• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

King Of Blades to be new Antagonist?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I just plan on ignoring Fable: The Journey because it looks horrific.
Instead wait and see if The King Of Blades makes his grand appearance in Fable 4 ^_^

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Just because fans speculate a "King of Blades" doesn't mean it will happen

It's like me speculating I'm a millionaire and expecting to win the lottery
If you see something falling, you catch it because you know it will hit the ground.
The franchise has clearly dropped clues to where the story is heading and by making speculations, I can say "I saw that coming months ago".
Has the future suggested that you may become a millionaire? Any hints or clues? NO
I can see a ball dropping and I am catching it. Cause and effect. The future is predictable.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Has the future suggested that you may become a millionaire? Any hints or clues? NO

Although you can never predict if you're gonna be a millionaire in the future. People get really lucky sometimes...

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
You, Sir, have helped to rekindle my love for the Fable universe. I played Fable... It was ok, but short for me. Got sucked into the Void with 2 and just about forgot about life until I beat the damn thing. Spent waaaaay too much by renting it, too. :p Was completely AMPED for 3 and even tho some of it was cheezy, I LOVED the style. Love the steampunk stuff. You have brought up very insightful points that I've either overlooked or just plain breezed over in the past. Aside from Journey, I'm enthusiastic for the future of Fable. Even if it turns out to be more for the story of Albion than gameplay. Only time will tell and by now, we don't have much longer to wait. Well... Unless it gets delayed, that is. : crosses fingers :

Side note- I kind of wished I could have known more about the Shadow Court and what exactly went down in Oakvale. Don't get me wrong, Wraithmarsh was downright sexy, but I'm still curious about what Reaver did way back when...
Haha, i'm glad I helped out ^^
It's almost a fact that Fable 4 will be delayed, they always are :p
If you like Reaver so much, why not read the books "Blood Ties" "Reaver" and the most recent "Edge of The World"?
Did you listen to his diary entries when you bought bloodstone mansion? After his deal with the Shadow Court, he did not know that they would destroy his home town and kill his lover. In his diaries, he says that he was sor of heartbroken by what he did. He did his ritual because he fears aging and dying.
I find Reaver to be the most colourful character in the game :)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
A member named Queen Of Albion posts a Fanfic chapter every week and she uses Reaver as a main protagonist and it is full of snarky humour :)
I enjoyed The Balverine Order but I disliked the conflicting idea that Balverines hate industrialisation but side with Reaver (who is industry) when you invade his house :/
The latest book captures Reaver really well, but te book itself is terrible xD
You should write this book! If you like Reaver's character, then you'd enjoy Dorian Grey :)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Oh, naturally. I think someone somewhere got the idea from Dorian Grey for Reaver.

Ah, the linkage of mindless trivia:

Reaver is voiced by Stephen Fry
Stephen Fry idolizes and has played Oscar Wilde in film
Oscar Wilde wrote The Picture of Dorian Grey
Dorian Grey was played by Stuart Townsend in League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Stuart Townsend was in Trapped with Kevin Bacon.
Ha, I never knew that, the guy just reminded me of Dorian Grey xD

Reaction score
even if they just made a fable 1 remake i'd be happy. the combat multiplier system the potions the armors, and robes . Everything was marvelous about that game. Interactions were better - though it could use some addition. No, not the kind in fable 3-they sucked. I found the mute hero to be cool for some reason and the moral system was infinitely better. There was a kraken and there was a friggin dragon. Bring back the magic! and also release the games for pc because seriously its really hard scrolling through all that magic on consoles.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
After playing through Fable: The Journey, I think they're prepping for something similar to the first Fable for Fable IV.

Cain

Reaction score
He must be from the Void. The realm ruled completely by The Court.
"But you, too, wish for the black Void don't you?"

The void he is talking about could just be the literal interpretation, which is to say emptyness and darkness, which is what he is trying to turn Albion into. And 'Must be' from the void? It seems you are contradicting your self if you use the word 'speculation' in your post, and then use definite verbs.
He must be the previously unmet King of Blades
Again, Must be? This implies this is fact, when it is speculation.

1. He appears to have a head in the shape of a King's crown.

He has tendrils/tentacles on his head, for me it seemed more similar to a lovecratian alien, rather than a crown. Cthulhu seems to be a major influence.
2. He commands his Children as if he were their father figure/ruler.

And this makes him King of Blades how? This line of thought must put Major Swift as a candidate for King of Blades as well.

3. In Fable 3 Limited Collectors Edition card deck he is King Of Clubs.

Again, this dosen't make him King of Blades. What does this make the King of the other four suites?

4. He says "A great wave of darkness will cover your land. They will come for your King. Who would sit upon the throne of Albion?". Perhaps he wants the Throne?

Perhaps, but this dosen't support the theory that he is King of Blades, only that he wants to take over.

5. "We have waited centuries for you", suggests that he is an ancient being with an old grudge on Albion.

Or maybe he watched the Archons bloodline up to your birth. The line is vague, which I believe is the point, to add some mystery to the character.

Of course, your theory is all based on the idea that the King of Blades exists. Of which there has been no evidence for. References to the court make no reference of a King, and it would be a cheap cop-out to retcon it and pretend the King of Blades was always there. Even if he did exist, your theory for why he will be in the next game is a few vague lines, what face card the Crawler is, and 'coulds' and 'mights'. And yet you act as if you have somehow predicted the next game entirely accurately.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
The void he is talking about could just be the literal interpretation, which is to say emptyness and darkness, which is what he is trying to turn Albion into. And 'Must be' from the void? It seems you are contradicting your self if you use the word 'speculation' in your post, and then use definite verbs.

Again, Must be? This implies this is fact, when it is speculation.

He has tendrils/tentacles on his head, for me it seemed more similar to a lovecratian alien, rather than a crown. Cthulhu seems to be a major influence.

And this makes him King of Blades how? This line of thought must put Major Swift as a candidate for King of Blades as well.

Again, this dosen't make him King of Blades. What does this make the King of the other four suites?

Perhaps, but this dosen't support the theory that he is King of Blades, only that he wants to take over.

Or maybe he watched the Archons bloodline up to your birth. The line is vague, which I believe is the point, to add some mystery to the character.

Of course, your theory is all based on the idea that the King of Blades exists. Of which there has been no evidence for. References to the court make no reference of a King, and it would be a cheap cop-out to retcon it and pretend the King of Blades was always there. Even if he did exist, your theory for why he will be in the next game is a few vague lines, what face card the Crawler is, and 'coulds' and 'mights'. And yet you act as if you have somehow predicted the next game entirely accurately.

My friend, it is a fan's speculation, get over yourself. I've successfully guessed sequels before. The evidence is there, but only Lionhead know for certain what will happen. I am not alone on this prediction. I think every fan has questioned the existance of a King Of Blades.
All you did was criticise the idea, but you gave no counter arguement xD

Cain

Reaction score
My friend, it is a fan's speculation, get over yourself. I've successfully guessed sequels before.

Get over myself? You're the one who's so certain you've got it right. A lot of us here asked for or guessed there would be something to do with being king in Fable III, but once we got it right we didn't act like we knew everything. The fact you've gussed sequels before means nothing, it's still speculation, weak speculation at that.

The evidence is there.

You mean like the Crawler being King of Clubs in the card deck? Or the assumption he exists? Obviously hard evidence there.

but only Lionhead know for certain what will happen

And you, right? Becuase there's such strong evidence, and you guessed what would happen in the other games, so you must know right? /sarcasm

I am not alone on this prediction. I think every fan has questioned the existance of a King Of Blades.

And? Popularity lends nothing to credibility. What was the point of this anyway? Like I'm going to be convinced totally because there happens to be strong support.

All you did was criticise the idea, but you gave no counter arguement xD

The counter argument was that there isn't strong evidence for the Crawler being the King of Blades, which I did by showing your points to be assumptions and what face card the crawler was. And aren't you just criticising my post, and not presenting a counter argument? Hypocrite. I would be interested to see how these could be interpreted as evidence. I criticised your points, to start an argument, and you just went on the defensive and acted like I've done something wrong. You could've tried to show the weakness in my argument or say explain in depth how your points could be seen as evidence when you replied, but you didn't, which dosen't help your argument.

