• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Is it just me or is it incredibly annoying when people use "cliche" as an adjective?

Is it just me or is it incredibly annoying when people use "cliche" as an adjective?

• Oui.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Affirmative.

• You betchya.

• Probably.

• Almost certainly.

• Who could disagree with that?

• Total voters

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
I know, right? Expecting me to go put fiddly bits on my perfectly serviceable Roman letters.

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score
Walker reminds me of this one guy I saw at the store yelling about a sign saying "Fresh fruit" but the bananas had little black spots on them

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
True story, it makes me happy that so many people want to **** creative writing minors. I'm just hoping that doesn't mean I'm going to be raped by Tsuyu.

Walker reminds me of this one guy I saw at the store yelling about a sign saying "Fresh fruit" but the bananas had little black spots on them

Well, ****, I didn't know you were from Maryland. I remember that day-- it was the Safeway down near Oxon Hill, wasn't it?

Tyloric

Illogical Process of Elimination
Reaction score
Slang (noun) (slaNG) - A type of language that consists of words and phrases that are regarded as very informal, are more common in speech than writing, and are typically restricted to a particular context or group of people.

WELL WOULD YOU LOOKY THERE

HobbeBrain

It's getting better, man!
Reaction score
Today in English, we were being given advice on how to do well in the exam.

One of the points was "Try to avoid cliched answers such as:" etc.

And it ****ed me off, simply because I'd read this thread.

F**k you Walker. F**k you.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Well, jeeze, there you go blaming me for everything.

Just because your teacher knows how to phrase things right...

Tyloric

Reaction score
Seriously, though. I'm an English major as well. One of the fun things about words in general is that their meanings can change as people use them differently. Cliche can be an adjective, adverb, and a noun.

Just saiyn'.

(Still <3 Walker)

Tyloric

Reaction score
I'm over 18 and I speak English.

Does that make me a English major too? Since I'm well above the age of a minor...

angry_faic_popup_picture_photosculpture-p153076069576876498tdci_152.jpg

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Seriously, though. I'm an English major as well. One of the fun things about words in general is that their meanings can change as people use them differently. Cliche can be an adjective, adverb, and a noun.

Just saiyn'.

(Still <3 Walker)

Yes, and how you use the language indicates something about you. Specifically, people who use "cliche" as an adjective tend, not all of them, but frequently, to be rampagingly dipshity pretentious twats. And also many of our fellow English majors.

Possibly you're one of them, OBVIOUSLY I'm not referring to you, YOU'RE a cool projectego member and could NEVER, EVER be a rampagingly dipshity pretentious twat. Unless you are. You're not, are you?

Tyloric

Reaction score
Yes, and how you use the language indicates something about you. Specifically, people who use "cliche" as an adjective tend, not all of them, but frequently, to be rampagingly dipshity pretentious twats. And also many of our fellow English majors.

Possibly you're one of them, OBVIOUSLY I'm not referring to you, YOU'RE a cool projectego member and could NEVER, EVER be a rampagingly dipshity pretentious twat. Unless you are. You're not, are you?

._.

I... don't know?

Hermit

Boy next door
Reaction score

dipshitty*

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
How's the thread goin?

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score
Accent marks is for pussies and foreign language students.
I respect the dictionary so far as spelling goes. I don't respect it when it gets all in my business where my alphabet is concerned. TWENTY-SIX LETTERS, MOTHERFUCKER. No accents needed unless you're some kinda furriner.
That kind of arrogance is dumbfounding.

Anyways, I'd say Stephen Fry can sum this up in a video or two.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=P89BWzYsGIE#t=81s (1:23 - 6:42ish)

Or if you're tl;dw my point is mostly covered from 3:40-4:20 and reminds me a lot of Walker's attitude.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Shirosaki, you're taking things too seriously again. Deep breaths, man. Whoo-sah.