• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How do you buy all the Bowerstone houses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score
How do you buy all the Bowerstone houses?

In Fable 1 you can buy out all the houses in Bowerstone by using the "Freeze Time" glitch with Berserk, Assassin Rush, and a shovel, but since they patched that glitch in TLC, you can't do that anymore.

And as we all know in Bowerstone, as sucky as it is, everyone is FRIGGEN INVULNERABLE (Except for the guards) I spent about half an hour straight pelting one person in a far corner where the guards never looked, as well as taking one out into the Quay and beating the crap outta him there, but no matter how long you spend beating their face to pulp, they never die...

So that being the case, the only way to kill a Bowerstone citizen, is to make them follow you outside of town where they are not vulnerable, and where you can wield weapons again, then chop them up and go back inside.

BUT THE ONLY PROBLEM IS THE FRIGGEN CHILDREN DO NOT FOLLOW YOU OUTSIDE OF TOWN, which REALLY bugs the crap outta me. Nither does the teacher or that moron with the hat that plays the "Card Pair Table". So I decided to hire myself a couple mercenaries, because whenever I commit a crime with a mercenary following me, it seems the mercenary (Or a guards accidently sword attack) can actually kill people. So I sent the Card Pair game dude to his grave, made my fines go away, and proceeded to Mr.Gout's house. (The teacher) I proceeded to commit a crime so both my mercenaries would attack...

AND GUESS WHAT, MR.GOUT AND ALL THE KIDS ARE INVULNERABLE EVEN TO SWORD ATTACKS IN THE TOWN. I stood there watching them strike the crud outta both of them and they were still friggen alive after 2 minutes of holding off the guards while the mercenaries attacked.

This is really starting to annoy me cause I made a wealthy merchant hero and my goal with him is to own every single building you can get in the game.

Does anybody know how to get a child to follow you out of town? Or how to work around this problem in any way? Personally I find it rather stupid that you can't wield the supposibly "ALMIGHTY SWORD OF AEONS" in Bowerstone, if I had a sword like that and a guard at the entry told me I can't come in without giving them the sword, I'd just slash my way into town easily. And seriously, for them to take away spell usage in town, that's just lame.

JBL

Saber
Reaction score
Re: How do you buy all the Bowerstone houses?

Sounds like you're having fun. Sorry, but the kids won't follow you or the people you can "talk" to, like the Bowerstone teacher and lady grey. It's possible to kill people in Oakvale and the other places, but not Bowerstone.

R

rocky

is there no way to own a whole town without going on a killing spree?

S

Seishi

rocky;25626 said:
is there no way to own a whole town without going on a killing spree?
yeah yo make them follow you to an area where the map has to load, tell them to wait. When you re enter the town tha building will be for sale.

And now that were talking about that, how do I buy the chiefs/major (whatever) house in knothole glade???

R

rocky

Seishi;25741 said:
yeah yo make them follow you to an area where the map has to load, tell them to wait. When you re enter the town tha building will be for sale.

thanks alot! i guess there are no other real advantages about it though, except the rental money right?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

rocky;25754 said:
thanks alot! i guess there are no other real advantages about it though, except the rental money right?

Yeah thats about only good thing...

S

sevenna

It is impossible to own all the houses in Bowerstone South due to the brats that live in the houses. Even if yiu take the mercs in with you and use the peeps as human shields to stop you being killed the kids are unkillable. They cannot follow you out of the town either. A most annoying glitch but that life.
Of course you can own all of the other towns. :ninja:

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

sevenna;25761 said:
It is impossible to own all the houses in Bowerstone South due to the brats that live in the houses. Even if yiu take the mercs in with you and use the peeps as human shields to stop you being killed the kids are unkillable. They cannot follow you out of the town either. A most annoying glitch but that life.
Of course you can own all of the other towns. :ninja:

I don't think it's a glitch - I think there is something telling the developers that you can't allow kids to get killed in your game.

S

sevenna

Heh did I post glitch? Hmm :blush: . What I meant was it is impossible to kill kids, not a glitch but you know what I mean. :wacko:
Yes I know the devs are saying but it is still annoying though that you may not own all the houses

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score

Which, in theory, you should be able to. Atleast when you become Mayor of Bowerstone.

S

sevenna

You can become mayor of Bowerstone. I assume that if you turn in Lady Grey and choice to become mayor, then you are mayor of both north and south bowerstone.
Pity this did not entitle you to collect the rent from the serfs. :cool:

S

Seishi

so, does anybody know how can I own the last house at knothole glade?

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

Seishi;25805 said:
so, does anybody know how can I own the last house at knothole glade?

That is only possible in Fable 1. Lost chapters made it the "Chieftans Hut" even though he never lives in it unless your on the Ransom Victims quest.

P

Poppycock

the cheiftans hut doesnt even have a bed does it?

Skorm's Son

NECROMANCER
Reaction score

Yeah....................it does

Mike398214

Death Ranger
Reaction score

The chieftan and fist fighter gang leaders suck crap. You can hack at em for an hour with the ALMIGHTY sword of aeons for half an hour and they'll still get right back up and start beating on you. And how the hell are you to get these morons off you when they'll never stop attacking you? It's bs. If anything the chief and leaders should "Flea" in a cinematic after being stuck enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.