• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Information: Pre-Order Weapons (Cost, Scarcity and Demand)

Evan

Maestro
Reaction score
Why is everyone trading their codes? Are the weapons not trade-able?

Theomnipotentsco

Reaction score
Why is everyone trading their codes? Are the weapons not trade-able?

Nope, they are exclusively downloaded to your console. They're like the Hero weapons in the fact that they cannot be traded. Now, I'm not quite sure what people see when you join Co-Op with these though.

Klaridon

Reaction score
Okay, ladies and gents, I see lots of people around here being very, very uninformed as to how they're playing the exchange game. I feel like it's my duty to clear it up for you.

To put it simply: The codes are not worth equal "value" due to scarcity of supply (due to the place the pre-order weapons are gained from being more expensive than another place) and demand (how cool / useful the item is).

Roughly, the codes go like so in terms of rarity:-
Champion's Hammer (bought from Amazon.com and .co.uk) < Inquisitor's Sword (bought from Gamestop) < Absolver (bought from Game) < Channeler's Sword (bought from Australian shop or something and a BestBuy)

In terms of price, the Champion's Hammers are on the lowest rung, with Absolvers coming a close second (despite their rarity, no one seems to want them or their tattoos :p). The Inquisitor Swords are only marginally better off than the Champion's Hammers. Standing above ALL of them are the Channeler's Swords / Tats, those things are expensive.

At the moment, prices are relatively high. The market will get flooded with sellers (and buyers, to be fair, but not as many) when the game gets released in the various countries. This will crash the price down to a very minimal one.

Over time, as the scarcity of the codes gets higher (within about three to six months) the codes are going to start running out and demand will greatly outstrip supply. I estimate the prices will return to just above current values (to about $15-$20 for Inquisitors within three months time limit, probably about $100 for Channeler Swords) depending on whether or not Fable 3 is worth long-time playing.

Now, mind that this is just speculation. IF the game isn't very long-lived, it's highly unlikely you'll get any money out of it post-collapse since no one will be playing it and therefore not want them. It's a matter of whether or not you want to hedge your bets.

Try to keep all this in mind whilst offering trades for your items. Some of your items (The Channeler Swords, notably) are worth far more than the rest especially in relative value. Don't trade them for a much more common item, try to get at least two or three before you get one.

On that note, I'm willing to buy any non-Channeler Swords. ;D

Hope this was helpful, guys.

TL;DR: NO ONE WANTS YOUR DAMN HAMMER FOR THEIR CHANNELER SWORD. OKAY?! (Some may, but they're so rare you're stupid for trying.)

EDIT: Oh, Shardborne Swords have the lowest cost on this list, since the supply (the publisher printing more books) far outstrips any possible demand (since those people can just buy a book, instead).

EDIT2: If the Australian Channeler codes are able to be used in the US, you can grab them for cheap (EXTREMELY cheap, since they're the only pre-order bonus weapons in Aus) from there. This might effect the prices slightly, but not enough to considerably change the philosophy.
I agree with this entirely, except with the channeler and absolver places, and you're also wrong, I'm in aus and I could have gotten the inquisitor or the channeler I got both, Inquisitor is from EB-games, The Channeler is from JB hi-fi, And as to your thinking the channeler is the most rare best one ever, then why is everyone on the official preorder weapons trading, trying to trade their channeler/inquisitor for an absolver hammer? Channelers were the best, now everyone wants the absolver.

Klaridon

Reaction score
Nope, they are exclusively downloaded to your console. They're like the Hero weapons in the fact that they cannot be traded. Now, I'm not quite sure what people see when you join Co-Op with these though.
If you join co-op people see the weapon normally, you just can't gift it to them.

Theomnipotentsco

Reaction score
I agree with this entirely, except with the channeler and absolver places, and you're also wrong, I'm in aus and I could have gotten the inquisitor or the channeler I got both, Inquisitor is from EB-games, The Channeler is from JB hi-fi, And as to your thinking the channeler is the most rare best one ever, then why is everyone on the official preorder weapons trading, trying to trade their channeler/inquisitor for an absolver hammer? Channelers were the best, now everyone wants the absolver.

To be fair, that post was made before the US game even hit the streets. It was speculation based on the fact that the Best Buy Pre order of The Channeler was announced so late that most people who would be interested in having a pre-order would have already had one. It also was made with the assumption that each person pre-ordering would only get one. However, with the Channeler at least I saw cashiers giving stacks of them away to people who just walked in off the street and bought a copy, no pre-order required. So the market got flooded with Channelers.

Klaridon

Reaction score
To be fair, that post was made before the US game even hit the streets. It was speculation based on the fact that the Best Buy Pre order of The Channeler was announced so late that most people who would be interested in having a pre-order would have already had one. It also was made with the assumption that each person pre-ordering would only get one. However, with the Channeler at least I saw cashiers giving stacks of them away to people who just walked in off the street and bought a copy, no pre-order required. So the market got flooded with Channelers.
I know the post was made before US release, but he did edit it. twice.

Xenolithium

Reaction score
I have my Champion hammer fully maxed. Level 5 Melee, all 3 upgrades. I one shot everything in front of me. xD

brad

Reaction score
I will trade the channeler sword and tats for any of the other preorder weapons, just let me know.

joslen1

Resident Psychiatrist
Reaction score
I'm just maxin' out my Absolver.

james carroll

Reaction score
hi guy i have a spare Inquisitor's Sword code if anyone wants to trade for the channeler sword add me on xbox my gamertag is fearingratedrko

Str8Ballin

Reaction score
Im willing to trade my channeler sword and crystal tattoo set dlc code for a 3 month or 12 month xbox live gold card code. If interested pm me or email me at [email protected]

HeroOfAlbion

The Swinger
Reaction score
Actually, I'm finding Channeler codes on eBay for under $10... :D buying one for $4.50