• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How I feel about Fable III.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastperf

Reaction score
If you really hate this game so very much, why keep going on about it? If you hate, stick it back in the box and stop talking about it. If it truly offends you that much surely you would rather not have to speak of it anymore at all?
Talking about it sucking is more fun than playing it. We're gonna get our $80.00 worth one way or another.:devil:

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
If you really hate this game so very much, why keep going on about it? If you hate, stick it back in the box and stop talking about it. If it truly offends you that much surely you would rather not have to speak of it anymore at all?

It gives me something to do.

Also, I like what Masterperf said. I'm getting my $80 worth one way or another!

TheDarkCynder

Reaction score
How is spending money on a DLC a good thing? I don't care about other people. I can care less if they're broke. Call me ignorant, but no one is going to make me b'aww over other people and their entertainment habits, after I have 20 voulenteer hours and constantly participate in canned food drives and donations. All I know is, I have $200 JUST to use for my iPod touch and Xbox360. And... this money came from my father. Not out of my pocket. I don't really play any games besides Fable and Halo, and on my iPod touch, I don't download songs and I am not interested in many of the apps for $1.00. The last time I bought an app was 2 months ago for $5 which was Limechat, an IRC host. Will I spend all $200 on the game? No. I'm just trying to enlighten one of the few RPG games that actually have DLC. Frankly, I don't think i'll ever be seriously dissapointed by Fable. I play for the RPG part of games, not the action.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
How is spending money on a DLC a good thing? I don't care about other people. I can care less if they're broke. Call me ignorant, but no one is going to make me b'aww over other people and their entertainment habits, after I have 20 voulenteer hours and constantly participate in canned food drives and donations. All I know is, I have $200 JUST to use for my iPod touch and Xbox360. And... this money came from my father. Not out of my pocket. I don't really play any games besides Fable and Halo, and on my iPod touch, I don't download songs and I am not interested in many of the apps for $1.00. The last time I bought an app was 2 months ago for $5 which was Limechat, an IRC host. Will I spend all $200 on the game? No. I'm just trying to enlighten one of the few RPG games that actually have DLC. Frankly, I don't think i'll ever be seriously dissapointed by Fable. I play for the RPG part of games, not the action.

I see; so your parents pay for everything.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hell, if you have a disposable income then why not enjoy it? Nothing wrong with that.

If I wasn't so incredibly tight-fisted I'd fork out for DLC for certain games too...but I prefer to let my husband do the paying :D

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
People are hurt most by the things they love. I'm pretty sure that MaleficRaven doesn't, in fact, hate Fable. Actually, you could say he loves it too much. It's every flaw and imperfection enrages him because he wanted too badly for it to be the greatest game he has ever played. When it turned out not to be, he became bitter. Fable II and III are games that didn't necessarily improve on the original in any great way. They are not terrible games if you judge them based on their own merit or in comparison to similar games on the market, but he doesn't see that. He, and others like him, many of them hardcore fans of the original, feel betrayed by the apparent mediocrity of the sequels. They don't just want to recapture the glory of the first Fable, they want to see it made greater than it ever was. I can understand how they feel.

They are the most disappointed and the angriest of fans because they are the biggest fans.

Mastperf

Reaction score
Very well said, Shadowfiend. That is exactly the reason I'm personally upset. Fable is a game above all others to me. I just can't believe it was so mishandled.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
People are hurt most by the things they love. I'm pretty sure that MaleficRaven doesn't, in fact, hate Fable. Actually, you could say he loves it too much. It's every flaw and imperfection enrages him because he wanted too badly for it to be the greatest game he has ever played. When it turned out not to be, he became bitter. Fable II and III are games that didn't necessarily improve on the original in any great way. They are not terrible games if you judge them based on their own merit or in comparison to similar games on the market, but he doesn't see that. He, and others like him, many of them hardcore fans of the original, feel betrayed by the apparent mediocrity of the sequels. They don't just want to recapture the glory of the first Fable, they want to see it made greater than it ever was. I can understand how they feel.

They are the most disappointed and the angriest of fans because they are the biggest fans.

I disagree. The only part of that, that I agree with is the biggest fans part. However, I don't get upset over every flaw and imperfection but when there's so many and it manages to detract from the overall value and quality of the game then yeah, I tend to get a little ****ed. Fable III IS terrible regardless of how you compare it or how you look at it. Of course, why believe me when you can remain blissfully ignorant of it's painfully obvious flaws? However, if you DO compare Fable III to its predecessors or other games, it's even worse.

