• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I should go pro!"

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Okay, ignore the title. I have never once thought this of myself. Unless you can go pro in Animal Crossing. Then... maybe? :lol:

What I wanna know is if anyone has ever played a game and thought "Wow. I'm really good at this. Like, really good!"

I play a few FPS games but I really don't think I'm good. Decent? Maybe. Everytime I get a kill in Apex Legends I feel like I just won a gold medal.

queenofdisco

Premium
Reaction score
Back in the day I could breeze through gears of war 1 & 2 on insane mode. I was a beast online for that trilogy. The thought did go through my head as I was curb stomping skulls, chainsawing people in half, and skewering them with my bayonet many times.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I was half decent at some of the old school Call of Duty games and Battlefield titles.

Won a local competition in original CoD and got decent amount of cash for it.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
@Dark Drakan I didn't know you won a CoD tournament, mate. Nice one!

@Rumford Kudos! The old Gears games were brutal online. I was never able to get the knack of the Gnasher. The campaigns kicked my butt a bunch of times, too, but I think my wife and I were able to work our way through once or twice on Insane on both games.

@queenofdisco What's your K/D ratio in Animal Crossing? :steve:

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
@Dark Drakan I didn't know you won a CoD tournament, mate. Nice one!

Yeah was some years ago now, was a place in Birmingham called the Omega Sektor and they used to hold tournaments there. It didnt last very long though unfortunately and was closed years ago

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I've been playing in the official Pokemon video game tournament circuit since 2014. I've won a couple of local tournaments and had some strong performances at big ones as well. And with the circuit oh hiatus this year, the world championships was converted to an online tournament. I didn't get to move on to the international portion of the tournament, but I made top 64 in North America.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Very nice, @Necromancer I used to play the old Pokemon games on the original GameBoy and GameBoy Colour, and a little on the N64's Pokemon Stadium. Crazy to think how far the series has come. Are any of the original 151 still viable for tournament play?

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Very nice, @Necromancer I used to play the old Pokemon games on the original GameBoy and GameBoy Colour, and a little on the N64's Pokemon Stadium. Crazy to think how far the series has come. Are any of the original 151 still viable for tournament play?
Oh absolutely. The game tends to stay decently balanced across all generations of Pokemon, though sometimes it can skew a little bit in favor of newer Pokemon. Sometimes older Pokemon get direct buffs that keep them relevant and powerful (or even sometimes catapult them to the top of the usage stats), but buffs to old Pokemon also often come in the form of shifts in the metagame. Sometimes there are new threats that are weak to a few older Pokemon. Sometimes when the format changes, if a powerful Pokemon doesn't return, other Pokemon that fill the same role as it on a team suddenly change from being suboptimal and obscure to useful and popular. As new games/DLC are released, and as new Pokemon are introduced, even small tweaks in the game mechanics, the roster of available Pokemon, and the stats/abilities of older Pokemon can have very significant and lasting effects on the metagame.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Okay, ignore the title. I have never once thought this of myself. Unless you can go pro in Animal Crossing. Then... maybe? :lol:

What I wanna know is if anyone has ever played a game and thought "Wow. I'm really good at this. Like, really good!"

I play a few FPS games but I really don't think I'm good. Decent? Maybe. Everytime I get a kill in Apex Legends I feel like I just won a gold medal.
I'm a legend at Viva Pinata.

And back in the day, I totally ruled at Ridge Racer to the point where I could play with my eyes actually closed, never crash and still come first every time.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
And back in the day, I totally ruled at Ridge Racer to the point where I could play with my eyes actually closed, never crash and still come first every time.

That some Jedi level sh*t wtf lol

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Bored in the house and I'm in the house bored, more like it :lol: