• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

I'd make a really bad drunk...

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Seriously, people, I don't get this. I never drank before last night (and even then I drank very little) but every form of alcohol I drank tasted like ****.

And the fact that I drank just enough that my head started spinning... I don't get it. That doesn't feel good, after all.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It is most definitely an acquired taste. Alcohol (as in the substance, not alcoholic drinks in general) does taste like crap which takes a while to "phase out". When I first started drinking I too was amazed at how people found it enjoyable, but now I rarely taste that "alcoholic taste" and can enjoy the subtle flavour of the beverage itself.

Still can't stand high-alcoholic beverages though, because that horrible taste of alcohol just overpowers everything else.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Aww, our little Walker is growing up.

But yeah, pretty much why I stopped drinking.

I will admit that getting smashed with close friends who are also getting smashed is not a terrible way to spend a night. You can be loud and stupid, and the beauty of it is that neither you nor anyone else who's drunk knows how loud and stupid you're being.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
As my dad is an alcoholic, and a stupid one at that, and alcoholism runs in my family, I plan never to touch booze beyond what I have already.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Mmm, only drank beer on certain occasions, otherwise I don't like it much either. Water, juice, and milk for me.

Oh boy, I can hear Drakan already.. "What is this I don't even"

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
I have never drank (drunk?) and don't intend to. :O

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Seriously, people, I don't get this. I never drank before last night (and even then I drank very little) but every form of alcohol I drank tasted like s***.

And the fact that I drank just enough that my head started spinning... I don't get it. That doesn't feel good, after all.

That's why God created Coca-Cola.

Anywa, after some years of not touching any alcohol at all, I occasionally do get drunk again with some friends. But only because it gets incredibly boring being the only sober person in a party. So sometimes I allow myself the "convenience".

Generally I'm not much into it either.

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
I've heard that most people fit into two categories: sloppy drunks and violent drunks.

Is this true?

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
There are clingy "I love you, man!"-drunks too.

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Well I am "talk more than usual" drunk. Won't be handing out any more manlovin' than usual I can say that.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
and can enjoy the subtle flavour of the beverage itself.

I'm assuming that doesn't refer to any kind of beer.

Aww, our little Walker is growing up.

But yeah, pretty much why I stopped drinking.

I will admit that getting smashed with close friends who are also getting smashed is not a terrible way to spend a night. You can be loud and stupid, and the beauty of it is that neither you nor anyone else who's drunk knows how loud and stupid you're being.

I ain't gonna dignify that with a reply... (Also, maybe, but I wasn't with my friends... I was with my brother's girlfriend's friends.)

I've heard that most people fit into two categories: sloppy drunks and violent drunks.

Is this true?

I seem to be a "can't drink enough to get drunk" drunk. Thankfully. I wasn't drinking anything really alcoholic, and it tasted bad enough that I didn't drink that much of it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What I love about drinking is that you can go to the bathroom and come out with a new best friend.

I'm a truthful drunk. That's the main reason I try not to get completely sloshed anymore. I've heard the words "Oops, the cat's outta the bag now." waaay too many times.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I have never drank any alcohol. Ever. And I don't intend to. No, I'm not being defensive, hating on it, I just don't think it's for me. It's not in my interest. Also, I don't even drink a lot of bubbly stuff, because, well, I don't like the bubblies. It's MILK all the way, man!
Mmm, only drank beer on certain occasions, otherwise I don't like it much either. Water, juice, and milk for me.

Oh boy, I can hear Drakan already.. "What is this I don't even"
[Queue high five]

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
What I love about drinking is that you can go to the bathroom and come out with a new best friend.

I'm a truthful drunk. That's the main reason I try not to get completely sloshed anymore. I've heard the words "Oops, the cat's outta the bag now." waaay too many times.

I'm a little unnerved by that. My dad does that even sober.

I have never drank any alcohol. Ever. And I don't intend to. No, I'm not being defensive, hating on it, I just don't think it's for me. It's not in my interest. Also, I don't even drink a lot of bubbly stuff, because, well, I don't like the bubblies. It's MILK all the way, man!

Are you legal wherever you live? Because, I mean, I never really intend to drink, but it was kinda one of those "I turned 21, I'm legal now, I have to drink some." Plus, my brother and his girlfriend wouldn't let me skip it.

[Queue high five]

Cue. CUE high five. Queue is something else.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
I'm a little unnerved by that. My dad does that even sober.

Are you legal wherever you live? Because, I mean, I never really intend to drink, but it was kinda one of those "I turned 21, I'm legal now, I have to drink some." Plus, my brother and his girlfriend wouldn't let me skip it.

Cue. CUE high five. Queue is something else.
But queue read funnier... =(
Alright, have it YOUR way! >=( Even though it's the (more boring) quorrect one.
But yeah, where I live you can get beer at 16 and the rest at 18. I'm not sure why, though... But it seems they're making progres towards the 21. Although, the motorcycle/car-driving thing as the other way around, compared to some countries.
Aaaanyway, yeah, I can drink anything I want. But I have never felt like it. Not even to 'have done it' because noe I can. I just don't see why. It's entirely not my thing

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I don't like the taste of alcohol either, but I love getting drunk at a party or when I'm out with some friends.

I have never drank (drunk?) and don't intend to. :O

Technically, it's drunk. It sounds weird though, doesn't it?

That's sort of what I am, but I'd just describe myself as a happy drunk. I don't go around to my friends saying "dude, I love you!" very often, but I'm just in a good mood and I'm really nice to everyone when I'm drunk. A friend of mine told me that I'm "a little bundle of joy" when I drink.

But yeah, where I live you can get beer at 16 and the rest at 18.

You live in The Netherlands, right? I have a friend who was born there, and he was just there recently for about three weeks. He said that he had at least one beer with nearly every meal, and he drank even more late at night with his cousins (his cousins live there). Now that he's back, he just won't stop talking about beer, but it's hard for him to get it here since he's 18.

But it seems they're making progres towards the 21.

I wouldn't call that progress.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
I'm assuming that doesn't refer to any kind of beer.

I didn't mind beer, but I had to be in the right mood for it.

I ain't gonna dignify that with a reply... (Also, maybe, but I wasn't with my friends... I was with my brother's girlfriend's friends.)

There's nothing* better than drunkenly singing bogan songs with your mates, and telling them how much you love them, even when you've just met them

I seem to be a "can't drink enough to get drunk" drunk. Thankfully. I wasn't drinking anything really alcoholic, and it tasted bad enough that I didn't drink that much of it.

You don't get reaaally drunk on your first go. Once you start building up a tolerance to it, you can start going further without feeling sick.

There's plenty of alcoholic drinks you can get that just taste like soft drinks and still get you there. I quite liked Vodka Cruisers for a few months there.

*Ok, there's lots of things, but that can be pretty fun.