• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How long have you played Fable and what keeps you coming back to it?

TheKuehlman

Gamer of Games
Reaction score
Personally, Fable TLC is the best Fable released so far. It's got a storyline that's pretty easy to follow. I'm not saying it's the most well-written, heart-wrenching plot or anything but it's easy to follow and relate to your hero on as well as gives a ton of replayability with the morality choices.

But morality isn't exclusive to Fable TLC. The things that turned me most off about Fable 2 was definitely the ending (I won't spoil anything if you haven't played, but really? Pushing one button?), and the lack of armor. But I understand that the game was supposed to take place in a time period where many didn't really wear armor, as firearms were revolutionizing warfare and whatnot.

I can't even finish Fable 3 due to ridiculous Games for Windows Live problems. It's alright. But for some reason Fable TLC has a beautiful nostalgic, complete, and adoring quality to it that I can't place.

Hell, I've come back after a few years to make a let's play of the game.

So what keeps you coming back?

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
Favorite game I think ever, alittle cliche.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Nostalgia mainly, but it is an easy game to pick up and jump back into once in awhile and there's a lot to love. Also helps that it isn't littered with all the annoyances and shortcomings that plagued Fable 2 & 3. Never bothered to even finish the sequels, probably never will.

Field_Mouse

Reaction score
I just get an itc every once in a while to play through a fable game, tends to be fable 1

TLC-FTW

Wearer of Jack's Mask
Reaction score
I've been a Fable TLC fan since around 10 years ago. Back then I only played it through once, but loved it. Then a couple years later, I was a bit older and a more serious gamer, and could not stop playing it. I now play it once or twice or thrice a year, and I'm really not sure what keeps pulling me back. But I've played it through probably around (roughly) 15 times.

As for it's sequels, I've played Fable 2 a fair amount of times as well, ranging from 4-6 times perhaps. It's fun, but a slight letdown. Fable 3? I played it twice just to do good and evil then I was done with it completely.

Can't wait for the Anniversary though.

K8tz

Damned if I do ...Damned if I don't!!!
Reaction score
Personally, Fable TLC is the best Fable released so far. It's got a storyline that's pretty easy to follow. I'm not saying it's the most well-written, heart-wrenching plot or anything but it's easy to follow and relate to your hero on as well as gives a ton of replayability with the morality choices.

But morality isn't exclusive to Fable TLC. The things that turned me most off about Fable 2 was definitely the ending (I won't spoil anything if you haven't played, but really? Pushing one button?), and the lack of armor. But I understand that the game was supposed to take place in a time period where many didn't really wear armor, as firearms were revolutionizing warfare and whatnot.

I can't even finish Fable 3 due to ridiculous Games for Windows Live problems. It's alright. But for some reason Fable TLC has a beautiful nostalgic, complete, and adoring quality to it that I can't place.

Hell, I've come back after a few years to make a let's play of the game.

So what keeps you coming back?

Thank god normal people..I got 2and 3. Great graphics but falls far off story line didnt take long to start on flc for the 35 the time

I have a sickness I've played over 35 times in 4months and always play two profiles each time ..I need rehab lol fable anniversary I guarantee will rock

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Thank god normal people..I got 2and 3. Great graphics but falls far off story line didnt take long to start on flc for the 35 the time

I have a sickness I've played over 35 times in 4months and always play two profiles each time ..I need rehab lol fable anniversary I guarantee will rock

Thats quite the addiction right there, might have some pills for that somewhere... ;)

K8tz

Damned if I do ...Damned if I don't!!!
Reaction score
Well when u play a different life on each save slot it is lol I get bored

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Well when u play a different life on each save slot it is lol I get bored

Hopefully Legends ends up good & it also keeps people coming back for as long as people have played the originals.

