• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How i would have written the Fable series

Jet Phoenix

Reaction score
Now i know this is concerning fable 2 but that forum is dead so ill post it here. This is a retelling a the fable 2 story the way I would have written it, techniquely it could be used a a fable IV prequel or whatever so that qualifies it for this forum. Also remember this is just my opinion on what I would have liked to see, no flaming please. And for a final Also i didn't finish this thread because writing the entire story for the game is a lengthy process and I wanted to show this to you guys right away, Ill update it with the rest of the story later.

Setting

It has been 500 years since the events of Fable TLC. Two major powers exist in Albion, the Heroes Guild and Bowerstone. 340 years ago the old guild was burned down, but most of the heroes managed to escape. They fled east to the edge of the mountains, there in a valley they established the new heroes guild. As the years went on the guild grew in size, population and power. Eventually becoming a city within itself, immense in size and second only to Bowerstone, naturally forming a rivalry between the two.
War soon erupted between the powers. What Bowerstone lacked in heroes it made up for in numbers, and vice versa for the guild. Eventually after years of war and countless dead a treaty was struck along the Bower River, that was 50 years ago.
Since then a cold war has crept its way into the land, with both powers reaching far north and south, bringing new towns and villages into the fold, upping there military might. Causing Albion to witness the largest military build up since the time of the Old kingdom.
Due to the sheer power of the two alliances, only the most remote and powerful are able to remain independent from their grasp. Among these are Bloodstone, Oakfield, Knothole Island and the Dwellers.
Distracted with there petty wars the world is distracted as a much darker force arises. The previous leader of Bowerstone, Lucien, is conspiring to rebuild the spire. As it ascends the sky the great powers become hard pressed to deal with the rising problem (literally and figuratively). On top of that Captain Dread makes his assault on Albion while Balverine populations continue to skyrocket and the mysterious Chesty grows in power.
In an age of turmoil a the land aches itself for a true hero. And a hero shalt be delivered from the most unlikely of places to either stop the world from destroying itself or ignite the flames of destruction...... That hero.....is you.

Story

Main Plot Points: Lucien/Spire and the Heroes Guild / Bowerstone conflict
Variable Plot Points: Scythe, Heroic Rivals, Garth, Captain Dread and Bloodstone, the rise of Balverines, and Chesty

The beginning is much like the first one: You and your sister our poor, meet Theresa, meet a dog, collect 5 coins, go to the castle, pass garth, get shot, Rose dies etc.

You wake up in the alley, distorted, angry, sad and frustrated. Theresa appears above you and explains that there are very powerful forces in the world and you're a mere ant at the in this coming storm. To get revenge you must get stronger, much stronger. She then says “Take my hand” after some more foreshadowing and epic dialogue, teleporting him and the dog away.

Instead of skipping 10 years this early part of the game would act as a combat tutorial teaching you strength and skill techniques. An art cinematic shows him training and honing his skills vigorously, much like the Hero of Oakvale before him. Come age 17 and our hero is still in the gypsy camp which is still in bowerlake. Only this time it is much more isolated, to the point where it appears to be hidden.

Theresa shows him out, gives him the seal, he goes through the ruins, kills Thag, goes to Bowerstone etc. Only this time when he is in the guild she says “The old home of the guild”. The hero goes to bowerstone and Theresa is late like last time, only during the 5 minutes she is gone an event happens.

She explains the two factions in Albion and the Spire, saying that Albion hasnt seen a threat of this magnitude for thousands of years, if Lucien gets his wish not even Darius, the current strongest hero in the world, will be able to stand against him, let alone an angry magic charged teenager (you). The current arms build up is a crisis, yes, but the spire is the heroes main goal she says, and he mustn't lose sight of that. But you’ll need help, the cards tell of 4 heroes who will change the world, overriding every other destiny, when and how this will happen is a mystery, but the who is not.

Theresa sends you to Rookridge like the last game to find the hero of the strength. The path is the same with the bandits and hobbe cave until come out of the hobbe cave. There a cutscene shows a man shooting the last of the 3 bandits on the other side of the bridge (the other 2 are on the ground presumably dead) in the face with a pistol with one foot on his chest. He then makes eye contact with you and the cutscene ends.

"Ey, who the hell are you?!" Suddenly he is behind your character and says "Too late, hehe" and pulls out a sword and attacks you (Not a cinematic). After a short battle in (it will be difficult for you) the man stops as he realizes your a hero. "Heretic!" He the goes on to say "By order of the guildmaster I Edward Smith demand you hand yourself over to the guild or face eternal damnation!"At this point theresa comes on and says he is a powerful hero of skill, possibly stronger then you, but if you can make it into Oakfield that is politically neutral territory and he will not be able to attack you. You can either fight him, go with him or run.

All three options take you into Oakfield. If you choose A it will be a very difficult fight, if you get knocked out it he will take you anyways to oakfield, if you win he will be given another choice, kill him or let him go. If you kill him it will be evil but no one will have to know, if you let him go it will be good but may come back to haunt you later in the form of the heroes guild. If you choose B you will go with him to Oakfield and he will assist you on your quest but demand that you come with him to the heroes guild when you return. If you choose C and make it then you can stay in Oakfield without him attacking you but leaving will be difficult, though he will also assist you on your quests until you leave.

After that things go like normal, you meet hannah, go in the cave, kill the hollowmen etc. until it is time to save her father. At this point if you choose either B or C Edward will use his speed abilities to make it to Hannahs father before you and hannah. Only to find the Commandant there with the other soldier this time, him and Edward have a short fight outside the temple while you race to get there. He says to the other soldier " You get the girl, ill get this one" He then takes Edward with him to the spire.

Jet Phoenix

Reaction score
How I would Have Written Fable Games Or How I Use Elements From Their Story Into Mine And Call It Different

Ouch, Maybe i gave the wrong message. I meant how i would have changed it after fable 1, i'm not talking about a crafting brand new universe.