• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hobbies, time wasters, etc. What are yours?

DieselFuelOnly

Pardon cheez while he gets classy
Reaction score
Wanna know what hobbies/time wasters everybody has :)

Photography... I wouldn't say I have any real skill at it, but if something looks cool, or I'm afraid of forgetting about something, I compulsively take multiple pictures of it. I also compulsively show people pictures of whatever I'm talking about, in case that isn't already evident :unsure:

Working on/playing in the mud with my sweetheart :wub: Rust free 1970 GMC 2wd cab on a 1969 Chevy Blazer 4x4 frame/drivetrain. Motor is a rebuilt and finely tuned(by yours truly) 307, turbo 350 transmission, four wheel drive w/lockers. The exhaust is straight piped from the headers and completely open. The louder the better ;) And it is... very loud. My neighbors hate me for it.

pict0009ja.jpg

pict0088is.jpg

In the picture, that's what happened when my neighbor called the police on me for riding it on my own property at 6pm... Ruts ruts ruts, as close as legally possible to his "golf course" lawn. If you don't wanna hear people on their atv's after they get home from work, don't live in Sinking Valley, PA :|
pict0164nv.jpg

Modifying radio controlled trucks. Not the expensive ones, I have two 4x4's from radioshack back in the late 90's when the expensive toy-grade rc's weren't junk. The truck in the picture is a shaft driven 4x4 that I've done some work to. I wired lights onto the mainboard, made a series batter connector (double voltage=rip ass torque), locked the differentials, swapped the shock springs for a softer set, and a bunch of other little things. It's also completely waterproofed and fully submersible if I ever get the urge to go mudding with it.
40891928180928854578748.jpg

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
I do photography I have a thread in the art board(also a deviantart account), I also write, read tarot cards, read, watch tv & films, listen to museek oh and I sometimes like to play video games.

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
I do photography I have a thread in the art board, I also write, read tarot cards, read watch tv & films, listen to museek oh and I sometimes like to play video games.

I'll give your thread a look :)

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Hobbies: Playing piano, doing other sutff with music, playing M:tG, videogames on occasion.

Time Wasters: Internet. I wish I had stronger willpower.

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
One of the things I loved doing, but cannot do anymore, was to play pen and paper rpgs like World of Darkness' Werewolf and Vampire. I still even have a few full storylines that need to be played out but sadly I doubt I'll ever get the players to run thru it, nor do I expect anyone to stick with it (they never do except for me it seems).

Sephi still has a Weretiger she'll never get to use because of it. Makes me a bit sad sometimes cuz of how fun they can be. Time-consuming yes, and thus a timewaster. But it's not wasted time to me if it was enjoyed.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Work.

Lacking that, I procrastinate on youtube often, or I procrasterbate.

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
One of the things I loved doing, but cannot do anymore, was to play pen and paper rpgs like World of Darkness' Werewolf and Vampire. I still even have a few full storylines that need to be played out but sadly I doubt I'll ever get the players to run thru it, nor do I expect anyone to stick with it (they never do except for me it seems).

Sephi still has a Weretiger she'll never get to use because of it. Makes me a bit sad sometimes cuz of how fun they can be. Time-consuming yes, and thus a timewaster. But it's not wasted time to me if it was enjoyed.

I'd like to learn more about these "pen and paper rpgs". Is it something that could be done here on the forum? It's something I may be interested in.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Mostly internet and guitar. When I have something I should be working on, guitar really makes me put it off. Internet is easier to put aside to get to work, but when I do get distracted by it I end up wasting hours before I get around to doing it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Is "drinking horrendous amounts of alcohol" a good answer? No? Well...

I play a lot of music. And by play I don't mean listen - though I do listen to a lot of music too. I muck about on the guitar; sing along and play the fiddle(separately of course). If I get bored of that, I play teh video games or watch TV and put my brain into autopilot.

But then "A WILD INTERNET APPEARS!"

FFFFUUUUU-

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well, honestly, I masturbate a lot. Calculating the total time spent, it would probably qualify as a hobby...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I used to regularly work on graphics designs in Photoshop, but I've not taken it seriously for a long time (I still do stuff in it though). Other hobbies are fiddling with my guitar sometimes, exercise, martial arts, drawing, video games, and of course.. the all amazing internet. I've been thinking of getting into new hobbies recently, keep myself more occupied and entertained.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
One thing I'd really like to get into is Warhammer 40K. But **** son, that stuff is so friggin' expensive!

White_Howler

Werewolf Sage
Reaction score
I'd like to learn more about these "pen and paper rpgs". Is it something that could be done here on the forum? It's something I may be interested in.

Quite possibly, in fact it might be easier to do such a thing on MSN voice chat or something like that. Entirely possible as I know there are programs out there for it. I know quite a bit about it so if you really want some explanation I can direct you to some good sources for research.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
<.<
>.>
dont we all play video games here?
thats like all i ****ing do after work.

I read on my breaks and before i go to bed....

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Did I hear someone say "Dungeons and Dragons"? ****, let me get my gear and we're on!

DieselFuelOnly

Reaction score
Quite possibly, in fact it might be easier to do such a thing on MSN voice chat or something like that. Entirely possible as I know there are programs out there for it. I know quite a bit about it so if you really want some explanation I can direct you to some good sources for research.

Part of me is saying "yea but I used to avoid kids in school that did that stuff", which I now feel bad for and wish I could go back and spend lunch with them every day. Since then life has steered me into being an auto mechanic, gamer, internet junkie, and **** poor but capable programmer... Three of which rarely cross paths. So why not add to the madness and allow the nerd in me to say:

*pulls out a gold plated case, removes a pair of fancy reading glasses, puts them on*

I'm very interested and would like to learn more about it and possibly get into it if you'd welcome a newcomer :geek:

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score
My hobbies and time wasters include:

Graphic Design
Video Games
Piano Playing
Guitar Fiddling
Fable, Resident Evil 4, & Diablo II Modding.
Listening to Music.
Making Music Videos
Drawing
Facebooking
Foruming
And playing with my cat. :lol: