• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I can't find my wife!

Status
Not open for further replies.

WUTBM

Reaction score
So I've just finished the main quest completely, and am doing side quests now. I want to visit my wife and child (I need the child for the Brightwall Demon Door!) but I can't seem to find them. They're not wandering around Bowerstone (where our marital home is located) not in the house, and not in Bowerstone castle (my wife is a servant there.) Any ideas where they could be, or is it just a glitch?

EDIT: Also, whilst I'm 'here', is there any particular place I'm most likely to get the Dragonstomper?

Faedil

Reaction score
hmmm, maybe if you use the map to move your family into a differnent home you might be able to find them? if you need your child for the Brightwall demon door anyway try moving your family into a house there. see if that solves the problem, and as a bonus your kid will be close to the demon door. you can always move them back to the castle later.

David Dutton

Reaction score
Yep, I've had that bug too.. I can confirm moving the family fixes it.. Just move them to another house in the same zone.. if that fails.. try in another area/city.. that usually works 99% of the time. Then hover right over their house and hit X, and the game should take you pretty close to the house.. and they should either be in the house OR very close to it.

if you have the DLC for the hunter's lodge, that's the BEST place to put a family.. it's a sub zone that they can not leave or wander out of... it's also a good place to put a family that you can find because it's a small zone :)

WUTBM

Reaction score
Thanks for all the help guys, however I moved them to House of Slats in Brightwall using the map in the sanctuary, and they're still not there, even at night time. I haven't seen them since the final quest, so is it possible they've been killed since The Darkness swept through Albion, and it's just a glitch that the game isn't telling me?

WUTBM

Reaction score
I couldn't find her, so I remarried.
HOWEVER, I can't divorce her either (can't do it in person, as I can't find her.) I've gone to our shared house on the map, clicked on it, pressed divorce, pressed A to accept, and the menu fades away like normal, however nothing happens. So for the moment, I've just stuck her in a house in Mourningwood with 0 allowance :p
Also, some help with the Brightwall Demon Door needed: I brought my child there, and nothing happened, but the Door said something like: "have you a wife or something?" So I took my wife there, did some good expressions, silly expressions etc. and still nothing.
Some help, please?

EDIT: the door just said: "Your wife. She is beautiful. But her beauty can't hide the pain that she bears."

EDIT 2: The child I took is an adopted orphan. Will this make a difference?

David Dutton

Reaction score
Any child u have works... Natural or adopted, but they must be at max happy or love

WUTBM

Reaction score
My real kid grew up, I went there with him and it worked.
Thanks for all your help guys.

Pepsiplz

Reaction score
im having the same divorce problem. wife and kids are gone so screw them! yet they must have a good lawyer cuz divorce doesnt work haha

Status
Not open for further replies.