• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Horror Movies

Lorelai

Reaction score
Anybody remember this old gem of a film? Decided to watch it again a couple weeks ago and almost forgot how awesome it was.

Yet another underrated actor that is Jeff Goldblum, I'm curious if they still make any horror films today that doesn't resort to flashy CGI effects, but instead hand-crafted special effects. Has anyone seen any? Maybe some indie or foreign films buried beneath all the mainstream?

Yess, I've seen the fly a couple of times, def. a classic!! I've seen the sequel too and don't remember it much but remember it not being nearly as good as the first. I just remember how cool the first one was in watching Jeff Goldblum's character's progression throughout the movie into becoming The Fly, pretty craaazyyy.

As far as horror movies that don't rely much on CGI, I can think of two french foreign films from just a few years ago.. Inside and High Tension. Inside only has like one brief scene of CGI (pretty bad CGI actually) but its brief usage. High Tension I don't think has any. Two extremely gory movies and to the casual horror fan probably a bit disturbing.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Yess, I've seen the fly a couple of times, def. a classic!! I've seen the sequel too and don't remember it much but remember it not being nearly as good as the first. I just remember how cool the first one was in watching Jeff Goldblum's character's progression throughout the movie into becoming The Fly, pretty craaazyyy.

I've actually never seen the sequel before, in fact, I never knew one existed until you mentioned it just now. I'm still surprised Goldblum didn't win any award for his performance, I recall the film winning a couple of awards for its special effects. Reading the article on The Fly II as I'm typing this and it sounds like a typical sequel cash-in, no wonder it failed.

Lorelai said:
As far as horror movies that don't rely much on CGI, I can think of two french foreign films from just a few years ago.. Inside and High Tension. Inside only has like one brief scene of CGI (pretty bad CGI actually) but its brief usage. High Tension I don't think has any. Two extremely gory movies and to the casual horror fan probably a bit disturbing.

I remember the film Inside, think I saw it on IFC one night and was actually really good.. in a twisted sort of way. High Tension is noted, but I'm definitely looking more towards the likes of a sci-fi horror (not including zombies, I've seen enough of those).

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
The one with Jeff Goldblum is actually a remake. There are two movies done in the 50s and one in '65.