• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I-Doser - Doing Drugs Through Sound

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
the title doesn't lie. there's company out there going by the name "I-Doser" who specialize in marketing sound files designed to give you a certain feeling. it can make you feel a certain emotion, or simulate a certain drug. when i heard about it, i had to try it. as i type this, i'm sampling one of their "cocaine" tracks. the company assures all its users that there are no negative side effects, no interference with currently prescribed drugs, and it has been reported (according to their FAQ page) as having been used by addicts to help with withdrawal.

i did some brief research on wikipedia and it seems to be based on a phenominon which happens when two frequencies that vary in the slightest amount are played into each ear, and the effects on the brain that can occur. I-Doser seems to do just that, as it merely affects your brain activity without introducing any foreign chemicals.

i've only sampled one, which i'm in the middle of at the moment (cocaine). it sounds like lots of static and there's a soft humming sound in the background. the humming and static interchange pitches and volume every so often and there's a click every so often as if someone had taken the needle off of a record player. is it working? well, it's hard to say. i've never done cocaine, and my guess on how it would feel is just as good as anyone who knows a bit about the drug but never actually done it. it feels very faint at first, but right now i'm feeling much more focused than when i began, and even slight euphoria. i don't know how effective the track would be to a seasoned user, but from reading the FAQ page i'd wager that there's a chance it might bring a familiar feeling.

oh yeah, and this program isn't free. but i'm heavily considering buying a track or two for my ipod.
awesomesauce.

EDIT: note, you have to use headphones to try it. the whole thing is dependent on having two different sounds isolated to each ear. interference noises and/or distractions will make it work less effectively too. the FAQ recommends laying down in a dim lit room and listening to it by yourself - or another equally serene environment.

I-Doser FAQ Page said:
1. What is I-Doser?
I-Doser Labs is the leading producer of Binaural Brainwave CDs and computer applications. Using proven, scientific, and safe methods of synchronizing your brainwaves; a simulated state can be achieved through the use of our advanced audio CDs, or the I-Doser Application, and a pair of high quality stereo headphones. Our Binaural process has been refined with years of research and development. With thousands of satisfied users, the I-Doser Labs CDs, MP3s, and the I-Doser Application for PCs continue to lead the industry as the only safe and effective method to achieve a simulated mood or experience.

Recreational Simulation CDs and MP3 are collections of binaural doses on standard audio CDs or MP3s. Each audio track contains our advanced binaural beats that will synchronize your brainwaves to the same state as the recreational dose. Mixed with our advanced auditory pulses are soothing backtracks of ambient soundscapes to help the brain induce of state of mood lift, euphoria, sedation, and hallucination. I-Doser CDs and MP3s are also perfect for using with iPods, other MP3 players, or through a regular CD player.

I-Doser for the PC is the most advanced computer application available to achieve a simulated mood or experience through the use of binaural beats. Use I-Doser to play doses purchased through the I-Doser Store. Each dose is scientifically designed to give you the optimal measure of pure beats safely and effectively to induce state. Every download of the I-Doser application includes two free doses.

Go to top
2. Does I-Doser really work?
All I-Doser doses are tested by a panel of users who consider themselves experienced in binaural beat modification. A dose is not passed on to the I-Doser Store until it is proven working by a good majority of the tester staff. We find that users of I-Doser fall into one of 3 categories: Susceptible to Binaural Beats, Originally Unsusceptible to Binuaral Beats, and Immune to Binaural Beats. This is why we include several free doses with the application, so you can see for yourself if the process works for you. Some users have also reported that it may take several uses over a period of time before they see results. We can only tell you to try for yourself. Some other things that could effect your dose are: not taking your dose in a quiet serene environment, damaged or poor quality headphones, or the volume you are playing the dose at. These issues will be addressed elsewhere in the FAQ. Before purchasing Recreational Simulation CDs or MP3s, we advice you try the I-Doser Application and Free Doses to see if I-Doser works for you.

Go to top
3. Is I-Doser safe?
Absolutely! I-Doser has been tested on many people of many different age ranges and there has never been an issue with the safety of the I-Doser doses. However, for doses marked "strong or long program doses, it is highly advisable you do not operate heavy machinery or drive under the influence of a strong I-Doser dose. Use it with the same respects you would a doctor prescribed or recreational drug.

Go to top
4. How does administrating a dose work?
With a Recreational Simulation CD, it's easy. Pick a track and listen to the entire program throgh a pair of high quality headphones. Recreational MP3s can be used with iPod or other MP3 players. With the I-Doser Application, a dose is purchased through the I-Doser store and can be downloaded after payment approval. The dose is opened through the I-Doser application and played as binaural beats through high quality headphones to achieve the mood specified by the dose description. You are licensed to use each dose as many times as you want on one computer if you have I-Doser v4.5 installed.

Go to top
5. Can I use an I-Doser dose to replace doctor prescribed medication?
Absolutely NOT! I-Doser and the purchased doses are intended for entertainment purposes only. While we fully stand behind the fact that the process works, it is NOT intended to replace doctor prescribed medication.

Go to top
6. Can I use an I-Doser dose to replace a recreational drug?
Yes (and no.) We have received many emails from users who have used I-Doser doses to help them kick the habit of recreational drugs. I-Doser makes no claims to the effectiveness of using I-Doser doses to help treat a drug addiction, and we highly recommend professional help for people wishing to break a harmful drug habit. But, if I-Doser helps in conjunction with professional help, we are always happy to hear of such results.

http://www.i-doser.com/

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
So.... they sell music?

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
So.... they sell music?
i wouldn't call it music, really... the only thing it has in common with music is being a sound file. it's more like a noise that you listen to for 10-30 minutes, then when it's over the effect will wear off after a while. how long that takes varies from person to person and "dose" to "dose", apparently.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
oh yeah, and this program isn't free. but i'm heavily considering buying a track or two for my ipod.
awesomesauce.
What's the point in that? The whole idea of this is binaural beats, which are useless if done on a device that mainly only supports lossy formats.

