• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just me, or does Fable III feel like a 'WIP'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Stop whining you little crybabies. While the epicness of Fable III does not compare to it's predecessor's one, it's still pretty damn awesome.
Arseface, if Lionhead can't write plots, why, oh why are you in a Fable fansite?
Raven, if you didn't like FIII why join here after it's release?

Because I loved Fable TLC, and during the buildup to Fable II, I came here looking for info. Then I decided to stay because it was a great community. Does that mean I can't dislike something about Fable II and III? I sincerely hope not.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Because I loved Fable TLC, and during the buildup to Fable II, I came here looking for info. Then I decided to stay because it was a great community. Does that mean I can't dislike something about Fable II and III? I sincerely hope not.

That is a very, very valid point. Not to mention these are forums and we've got every right to voice our complaints about whatever it is we wish so long as we're on-topic and stay within the rules.

Rachierae

Reaction score
I liked it. How ever, I didn't watch trailers or teasers or read anything about it. "oh fable 3 is coming out? cool chuck a pre-order down for me" the end. :) maybe you should all stay away from hype?

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I liked it. How ever, I didn't watch trailers or teasers or read anything about it. "oh fable 3 is coming out? cool chuck a pre-order down for me" the end. :) maybe you should all stay away from hype?

Or maybe you should realize that, hype aside, this is a very disappointing game?

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

I did the same thing, but I was still pretty disappointed with the final product :(

Rachierae

Reaction score
Or maybe you should realize that, hype aside, this is a very disappointing game?

LOL excuse me?
Umm no. Maybe YOU should realize not everyone agrees with you. My expectation of this game is clearly different to yours, and my expectations were somewhat fulfilled.

Externium

Reaction score
It's when I read threads like this that I wonder: if the Lionhead team ever bothered to read through these forums would they feel ashamed and actually try to do something to make their fans actually adore the series they at one point so fondly admired.

TdawgHeckroth

Reaction score
While this game DOES have some very disappointing things - bugs, glitches, QA issues, and the character not really changing very much appearance wise as it's predecessors - it also has a charming quality, and a good amount of depth to it. There were parts that fell flat, yes. And things I would have liked to see changed. For instance, tax policy decision is far too linear. And I really hate hobson. Even being an evil ruler I just want to strangle the greedy little rat. I thought it could have had more "ruling" to the ruling part, more decisions that had to be made. I really enjoyed making the decisions and that part to the story was far too short. But overall, this has been an enjoyable game for me and my girlfriend, and I can't see myself stopping playing until I've found everything there is to find and done everything there is to do.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
LOL excuse me?
Umm no. Maybe YOU should realize not everyone agrees with you. My expectation of this game is clearly different to yours, and my expectations were somewhat fulfilled.

I'm not going to excuse you. No offense but you're in the minority and I'm sorry to say but the majority beats the minority every time. Also, I laughed at the "somewhat" fulfilled part.

It's when I read threads like this that I wonder: if the Lionhead team ever bothered to read through these forums would they feel ashamed and actually try to do something to make their fans actually adore the series they at one point so fondly admired.

Supposedly they do but why listen to us? I mean, after all, we're just their loyal fans who spend large sums of money on their products.

TdawgHeckroth

Reaction score
Yeah, yeah, there's a "fallacy" for everything.

Well, for example; the majority believed the Earth was flat at one time. They were wrong. The majority believed the Earth was the center of the universe. They were also wrong. The majority believed the sun revolved around us.

Case in point; just because the majority believes, feels, or thinks one way, does not make them right.

Another point to be made is that this is strictly a matter of opinion, and there can be no "right" or "wrong" about it.

Rachierae

Reaction score
I'm not going to excuse you. No offense but you're in the minority and I'm sorry to say but the majority beats the minority every time. Also, I laughed at the "somewhat" fulfilled part.

Just because a few people do not like the game and are complaining about it on forums doesn't make them the majority. The people who are enjoying the game are playing it, not sitting on forums QQing.

Either get facts to back up your claim "you're in the minority" or gtfo.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Just because a few people do not like the game and are complaining about it on forums doesn't make then the majority. The people who are enjoying the game are playing it, not sitting on forums QQing.

Either get facts to back up your claim "you're in the minority" or gtfo.

Where are your facts, hm? Oh! That's right! You don't have any.

Also, using internet terms such as "gtfo" and "QQing" do not help your argument in any way nor do they make you look good. Oh, I'm sure you'll say you don't care but let me place this here as a preemptive strike; we don't care either.

So if you're going to just sit here and dish out insults, I suggest you go elsewhere, it's not needed and you're not contributing to this thread either.

Rheckameohs

A Pretty Cool Guy
Reaction score
Because the original thread was most certainly about how to hold a decent argument over the internet.

Rachierae

Reaction score
Where are your facts, hm? Oh! That's right! You don't have any.

Also, using internet terms such as "gtfo" and "QQing" do not help your argument in any way nor do they make you look good. Oh, I'm sure you'll say you don't care but let me place this here as a preemptive strike; we don't care either.

So if you're going to just sit here and dish out insults, I suggest you go elsewhere, it's not needed and you're not contributing to this thread either.

I WAS contributing before you went out of your way to troll.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I WAS contributing before you went out of your way to troll.

maybe you should all stay away from hype?

Sure seems like you were trying to provoke people with that comment.

Tell me how that's trolling? It's a logical, reasonable response posted in a very calm manner/tone. Seems to me you're the only one trying to "troll" anyone here.

Rachierae

Reaction score
maybe you should all stay away from hype?
Sure seems like you were trying to provoke people with that comment..

Ok you are obviously going to continue to try and get a rise out of me.
I gave my input "I liked the game" then I stated "I didn't watch any trailers or teasers" then I suggested "maybe you should all stay away from hype?" Oh very provoking.

This statement is telling me I am wrong and I shouldn't enjoy a game I am enjoying. This is all I am going to say. To be honest this has turned into an argument which I would like to keep OFF the forums. You can send your next argument to my inbox.

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
IMO fable 3 had a way batter story then fable 2, in fable 2 i had a vague idea of what was going on and did not really care until i was in the spire, fable 3 though had good emotion and you where really driven to over throw logan and defeat the darkness i loved it

Status
Not open for further replies.