• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I did it! Holy-- HaHAHAHAHA! (Rescue the Archaeologist Quest)

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I have scoured the internet for evidence of anyone even CLAIMING to have completed all the boasts for 'Rescue the Archaeologist.' As far as I know, most people consider it to be impossible. WELL. I DID IT.

As some of you may know, I've been working on completing every single boast in Fable:TLC. I'm also writing a guide for it (the guide posted in these forums is still something of a rough draft and I'm currently revising it while adding more walkthroughs as I complete the quests.)
I just beat the Rescue the Archaeologist quest and I'm so happy I had to tell someone. My roommate doesn't care. Maybe you will. Fist Fighter, No Protection, Without a Scratch. I managed them all. Against overwhelming odds. How did I do it? You'll have to wait till I finish writing the guide to find out in detail, but let me assure you that it IS possible and although there is small amount of luck involved... there is a method and a strategy for each area you must pass through during the quest. Long story short, it has to do with saving and recruiting all of the guards you see along the way as followers (you must defeat the Minion they are fighting in order to recruit them.) Eventually you will have a total of five guards (in addition to the two mercenaries you should have brought with you.)
Seven ally NPC's fighting against the 5 minute time limit at the end of the quest while I healed them and desperately dodged attacks.

I am so pleased with myself I think I will go dance now. A victory dance! EAT IT MINIONS.

DarkONI

The Shadow Modder
Premium
Reaction score
So you've punched them all in the face, without getting hit and also you saved the Archeologist's ass. Bravo.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Well done squire.

Gheb

I ONCE ATE A WHOLE CACTUS
Reaction score
Congrats, bra

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
I appreciate the words of praise. You guys are gentlemen and scholars. Good dudes all around. Unfortunately I'm now hung up on the Bandit Spy Extraction quest. I have a sneaking suspicion that the 'Guard Massacre' boast is glitched and can't be completed. At least on my game. I've been doing some test run-throughs and even though I double check every corner of the maps to be certain I've killed all the guards, I always seem to fail that boast. The game notifies me when I've killed all the traders, but never the guards.

It is very puzzling. Guard Massacre is not an especially difficult boast to do on its own. Have any of you ever done it?

EDIT: Nevermind. I've solved the problem. It turns out that I, the player, must be the one to kill all the guards. Mercenaries (or bandits) are not allowed to finish ANY guard off. They can damage them but not kill them. Otherwise it doesn't count and I won't complete the boast.

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
Wow that is amazing commitment to complete Fable doing that many boasts. Really impressive stuff Brymaster.

Brymaster

Reaction score
Edit: removed and my apologies

Last edited:
Reactions: lee