stuff? If not, I'll simply add and see. I would rather know what I'm stuffing into chests without having to start the game, go through the training, open the door, open the chest, just to find what I wanted isn't in the blasted thing and start over.

Also, is there any way to have your Hero Dual Wield? That would be kickin if you could use both the Sword of Aeons in one hand and Avo's Tear in the other. :ninja:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Help with Modding please...

Well what I would do is choose the item you think is the right one, double click it in the objects list, click on OBJECT on the left of the sub menu, scroll down until you find something beginning with MESH_ and click that, it should give you a preview of the item. ( I'll post some pics in a minute if you don't understand)

As for the dual wielding, lets just say I think you should stick around the fable modding forum for the next few days. ^_^

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve

Well explained, droded. good job.

droded;62296 said:
As for the dual wielding, lets just say I think you should stick around the fable modding forum for the next few days. ^_^
Sounds intriguing... I'll keep my eyes open... ;)

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

NeutronHInc;62261 said:

I do believe the Platinum is archon's Armor. I'm glad you could figure out chest spawning okay. ^_^

N

NeutronHInc

droded;62296 said:
Well what I would do is choose the item you think is the right one, double click it in the objects list, click on OBJECT on the left of the sub menu, scroll down until you find something beginning with MESH_ and click that, it should give you a preview of the item. ( I'll post some pics in a minute if you don't understand)

Kick ***, Fable Explorer has a "preview" thing, thank Skorm! Thanks droded!!!

Sephiroxas;62509 said:
I do believe the Platinum is archon's Armor. I'm glad you could figure out chest spawning okay. ^_^
It is, I did a quick test last night after I went through all the Helms and Hats and the Platinum was the only one that didn't go with anything else, and sure enough, the Platinum is Archon's Armor! :D

I just love how fast I am at picking things up, took my less then two minutes to figure out how to spawn a new chest after reading a "tutorial" on the matter. Adding things to an existing chest, easiest thing to do! I've done that kinda thing in other games. :lol: I've already put all the Hairstyles (I REALLY want the hairstyle that the Fistfighter guy has, you know the three Spike Mohawk thing!!! But I can't seem to find that one. ><) and Tattoos in the two Bookcases in the Guild Demon Door! Just a shame there is no Tattoo guy in Bowerstone South, I have to wait until I come across a wondering tattoo Trader or until I get to KGlade. ><

That reminds me! Why is it when I've grabbed all armor and weapons from the Guild, Bowerstone, the wondering Traders, Darkwood Camp, the Fields, Oakvale, and Twinblade's Camp traders, does the weapon/armor trader in the Glade disappear on me!? This is annoying me because I've killed the Balvies and the White Blavie before they had a chance to kill anyone and the trader guy isn't there, but the Tattoo guy, goods guy, and bartender are. >< There are also times where I haven't grabbed ANY armor or weapons and the Glade armor/weapon trader isn't there too! >< There was even one time there were NO traders in the glade at ALL!!! ><

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Well as for the hairstyle, it is none existent, as it is part of the fist fighter's mesh.

That guy always disappears, he'll come back eventually.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Most annoying bug ever in Fable that, with the two traders randomly not appearing. It is totally random - you can play through Fable a hundred times and they'll both be there, or you can play one single time and one of them is missing - or both.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I always sleep a overnight and they're there in the morning.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I've never had any problems with disappearing people. Only the tattooist in knothole glad, but that's because I killed him.

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

I don't kill anyone, and I don't usually have problems with people not being there. However the Armourer in Knothole Glade doesn't turn up every now and then.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Most annoying bug that....:ninja:

N

NeutronHInc

Albion Knight;63135 said:
I always sleep a overnight and they're there in the morning.
I tried that twice, and the jerk still wasn't there. Not that it matters, I have all the armor and weapons he sells anyway. LOL

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

Lol, he probably took all the money and turned into a pimp somewhere. Check the bordello.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score

The quickest way to find out what an object is is to look at the CInventoryItemDef of the object. The def links to the text entries.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Keshire;66107 said:
The quickest way to find out what an object is is to look at the CInventoryItemDef of the object. The def links to the text entries.

Yet again +rep for adding your info.