• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How long do you think Lionhead should wait to release Fable 4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dylan Own

Music is my life. Favorite concert hall in Denver!
Reaction score
Everyone is saying "Release it soon!" Why don't you let Lionhead make an epic Fable 4. I'm saying wait at least 3 years. That's just me.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Agreed. In fact; I would be content with four years and, in the meantime, they release plenty of patches for what we have now.

Maybe even re-visit Fable II with some new and interesting DLC (not that it would ever happen).

MudkipLuna

Mistress of Killing Stuffs
Reaction score
Agreed. 3-4 years would probably be perfect.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
more than 2 years. i want it done right, with no outstanding gameplay-impeding glitches and features that feel NEW.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
A week....

Nah, but seriously about 4 - 5 years I think. That would give them time to work on DLC and PATCHES for FABLE III and then they could go all out on FABLE IV for a while and make an epically awesome game!

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Everyone is saying "Release it soon!" Why don't you let Lionhead make an epic Fable 4. I'm saying wait at least 3 years. That's just me.

I'd prefer ten years. Why? Well... it took them about two years for Fable II and another two years for Fable III and both had a great deal of potential. Given ten years Lionhead could put together the greatest game ever, provided they don't gut it to sell most of the content as DLC AGAIN. I may be incredibly upset with how disappointing Fable III is and I may have lost all my faith in them but they made Black & White and Black & White 2 and I don't know if you guys ever played those games but they were amazing. I know for a fact that these guys have the ability to make an incredible, addicting game that's enjoyable for all if they just put forth the effort. Honestly, I'm not sure who to blame... them... or Microsoft.

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
but they made Black & White and Black & White 2 and I don't know if you guys ever played those games but they were amazing. I know for a fact that these guys have the ability to make an incredible, addicting game that's enjoyable for all

Both those games were awesome.. I miss the skirmish feature from 1 though. They need to make a 3 and include the best of both.

Dirty Machete

Reaction score
I'd have to say 3-4 years, leaning towards 4. Take the time to get the systems right and then a solid 10-12 months of polish and bug-fixing. That's what makes the difference between good games and great games.

Ionium

Reaction score
No matter how many years you want them to wait, it will still turn out crappy most likley. Look at mafia II for crying out loud, 8 years for that!

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
No matter how many years you want them to wait, it will still turn out crappy most likley. Look at mafia II for crying out loud, 8 years for that!
*blinks*

Anyway, I'm thinking it might be for a next-gen console if the development takes more than 2 years.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Both those games were awesome.. I miss the skirmish feature from 1 though. They need to make a 3 and include the best of both.

That would be sweet and it would be even better if they added a multiplayer mode to it as well. Of course, I wouldn't want them releasing it anytime soon, I have an old PC and I'm planning on building myself a new one so that I can actually play games like that without lagging myself to death. That... and I really want to be able to play Diablo 3 when it comes out, hehe.

Apologies for this off-topic post!

Erika

Reaction score
I'd prefer ten years. Why? Well... it took them about two years for Fable II and another two years for Fable III and both had a great deal of potential. Given ten years Lionhead could put together the greatest game ever, provided they don't gut it to sell most of the content as DLC AGAIN. I may be incredibly upset with how disappointing Fable III is and I may have lost all my faith in them but they made Black & White and Black & White 2 and I don't know if you guys ever played those games but they were amazing. I know for a fact that these guys have the ability to make an incredible, addicting game that's enjoyable for all if they just put forth the effort. Honestly, I'm not sure who to blame... them... or Microsoft.
iv played a bit of black and white 2. not to bad but my brother keep getting my game deleted so i gave up doing the first 3 islands over and over again XD

not that iv ever played that game...
but i agree, i think thay should make a fourm/topic and ask other what thay thing and see what thay can make.
iv herd alot of things on forums about peoples ideas i never saw in fable 2 or 3.
take a few months to gather ideas, take a few years to put it ti geather. and thin take another half a year to a full year to fix EVERY bug *keep the money and item cheats tho lol ;)*

ten years is a little long... i dont wont to wate till im 25 to play it XD *currently 14*

POOP

Whatever floats your goat
Reaction score
TOMORROW.

YES THEY SHOULD WAIT TOMORROW. Hopefully the confusion over this will make it so they are unable to make anything ever! I don't hate Lionhead, I just think it would be funny.

Archmenel

Reaction score
Ten years could go by quite quickly.

If it provided us with something fully encompassing and completely without any bugs or take-aways from what people have come to expect, well, I won't say I'm completely opposed to the idea.

Erika

Reaction score

If it provided us with something fully encompassing and completely without any bugs or take-aways from what people have come to expect, well, I won't say I'm completely opposed to the idea.

agreed *not on the ten year can go quickly part XD*

i think thay should take as long as it takes wather its 3 years or 9

MaleficRaven

Reaction score

Well, I'm glad someone called me out on the ten year thing. Truth be told, ten years would be too long for any game and by that time, newer technology would be out so they would have to start all over again. However, a reasonable amount of time would be anywhere between four and five years. They should also gather a group of unbiased gamers who have played, beaten and done everything possible in all three Fable games to help give them ideas and to improve upon the ideas they might already have. I'm trying my best to see past Fable III but if Lionhead expects me to ever purchase another one of their games again, I need to see some real effort being put forth.

Matt_352

Reaction score
I don't care if I have to wait 4 years + I want Lionhead to get Fable right for once

Rukishou

Ruler of All
Premium
Reaction score
Fable II came out four years after the first game which is a long, excruciating wait and Fable III came out two years after Fable II which frankly might have been a little too soon--although yes, it has been an excruciating wait as well. So to recap, I selfishly want Fable IV in 6-12 months after it has been worked on for about 6-8 years.

Veryl

Reaction score
I don't think they need to take 3+ years... Just use the engine and tools they have now and work with that, you will get a better game that way. Fable 3 looks great just runs poorly and will still look good in 2 years. I think if they build on what they have now it would turn out to be a great game.

Status
Not open for further replies.