• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Just picked up Fable 2 and 3 (Never played the series)

Status
Not open for further replies.

4LC4PON3

Reaction score
I was interested in Fable for sometime so I decided to stray away from FPS and jump into the Series. I snagged up Fable 2 and 3 today but while I was at the store not a single friggen person including customers said one good thing about Fable 3.

Regardless im going to play them both anyways but is Fable 3 really that bad that not one person could speak for it? Like I said im going to play it anyways and make my own opinion of course but I just wanted to know.

Cakelynn

Reaction score
I can't imagine why they wouldn't :blink: - other than things like the other people in the store weren't feeling very outgoing, of course. I still think Fable II is better than Fable III, but they're both great games. People who aren't very open to liking RPGs miight not enjoy it as much, since it's pretty much definitely an RPG lol.
No, it's not really that bad that not one person could speak for it.
When Fable II and Fable III were coming out, the majority of my friends were quite excited about it, and I haven't heard many, if any, who were very disappointed by them. (The Fable series is actually the only game that my friends have absolutely insisted I get upon its releasal). I've heard some say the series is on the decline, but not any who dislike the series as a whole. I will admit that most of my friends enjoy RPGs as much as FPSs, but I've got a friend who's really into series like Call of Duty, Halo, and more shooter-focused games who's loving Fable III since he got his own Xbox 360 and kind of hogging it from others borrowing it ^_^

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I've never understood all the Fable 3 hate, even on this site. I love it, and I'd recommend it.

4LC4PON3

Reaction score
I have been playing some of fable II & I really like it alot so far. Even the gamestop employees that are my friends told me not to buy it lol. I can see myself really loving the series. Im glad I picked them up honestly.

I tried alittle of Fable 3 to see what the graphics were like. Its really good. Impressed. :) Thanks & im looking forward to enjoying the Series

Angel Fyre Locke

Angelic Devil
Reaction score
Most of the negativity is ill-founded and just generally spewed around by people who either don't know what they're talking about, or throw a fit whenever the developers change any of the game mechanics. If Lionhead had made Fable III in exactly the same style as Fable II, they would complain about it being a clone.
The other big complaint I hear is about the inability to finish the game as the good king, and on this topic I refer you to my related thread.

Matt_352

Reaction score
Fable 3 is an ok game but it could have been done better, Fable 2 is fantastic, I havent played Fable or Fable TLC

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Sorry, but I wasn't a fan of Fable III. It's a beautiful game, but the gameplay is generally bad, and sometimes just completely retarded. Combat is way too easy, and melee is basically useless.
None of the story makes any sense, even if the characters are rich and colourful. The "moral" decisions that the Fable franchise prides itself on didn't make any sense and had obvious consequences, and the only one that was remotely difficult was the one at the beginning, but you later find out that it makes no sense in the story, the fact that it's an incredibly poor plot device to have at the start of the game.

The only thing I liked was the Sanctuary, but the fact that it was sans menu made it clunky and difficult to use. Not having any menus also meant that they had to take out most of the different weapon, clothing, and item options, meaning that customisation was basically nonexistent.

Fable II was alright, even if the story was kinda ****ty.

Basically anything that was bad in Fable II, they either made worse or went way too far in the other direction with.

UnholyKing

UnholyKing
Reaction score
fable 3 it a good game but not better then 2 but still a good game

Aions

Cant dance.
Reaction score
you gotta play fable TLC man, there are little hints and a bit of back story in fable 2 that you wont really get if you have not played it. 3 pretty much has nothing to do with TLC or even 2 for that matter, just that your dad/mom was the 'last' hero

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Definitely man. It's starting to show it's age a bit now, but it's still a great game, and for the price, it's definitely worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.