Also yeah I've known about I-Doser for a while. Tried it once, did absolutely nothing despite me actually thinking it would. It's nothing more than a placebo effect. The day sounds can change the way your brain function is the day cars fly, especially using a technique as simple as binaural beats.

I'd like to see some scientific evidence behind this apart from people riding a placebo effect and going 'omg it really works'.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
What's the point in that? The whole idea of this is binaural beats, which are useless if done on a device that mainly only supports lossy formats.
i really don't know enough about binaural beats or the fine details of mp3 players in general to refute or agree. i just figured that if they were willing to sell it in ipod format, 99 cents or whatever would be an alright price to pay for a sample.

Also yeah I've known about I-Doser for a while. Tried it once, did absolutely nothing despite me actually thinking it would. It's nothing more than a placebo effect. The day sounds can change the way your brain function is the day cars fly, especially using a technique as simple as binaural beats.

if i hadn't been sitting here trying it myself, i would have probably agreed with you. i'm sure the placebo effect plays a role, but usually that requires a certain amount of anticipation for an effect. my friend had tried it and said it worked, so i just turned it on as background noise and did some homework. point being: it would be a placebo effect if i'd been sitting there the whole time going "OMG IM FEELING IT NOW I'M FEELING IT NOW", but i just did homework like usual and after about 5-10 minutes i noticed some euphoria.

i can tell you right now that in my case at least it wasn't just me sitting there listening to it and getting overexcited because i'd convinced myself that this is what being on drugs feels like - there was a definite difference. there probably was an element of placebo, but that wasn't the entire effect. don't get me wrong, i'm sure there's an element of placebo in it for everyone who does try it so there are bound to be some idiots out there who are just convincing themselves that it's better than it actually is.

saying it's pure placebo effect for everybody, that i disagree with.

if you don't mind my asking, which one did you sample, and what environment/activities were you partaking in when you tried it?

I'd like to see some scientific evidence behind this apart from people riding a placebo effect and going 'omg it really works'.
also, i'm sure 99% of the science claims are garbage. i've only tried Upper-tracks so far, but i haven't noticed any difference in feeling, only sound. i'm pretty sure that crystal meth is not supposed be the same experience as coke.

there's a disclaimer on their FAQ page that it doesn't affect everybody, sounds like someone is trying to compensate for something :shifty:

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Them saying 'it doesn't work for everybody' is just them making excuses. Scientific proof or I'm not buying it (in both meanings of the term).

if you don't mind my asking, which one did you sample, and what environment/activities were you partaking in when you tried it?

I sampled marijuana, orgasm and one other I can't remember. None of them did anything. I was in my bedroom laying on my bed playing directly from the software with my headphones (these ones) with a blindfold on and my curtains drawn. I layed back, closed my eyes with the blindfold on and played it relatively loud.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Them saying 'it doesn't work for everybody' is just them making excuses. Scientific proof or I'm not buying it (in both meanings of the term).
but...that's...what i was implying....?

I sampled marijuana, orgasm and one other I can't remember. None of them did anything. I was in my bedroom laying on my bed playing directly from the software with my headphones (these ones) with a blindfold on and my curtains drawn. I layed back, closed my eyes with the blindfold on and played it relatively loud.
i can't argue with that :lol:

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
Yes, that was me agreeing with you. Sorry for not making that clear.

8ffc9a94-74c4-47d0-b6fe-fcb2a7b3e0df.jpg

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
The day sounds can change the way your brain function is the day cars fly, especially using a technique as simple as binaural beats.

2015, I saw it in some documentary called Back To The Future.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
A friend of mine was experimenting with I-Doser a few years ago. He said some of them worked and some didn't. When he told me and FableFreak about it, the two of us decided to try one of the tracks. I can't remember which one we tried, but FF said he felt it a little bit, but I got nothing. I simply wasn't interested in it enough to try it any more than that.

Apparently, there's one called gates of Hades that makes you really scared. My friend that was experimenting with this stuff tried it, and he said it worked better than any track he'd done. He said as he laid there listening to it, he was absolutely f*cking terrified that someone was going to come into his room and stab him. He couldn't even get through half of it. To me, it seems like an effect that strong couldn't possibly just be a placebo effect.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Something I'd like to add:

Sounds is an incredibly powerful tool to me. Some sounds can completely altar my state of consciousness. But if these sounds, that are specifically designed to altar my state of consciousness, don't do **** to me, then I doubt their potency.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
This made me want to take a hit of salvia.

Just kidding, kids, don't do any drugs, just weed and pain meds by the handful.

Tyloric

Reaction score
I tried a few.

I felt nothing.

Orgasm was 100% disappointing.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and say that the placebo effect definitely is a factor. I went to listen to that Orgasm one, but the whole time I was all like "Yeah, this is going to give me such a raging boner", and sure enough, it did. Hmmm...

Maybe I should go and try that cocaine one out :lol:

Tyloric

Reaction score
I'm going to go ahead and say that the placebo effect definitely is a factor. I went to listen to that Orgasm one, but the whole time I was all like "Yeah, this is going to give me such a raging boner", and sure enough, it did. Hmmm...

The real question is: did you finish? DID IT LIVE UP TO ITS NAME!?

I just don't get the appeal, really. If I wanted to orgasm I'd jack off. Why would I listen to some strange audio file? :|

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
these replies are really making me start to wonder if i didn't just convince myself. :lol:
if i get enough self-doubt, i may have to try it again and post results

Reaction score
The only way to know is to get someone else to listen to the files without informing them what they are supposed to make them feel.