The Annoying Hoverer

I'm the slightly stupid one!!!
Premium
Reaction score
I started playing fable a soon as I moved however long ago that was and since then Iv loved it and when the 3rd one came out I got soo excited I think the storyline is what makes it interesting for me soo thats why I keep going back to it and the fact that you get to dress as a chicken ;D :thumbsup:

rogerw99

Reaction score
Early in 2007 I was bed ridden for 8 weeks with leg muscle group almost torn in half. My wife brought home Fable TLC, Jade Empire & a home version a a hospital table for my laptop to sit on. Those two games were a sanity saver for me. Only thing that took my mind off the pain & situation at the time. Been re-playing both ever since then. And first person shooters in between so that I can shoot people who desperately need it, since you can't do that in real life.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Early in 2007 I was bed ridden for 8 weeks with leg muscle group almost torn in half. My wife brought home Fable TLC, Jade Empire & a home version a a hospital table for my laptop to sit on. Those two games were a sanity saver for me. Only thing that took my mind off the pain & situation at the time. Been re-playing both ever since then. And first person shooters in between so that I can shoot people who desperately need it, since you can't do that in real life.

Jade Empire was free on Origin recently and I picked it up as I missed it first time around. :thumbsup:

Roger

Reaction score
I've been playing Fable since i was 4 now. I remember buying it from someone with my mom i wanted the first diablo game instead but she made me buy fable, i wasn't happy and i didn't enjoy the beginning of the game but it grew on me. I'm 15 years old now and to this day i still play it soo much. I had the original fable for xbox and got tlc for pc later on then the discs broke and i finally bought it on steam. This game is always so nostalgic for me I can play the game with no subtitles and repeat any single line of dialogue. The graphics are so appealing even on default settings. I remember modding it when i bought the fable tlc discs for my old old pc, i had lots of trouble with modding and it eventually got better. Then i stopped because FE was just being stupid, and now to this day i found the fable tlc tools and i mod every few days. So much fun. Best game of all time!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I've been playing Fable since i was 4 now. I remember buying it from someone with my mom i wanted the first diablo game instead but she made me buy fable, i wasn't happy and i didn't enjoy the beginning of the game but it grew on me. I'm 15 years old now and to this day i still play it soo much. I had the original fable for xbox and got tlc for pc later on then the discs broke and i finally bought it on steam. This game is always so nostalgic for me I can play the game with no subtitles and repeat any single line of dialogue. The graphics are so appealing even on default settings. I remember modding it when i bought the fable tlc discs for my old old pc, i had lots of trouble with modding and it eventually got better. Then i stopped because FE was just being stupid, and now to this day i found the fable tlc tools and i mod every few days. So much fun. Best game of all time!

Good to get into modding young & work with as many tools as you can to get some experience.

Roger

Reaction score
Good to get into modding young & work with as many tools as you can to get some experience.

Yeah, I picked up modding pretty fast at that age through Fable Explorer. Just one day got a problem where my changes wouldn't work when i booted Fable. I probably wasn't using save changes and run fable or something lol

LuckyLuk

Reaction score
I've played Fable first time when I was 10, two years ago I've seen Fable TLC on Steam and thought: "I need to buy this game once again". Just beat it second time yesterday and man, it was such trip down the memory lane. You gotta love this game! Never played Fable 2 because I havd never owned the xbox. Fable 3 was alright to me. Nothing special tho, but playable.

Reactions: lee

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
I brought Fable on release day and instantly fell in love with Albion. I had followed it when it was originally call Project Ego and liked the idea of spending a day questing and then coming home to your family and pub :cool:

TheRimReaper

Reaction score
For me... it's the nostalgia more than anything. Just reminiscing all them years ago to simpler times, where you had all the time in the world and no worries. I'd love to relive them very moments, but I can't do it just like that. Setting up Fable 2 still helps me to try and relive those moments I love.

VinDiesel

Living Necromonger
Reaction score
Like others I want to say nostalgia. TLC could be better sure but all games could be better. It's a linear action rpg where you can be a jerk, like Mass Effect or The Bard's Tale. My motivation to play it through over and over isn't a compelling story or stunning graphics or groundbreaking game mechanics because it just doesn't have those things. There's just nothing else out there that has what TLC has.