• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Historical References...

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The_Archon

Historical References...

I was just thinking about how much I love the history there is to discover in Fable TLC, and how it makes the game so much more in depth. Stories of the Old Kingdom and such, and tid-bits on past Heroes, I find that very interesting. But in Fable 2, being set 500 years ahead, how will they make reference to OUR Heroes? After all, he never really had a name? Only a nickname. Will he simply be refered to as "The Hero"? After all, he did slay the biggest threat to Albion ever, Jack of Blades, someone who is thought to have brought chaos to Albion since the dawn of time (the Oracle makes mention of this). How will he be known? I'm sure he can't be forgotten all together? Also, you know that grave where you get Avo's Tear? I bet if you can still access the Guild, that our Heroes body will lay in that empty grave, that is "reserved for a deserving Hero". Any thoughts on how all of our great accomplishment will be remembered? They can't cut that history out of the game, it'll ruin the storyline, he MUST be known somehow.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Historical References...

The_Archon said:
I was just thinking about how much I love the history there is to discover in Fable TLC, and how it makes the game so much more in depth. Stories of the Old Kingdom and such, and tid-bits on past Heroes, I find that very interesting. But in Fable 2, being set 500 years ahead, how will they make reference to OUR Heroes? After all, he never really had a name? Only a nickname. Will he simply be refered to as "The Hero"? After all, he did slay the biggest threat to Albion ever, Jack of Blades, someone who is thought to have brought chaos to Albion since the dawn of time (the Oracle makes mention of this). How will he be known? I'm sure he can't be forgotten all together? Also, you know that grave where you get Avo's Tear? I bet if you can still access the Guild, that our Heroes body will lay in that empty grave, that is "reserved for a deserving Hero". Any thoughts on how all of our great accomplishment will be remembered? They can't cut that history out of the game, it'll ruin the storyline, he MUST be known somehow.

They will probably drop hits and a Legendary hero that saved albion (or plundered it into darkness) and defeated Jack Of Blades (or took over from where he left off) its completley open story really.

T

The_Archon

I suppose, but that still leaves it REALLY open, like you said, there are so many possibilities, however, I just came up with another idea. Perhaps... perhaps the history will be relieved as a myth, double sided, where some believe that "The Hero" was good, and did all the good things, and reveal the history based on that, and perhaps your alignment in Fable 2 as well, and there will be another myth, about the Hero being Pure Evil, and making all the evil decisions, and continued on Jack's doings, but now (in Fable 2) torments some other place, or perhaps lays dormant, waiting for something to happen again... I dunno, just a thought, I think that could do well, much more in depth of course, but I think that gets the message across, no?

B

blu phoenix

hey the trailer looks pretty neat. even though it's set 500 years i'm sure they'll mention something. i'm also sure they'll make it better after all fable was a hit. let's just hope they don't mess it up although i don't think they will. it sucks too i now have to get a xbox 360 cause i only have an xbox. unless it will be released on pc.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

blu phoenix said:
hey the trailer looks pretty neat. even though it's set 500 years i'm sure they'll mention something. i'm also sure they'll make it better after all fable was a hit. let's just hope they don't mess it up although i don't think they will. it sucks too i now have to get a xbox 360 cause i only have an xbox. unless it will be released on pc.

Im sure it would be released for PC yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.