• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If you could choose...

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
At the moment of your death, you are given the choice of go into any afterlife of the religion of your choice. Personally I have a few top choices:

Muslim Heaven
77 virgins sounds interesting to say the least. If they are female virgins I win for obvious reasons. If they are male virgins (nerds, trekkies and dungeons and dragons players) I win as well because they sound like a fun bunch of guys to spend eternity with!

Valhalla
Battle all day, party and doink wenches all night. Rinse and repeat. My inner, primal savage is really jumping up and down in excitement over the concept.

Reincarnation
Á la Buddhism/Hinduism. While technically not an afterlife (as those religions don't have one, in the traditional sense) the idea of living countless lives as both other people and species sounds like a nice change of pace from spending eternity the same constant, never-changing afterlife of other religions.

How about you?

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Hmmm...
Definitely not Sumerian afterlife that's for sure.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I like doinking wenches.

Cain

Reaction score
I'd chose a big black void. I don't want much from the afterlife, primarily because I feel I don't deserve it, but at least having the ability to think and feel after death would give me a lot of comfort, because being an Atheist, the idea that there will be nothing after death scares me. Even a void would be better than nothing for me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
I'd chose a big black void. I don't want much from the afterlife, primarily because I feel I don't deserve it, but at least having the ability to think and feel after death would give me a lot of comfort, because being an Atheist, the idea that there will be nothing after death scares me. Even a void would be better than nothing for me.

No-no-no-no. You're forced to pick one in this scenario.

Even a void would be better than nothing for me.

Isn't a void the very definition of nothing?

Cain

Reaction score

Isn't a void the very definition of nothing?

I may have used the wrong words. I don't want anything but the ability to think and feel after my death. Nothing more. If I'm forced to choose, I suppose I would chose enlightenment, from buddhism. Nothing but inner peace, which sounds perfect to me.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Ah Nirvana.

Good choice, good choice.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Valhalla for me.

Reincarnation would suck the biggest.
It depends on how you lived your past life so: Rich bachelor who drinks, parties and has sex non stop till you die of an over dose of quaaludes. = you being reincarnated as a sloth, who eats leafs and only comes down from his tree to poop and possibly get killed by another, more awesome animal.

If you lived a happy, good, prosperous, solemn and other wise boring-ass life, youre rewarded by becoming a normal ghost by any other means.

In conclusion:
Killing, sexing and drinking with mah buddies for evermore sounds the best. Imagine dieing of alcohol poisoning even before the daily war began. Bitchin'

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I think any form of conscious after-life would be great. But if I had to choose I'd wish for a heaven, a paradise, to live forever in eternal content.

Or be reincarnated as a superhero.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Add a poll

But the ones I listed are just my top choices, not the only ones you can pick from.

Anyhow, I thought of another one:

Egyptian afterlife
I don't know much about the afterlife in ancient Egyptian mythos, but I do know what would happen to my earthly remains; I'd get a bigass pyramid and become a mummy, essentially being a monument to my own existence for thousands of years!

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
But the ones I listed are just my top choices, not the only ones you can pick from

lol wut?

The i would make up my own religion...
Where i have sex and drink all day... and fight the occasional person.

and play video games

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Existing religions.

ScareCrowReturn

The Token Schizo
Premium
Reaction score
Reincarnated, it'd be awesome, because for someone to choose reincarnation, they would be a reasonable good person, right? becase they're not afraid or worried about their next life if they have been good in ther previous one..

I'd be super interesting, it'd be like playing the slot machine when you die.

Yay!

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Existing religions.
As in, established? Because otherwise we can make them up right now and they'd exist, right?

Well, in the spirit of the thread (even though I know where I'm going already) I'd go for...Raelism because it's barking mad and I can have a clone, apparently, to transfer my mind to so when this body dies, I carry on living.

Tsuyu

Town Guard
Reaction score
Lets say... if it has a page on Wikipedia, it counts as an established religion.

So no Sharonism!

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Well now hang on a minute, doesn't reincarnation rely on Earth's very existence to work? So what happens if the Earth just blows up one day, does your soul just float around for the rest of eternity or something?

Valhalla & Muslim heaven sound grand to me, but I'll go with Valhalla. I'll likely grow cranky if I have to get stuck around 70+ people for eternity, virgins or not.

Reaction score
Muslim heaven I suppose, not so much for the 77 virgins (a nice bonus though) but for the simple promise of a secure, safe, perfect kingdom of eternal bliss. I'd have so many questions to ask.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Yea I'd probably go to Valhalla. Although, come to think of it, I'm wondering where all of my loved ones go after their death. Can they just come to Valhalla with me, or what?

Also, not that it makes a huge difference, but you get 72 virgins in the Muslim afterlife, not 77.