We have enough money to throw some away. I'm not saying i'm rich, if it comes out like that.

Stay out of my thread, please. Your comments have gotten on my last nerve.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It's not for you to say who can and cannot post in a thread. And there is nothing wrong with anything The DarkCynder has said.

I think the difference for me is that I tend to see each Fable game as a separate entity, up to a point. The little touches where they link with each other are nice but not essential for me to enjoy the games. For example, when I was doing the search for the Invocation book, the little area where you find it made me smile because of what was there...it was a nice touch, a nice throw-back to previous games.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Fable III IS terrible regardless of how you compare it or how you look at it. Of course, why believe me when you can remain blissfully ignorant of it's painfully obvious flaws?
I don't believe in being 'blissfully ignorant', I believe in enjoying what is good about things and being more forgiving towards their faults. Fable III is not the greatest game I have ever played, but that doesn't change the fact that I genuinely enjoy playing it. You apparently have a harsher set of principles you live by. I disagree with that mentality. It's like placing a limiter on how much enjoyment you can get out of life.

Aruu

Reaction score
I really have to agree on the overused hand holding aspect. Yes, we get it, it's a brand new game mechanic, that doesn't mean you have to include it in every single quest. I really miss the 'follow' expression, it made things so much more simpler.

And whatever happened to that demo of a hero rescuing a child from a burning house by comforting them then carrying them out..?

Mastperf

Reaction score
I
And whatever happened to that demo of a hero rescuing a child from a burning house by comforting them then carrying them out..?
The same thing that happens to all great Fable ideas. Peter got drunk, fell and hit his head on the coffee table and forgot they ever mentioned it. Now all we're left with is a jumbled mess of a Fable and Peter ****ing himself every time someone sneezes.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
It's not for you to say who can and cannot post in a thread. And there is nothing wrong with anything The DarkCynder has said.

I think the difference for me is that I tend to see each Fable game as a separate entity, up to a point. The little touches where they link with each other are nice but not essential for me to enjoy the games. For example, when I was doing the search for the Invocation book, the little area where you find it made me smile because of what was there...it was a nice touch, a nice throw-back to previous games.

Actually, I do. This is my thread and to prevent anything bad from happening, I'm politely requesting that she not post.

I don't believe in being 'blissfully ignorant', I believe in enjoying what is good about things and being more forgiving towards their faults. Fable III is not the greatest game I have ever played, but that doesn't change the fact that I genuinely enjoy playing it. You apparently have a harsher set of principles you live by. I disagree with that mentality. It's like placing a limiter on how much enjoyment you can get out of life.

Oh yes, God forbid I expect some quality out of my games. But no, you're totally right. I should be happy with whatever Lionhead spews out of their mouth. I should lap it up like a good little boy and throw as much money at them as possible.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Oh yes, God forbid I expect some quality out of my games. But no, you're totally right. I should be happy with whatever Lionhead spews out of their mouth. I should lap it up like a good little boy and throw as much money at them as possible.
I love how you completely ignore the point I was trying to make and just plow onwards, putting words in my mouth so that you can base an argument on something I never advocated. Would you like me to leave you alone so that you can have a more convincing debate with yourself? 'Cause I'd hate to ruin what you've got going with unrelated discussion.

My philosophy isn't about blindly accepting whatever I'm given, it's about appreciating art and enjoying what was done right instead of obsessing over what was done wrong. Flaws and imperfections should be pointed out, but they aren't what's important about the experience. It's essential to find flaws in order to correct them, yes, but the fact is there will always be flaws, even in the best games. You're robbing yourself of enjoyment because you can't get over them.
I never said not to question the quality of the games we play. We should critique, though, not damn them. As much as you harp on it, Fable III is a decent game. You say it is not and because I've read your posts I understand perfectly well why you don't like it. After carefully considering your point of view, I have come to the conclusion that I while I agree with you on many things, I think your dislike of Fable III is too extreme.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Actually, I do. This is my thread and to prevent anything bad from happening, I'm politely requesting that she not post.
You know I don't like fighting with you Grim, but she's an admin, and therefore, the whole site is hers.

OT:
I enjoyed Fable III and will continue my mindless day one DLC buying. Even thought this was not their greatest game, I still love Lionhead and am happy to contribute.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
You know I don't like fighting with you Grim, but she's an admin, and therefore, the whole site is hers.

OT:
I enjoyed Fable III and will continue my mindless day one DLC buying. Even thought this was not their greatest game, I still love Lionhead and am happy to contribute.

