• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

King Of Blades to be new Antagonist?

Anvos

Reaction score
Thanks for the summary of the Journey as it saved me time looking it up as I don't have an xbox. One thing to remember though is the spire is a construct of will and not technology from what I understand and will is far weaker in the time of Fable: 3 and The Journey so its possible the fallout of the spire could be far less this time. Plus being rebuilt in a time of weaker will could mean it has less power to begin with.

Personally I have doubts we will see the King of Blades, as my own theory is that the Queen, Jack, and Knight overthrew the King of Blades, but they then realized all 4 of their essences were linked and one couldn't truly die while another was alive and then to stop him from reconsituting Jack forged the Sword of Aeons from the King's essence. Eventually the Court comes to Albion and when William Black entered the void the remains of the King's will saw its chance for revenge and rebirth. Weakened as he was the King wasn't able to properly take over William, but as a result William became linked to the Court. When William tries to cast off the corruption he actual splits himself in two the Corrupter being one and Scythe being the other, but the two are still linked in a way.

Furthering the topic while I don't think we'll see the King I do think Jack, Queen, and Knight might be back having reconstituted after all these years and found new hosts for their masks. The Queen focusing on Samakgrad, Jack continuing his grudge against Albion, and the Knight ,started with that Island chain mentioned in a book where they became xenophobic of outsiders when citizens of Albion killed them with a plague and then starved, and using them takes over Aura near the start of Fable 4.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Thanks for the summary of the Journey as it saved me time looking it up as I don't have an xbox. One thing to remember though is the spire is a construct of will and not technology from what I understand and will is far weaker in the time of Fable: 3 and The Journey so its possible the fallout of the spire could be far less this time. Plus being rebuilt in a time of weaker will could mean it has less power to begin with.

Personally I have doubts we will see the King of Blades, as my own theory is that the Queen, Jack, and Knight overthrew the King of Blades, but they then realized all 4 of their essences were linked and one couldn't truly die while another was alive and then to stop him from reconsituting Jack forged the Sword of Aeons from the King's essence. Eventually the Court comes to Albion and when William Black entered the void the remains of the King's will saw its chance for revenge and rebirth. Weakened as he was the King wasn't able to properly take over William, but as a result William became linked to the Court. When William tries to cast off the corruption he actual splits himself in two the Corrupter being one and Scythe being the other, but the two are still linked in a way.

Furthering the topic while I don't think we'll see the King I do think Jack, Queen, and Knight might be back having reconstituted after all these years and found new hosts for their masks. The Queen focusing on Samakgrad, Jack continuing his grudge against Albion, and the Knight ,started with that Island chain mentioned in a book where they became xenophobic of outsiders when citizens of Albion killed them with a plague and then starved, and using them takes over Aura near the start of Fable 4.

I'd happilly accept that as a plotline. It would address most of my questions about the series whilst reminding the gamer of how Fable began.
However, i consider Jack, Knight and Queen to be dead as their masks all perished (in a very LOTR manner) behind the Bronze Gate in TLC. I thought that their masks were the equivelent to Voldemort's Horcruxes (excuse my Harry Potter-ish). I guess if the Corruption is linked to the court and what you say about their lives being tied then maybe their re-appearence is possible.
I'd love it, but something tells me that Lionhead won't have planned this haha.

Anvos

Reaction score
Actually if the 2 other masks Jack had were the Queen and Knight, we don't know what happened to them, as Jack's body either just disappeared or his last host was cast into the void with the Sword of Aeons.

Could easily work that Jack was either making a power play believing with the sword he wouldn't need them, or he fell into a logical trap where the only way he knew to find a host worthy of a mask was for them to defeat his current host, but then he'd be the one using the host to replace the one he lost finding them.

johnny depp

Reaction score
I completely agree with you that would make a lot of sense