• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is Fable 3 DLC a problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLOAKD DRAGGON

Reaction score
Ever since Understone and TradersKeep , I download every pack available. I even downloaded the free weapons pack and a yule hat. My nephews birthday was last week so i decided to buy him Fable 3. He was so excited that he could finally play fable with me that we decided to play together that night. I tried to join him and it wouldn't let me because of Not having the same DLC. that urcked me but i waited and earlier this week i took him to buy both DLC packs. We tried again to play together and **** me off!!! We still couldn't play! Why- because he didn't Download a yule hat. That just grinds my gears! He downloaded it and rebooted then we could play and now i am afraid to download a tattoo set in fear of the same thing. Does anyone else feel the same frustration i do over DLC.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Fable III's Downloadable Content is stored in "packs"; purchasing any one of the DLC titles of a certain pack will download the whole pack. Any future purchases of DLC from the same pack will "unlock" the content for use. In this way, people who have downloaded the free content from any pack will be able to access other content from the pack if they join a co-op game with someone who has paid to unlock the specific other content. For example, downloading the Free Weapons DLC also downloads the pack which includes the Understone quest set, the red setter dog potion and the Industrial Knight Outfit. Therefore, anyone who downloads the Free Weapons will be able to play Understone if they join a co-op game with someone who has paid the 400MSP to unlock it.

Source

CLOAKD DRAGGON

Reaction score
Necromancer: let me just get this straight. If there's someone that can't join my game because they don't have traitors keep or understone, they can still join me as long as they downloaded all the free stuff?

CLOAKD DRAGGON

Reaction score
That's nice to know. Thank you so much. I can trade a little easier now knowing that fact. :)

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
And just remember that currently, there are only three free DLCs: the free weapons, the yule hat, and the soldier uniform.

JesiikaLeah

Reaction score
When I have played with 2 players on the xbox my friend dont have anything accept the basics and it said he couldnt play I thought uh oh u will have to buy with quest packs to play with me and alls he had to do was download the free yule hat was quite annoying lol

Status
Not open for further replies.