I realize what she is but that doesn't make her immune to the rules. Unless you're telling me this site does practice double standards, which of course only proves my past assumption correct.

I love how you completely ignore the point I was trying to make and just plow onwards, putting words in my mouth so that you can base an argument on something I never advocated. Would you like me to leave you alone so that you can have a more convincing debate with yourself? 'Cause I'd hate to ruin what you've got going with unrelated discussion.

My philosophy isn't about blindly accepting whatever I'm given, it's about appreciating art and enjoying what was done right instead of obsessing over what was done wrong. Flaws and imperfections should be pointed out, but they aren't what's important about the experience. It's essential to find flaws in order to correct them, yes, but the fact is there will always be flaws, even in the best games. You're robbing yourself of enjoyment because you can't get over them.
I never said not to question the quality of the games we play. We should critique, though, not damn them. As much as you harp on it, Fable III is a decent game. You say it is not and because I've read your posts I understand perfectly well why you don't like it. After carefully considering your point of view, I have come to the conclusion that I while I agree with you on many things, I think your dislike of Fable III is too extreme.

And I love how you think I actually care that you disagree with me. All you've done thus far is tell me how Fable III is a decent game without actually elaborating on it. No, that's not an invitation for you to start blabbing even more. This game is a disappointment regardless of how you see it and if you choose to ignore that, then so be it. I, however, am not going to jump down your throat and follow you everywhere just to make sure you see it that way. Nor am I "robbing myself" of anything because this is not a good game. How would I know? Probably has to do with the fact that I've been playing games since I was a mere child. Could also be because I have an eye for quality, not quantity. Whatever the case may be, I know what Fable III and a good game it is not. Feel free to continue your futile struggle in forcing me to believe what you believe but I honestly don't care.

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
And I love how you think I actually care that you disagree with me. All you've done thus far is tell me how Fable III is a decent game without actually elaborating on it. No, that's not an invitation for you to start blabbing even more. This game is a disappointment regardless of how you see it and if you choose to ignore that, then so be it. I, however, am not going to jump down your throat and follow you everywhere just to make sure you see it that way. Nor am I "robbing myself" of anything because this is not a good game. How would I know? Probably has to do with the fact that I've been playing games since I was a mere child. Could also be because I have an eye for quality, not quantity. Whatever the case may be, I know what Fable III and a good game it is not. Feel free to continue your futile struggle in forcing me to believe what you believe but I honestly don't care.
You cared enough to erase your old post and completely re-word it. :sly: I know I'm flattered.

I'm afraid that no elaboration is necessary. You need only turn back a single page in this thread to read a very long and detailed post written by me that addresses the very things you just accused me of not addressing. I say quite a bit about what's good about the game. I also agree with you on a lot of things that are wrong with it. If you'd bothered to read it, you'd know that you have no idea what you're talking about. As for forcing you to believe in anything, there's nothing I can do or say that will make you see things my way. I never held any illusions of doing so from the beginning. I responded to your posts merely to have my say and allow others to read my opinions. It's kind of the whole purpose of a forum, or at least I assume that's what a forum is for. Am I wrong?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
You cared enough to erase your old post and completely re-word it. :sly: I know I'm flattered.

I'm afraid that no elaboration is necessary. You need only turn back a single page in this thread to read a very long and detailed post written by me that addresses the very things you just accused me of not addressing. I say quite a bit about what's good about the game. I also agree with you on a lot of things that are wrong with it. If you'd bothered to read it, you'd know that you have no idea what you're talking about. As for forcing you to believe in anything, there's nothing I can do or say that will make you see things my way. I never held any illusions of doing so from the beginning. I responded to your posts merely to have my say and allow others to read my opinions. It's kind of the whole purpose of a forum, or at least I assume that's what a forum is for. Am I wrong?

I did it so that I wouldn't come off as purposefully argumentative because, unfortunately, I'm trying to not get banned again. I made a deal with an administrator that I wold hold my tongue and keep myself from getting into trouble. It's not really worth it anymore.

Oh yes, I read that post of yours. Some of it was agreeing with me while the rest was things I've heard other people say which were fairly vague anyways. I had planned on typing up a proper response to it then I realized... why should I care? Why should I reply? In doing so I have to see you and your obnoxious posts again and again and again. I gain nothing from it (with the exception of a headache) and I have to go out of my way just to stop myself from calling you precisely what you are. Anyways, you can consider this my last response to you. I don't care much for smug bastards like yourself who go out of their way to purposely argue with someone so they can get that self-gratification they desire so much. Do as you will. I'm done.

Status
Not open for further replies.