• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just me, or does Fable III feel like a 'WIP'?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
IMO fable 3 had a way batter story then fable 2, in fable 2 i had a vague idea of what was going on and did not really care until i was in the spire, fable 3 though had good emotion and you where really driven to over throw logan and defeat the darkness i loved it

Fable 3 had a slightly more original story than oh no, this random bad guy wronged me so I'll grow up to be a bad-ass hero and defeat him with the power of friendship and love! However, all the characters were severely lacking depth and to be honest, I appreciated Logan for who he was rather than hate him for the things he did. Which, we found out, we're merely misguided attempts at saving Albion. Good emotion? Well... I don't know about that but I did find several of the characters highly obnoxious. Namely Elise and Walter... and all the people who's hands I had to literally hold.

TdawgHeckroth

Reaction score
I thought the game lacked a real depth of emotion. Like when Swift was executed, there was hardly any real mourning. :C

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
Fable 3 had a slightly more original story than oh no, this random bad guy wronged me so I'll grow up to be a bad-ass hero and defeat him with the power of friendship and love! However, all the characters were severely lacking depth and to be honest, I appreciated Logan for who he was rather than hate him for the things he did. Which, we found out, we're merely misguided attempts at saving Albion. Good emotion? Well... I don't know about that but I did find several of the characters highly obnoxious. Namely Elise and Walter... and all the people who's hands I had to literally hold.

reaver, walter, jasper, sabine, ben finn (kinda), logan and page i liked, had real emotions/personality or (in the case of reaver) lack there of.

when elise showed up i said to my self 'a wild love intrest appears' same swift you meet him for like 10 mins and then he gets killed off

Rachierae

Reaction score
I thought the game lacked a real depth of emotion. Like when Swift was executed, there was hardly any real mourning. :C

Something really bothers me about that.. You promise to make him head of your army, but you aren't given any opportunity to save him.

TdawgHeckroth

Reaction score
Something really bothers me about that.. You promise to make him head of your army, but you aren't given any opportunity to save him.
Exactly. The only emotion I felt when he was shot was "well, there's one promise I don't have to keep." It shouldn't be like that.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
reaver, walter, jasper, sabine, ben finn (kinda), logan and page i liked, had real emotions or (in the case of reaver) lack there of.

when elise showed up i said to my self 'a wild love intrest appears' same swift you meet him for like 10 mins and then he gets killed off

Reaver has actually changed and has become slightly more sadistic and an even bigger douche but he wasn't given enough screen time to truly develop (in either game). Walter? He was obnoxious and a burden during a good chunk of the game and in the end, he ends up dead. Sabine... he has some depth to him and out of all the characters, I enjoyed him the most. Then again, I've always had a soft spot for crazy, old men who act like children and are eccentric. Ben Finn... yeah, they didn't flesh him out well enough either. I could not pinpoint his personality because one minute he seems like an idiot and the next he seems like a bigger hero than me. Logan probably had the best development of them all (which isn't much, suffice to say) and I'm glad he didn't turn out to be the evil, children-eating, women-beating, power-hungry, tyrant I predicted him to be. Page... I liked her and she had some potential but again, she was a character without enough screen time to truly develop.

thanatos7302

Reaction score
i wish they had not gotten rid of the exp. system of leveling up thats what i liked fable for but now they got some guild seal things where all you have to do is like 2 quests and you have enough seals to buy what ever your after i dont even feel like fighting anything on the game anymore cause it progresses the seals so slow theres no point

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Because I loved Fable TLC, and during the buildup to Fable II, I came here looking for info. Then I decided to stay because it was a great community. Does that mean I can't dislike something about Fable II and III? I sincerely hope not.
If you loved TLC so much then why bash Lionhead's storytelling?

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
First of all, let me ask you this. Why is it that not a single person who thinks the game is "awesome" has been able to actually clarify and come up with a reason as to why the game is "awesome"? No... wait... I think someone gave me a single sentence as to why they thought so but honestly, we've listed dozens of reasons as to why this game is far below mediocre. If you care about the game so much, why don't you try defending it with valid reasons instead of insulting people?
You did not answer my question. You know, you remind me of GrimWhim. He used to rant with pretty words too.

thanatos7302

Reaction score
Am I the only one who sometimes wished you could travel without the dog?
me... my dog always ends up finding something and he will never stop barking until i dig it up or open the chest no matter how far i get from where hes at he always continues to bark

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
You did not answer my question. You know, you remind me of GrimWhim. He used to rant with pretty words too.

Before I answer your question, I want you to do me a favor. Go get a camera, camera phone or anything that can take pictures. Then, put it into a stable position that would accurately capture your face. Now read what I write below and as soon as you read it, take a picture. I imagine your facial expression will be priceless.

I AM GrimWhim.

In case you're wondering, I made a deal with the devil... I mean, Darkan. As long as I promise to be on my best behavior, I can stick around. I think I've been doing a marvelous job thus far. That Raech person or whoever she is nearly got to me but I stopped myself before I made any silly mistakes. Well... I do admit it was wrong of me to derail this thread but neither of you are actually helping to keep it on topic.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
If you loved TLC so much then why bash Lionhead's storytelling?

The plot for TLC was only good because they stole it from every other fantasy RPG. Boy gets orphaned when his village is attacked by bandits, get's taken in by an old warrior who teaches him how to fight, and he ends up getting revenge, saving the world at the same time. The real triumph with TLC was in the lore, and the fact that they actually hadn't worked on it as much as, say, Bethesda worked on The Elder Scrolls. The fact that not a lot of the background history was revealed (because they hadn't written it yet) made it feel a lot more real and mystical. Tales of Albion, in addition to contradicting a lot of TLC's established lore, ruined that feel by illuminating the unknown, as well as the fact that Lionhead can't write a cohesive plot to save themselves.

El Mosqueton

Party Animal
Reaction score
Before I answer your question, I want you to do me a favor. Go get a camera, camera phone or anything that can take pictures. Then, put it into a stable position that would accurately capture your face. Now read what I write below and as soon as you read it, take a picture. I imagine your facial expression will be priceless.

I AM GrimWhim.
MFW
:wat:
Of course you're not. Ol' Grim used to be good fun at the least. You're just... trying too hard.

Rachierae

Reaction score
In case you're wondering, I made a deal with the devil... I mean, Darkan. As long as I promise to be on my best behavior, I can stick around. I think I've been doing a marvelous job thus far. That Raech person or whoever she is nearly got to me but I stopped myself before I made any silly mistakes. Well... I do admit it was wrong of me to derail this thread but neither of you are actually helping to keep it on topic.

:blush:

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Tyrant, stop antagonising him.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
Tyrant, stop antagonising people.

Rachierae

Reaction score
Dammit. So it's you, 3 accounts and you weren't permabanned? That's a real achievement.
I still have that Wreckager BTW.

:/ Wreckager?
Nope this is my first and only account. I wish I could rant with pretty words but thats way beyond my capability's :(

TdawgHeckroth

Reaction score
me... my dog always ends up finding something and he will never stop barking until i dig it up or open the chest no matter how far i get from where hes at he always continues to bark
And the dog is pretty useless. I mean, the loot in the game so far is pretty bad IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.