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Get over myself? You're the one who's so certain you've got it right. A lot of us here asked for or guessed there would be something to do with being king in Fable III, but once we got it right we didn't act like we knew everything. The fact you've gussed sequels before means nothing, it's still speculation, weak speculation at that.

You mean like the Crawler being King of Clubs in the card deck? Or the assumption he exists? Obviously hard evidence there.

And you, right? Becuase there's such strong evidence, and you guessed what would happen in the other games, so you must know right? /sarcasm

And? Popularity lends nothing to credibility. What was the point of this anyway? Like I'm going to be convinced totally because there happens to be strong support.

The counter argument was that there isn't strong evidence for the Crawler being the King of Blades, which I did by showing your points to be assumptions and what face card the crawler was. And aren't you just criticising my post, and not presenting a counter argument? Hypocrite. I would be interested to see how these could be interpreted as evidence. I criticised your points, to start an argument, and you just went on the defensive and acted like I've done something wrong. You could've tried to show the weakness in my argument or say explain in depth how your points could be seen as evidence when you replied, but you didn't, which dosen't help your argument.
Dude, calm down. even though I don't want to take sides here, britain was right. The counter arguement you supposedly made was just you saying he was wrong. You could have taken the more constructive criticism side to this. Instead you just point out he's wrong and criticize on everything he says. We're all friends here, man. Just don't make an enemy just because he didn't argue the way you wanted him to.

Cain

Reaction score
Dude, calm down. even though I don't want to take sides here, britain was right. The counter arguement you supposedly made was just you saying he was wrong. You could have taken the more constructive criticism side to this. Instead you just point out he's wrong and criticize on everything he says. We're all friends here, man. Just don't make an enemy just because he didn't argue the way you wanted him to.

Ok, thanks for your constructive criticism, I'll try and avoid just criticising with no counter argument in the future. Now, can we get back on topic after having it derailed by the OP?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score

Lol, you have quite the temper ;D
It's been Halloween and i've had a few drinks so i have no will to try hard in this response.
My counter arguement to your.. Well.. What i can only call a "criticism" is my original original post.. I have no need to have a counter arguement, i only need to go on the defensive :')
I chose little points in the game that hint towards the likelihood of a King Of Blades. It is speculation. I am offerring a possibility. Nowhere do I say that this IS what will happen. And yes popularity does suggest credability. As a belief becomes widespread it gains credability, for instance "Darwinism".. Even alien psudohistory has gained credability since it became broadcasted on the history channel :')

Just calm down Cain and resume killing Abel or something xD

Cain

Reaction score
Lol, you have quite the temper ;D

I'm being aggresive in my writing style, yes, but it dosen't mean I'm angry.

It's been Halloween and i've had a few drinks so i have no will to try hard in this response.

You haven't tried hard in any of your responses to me, you've just ignored the points I've raised and gone on about how you had some correct guesses, and how that makes it right.

My counter arguement to your.. Well.. What i can only call a "criticism" is my original original post.. I have no need to have a counter arguement, i only need to go on the defensive :')

So you "needed" to ignore my criticisms and derail the thread? Ok, whatever you say.

I chose little points in the game that hint towards the likelihood of a King Of Blades. It is speculation. I am offerring a possibility. Nowhere do I say that this IS what will happen.

Yeah you do.

He must be the previously unmet King of Blades.

If you see something falling, you catch it because you know it will hit the ground.
The franchise has clearly dropped clues to where the story is heading and by making speculations, I can say "I saw that coming months ago".

If this was unintended and not just you contradicting yourself, then learn how to use verbs. It's basic english.

And yes popularity does suggest credability.

No it dosen't.

Credibility refers to the objective and subjective components of the believability of a source or message.
Traditionally, modern, credibility has two key components: trustworthiness and expertise, which both have objective and subjective components. Trustworthiness is based more on subjective factors, but can include objective measurements such as established reliability. Expertise can be similarly subjectively perceived, but also includes relatively objective characteristics of the source or message (e.g., credentials, certification or information quality).Secondary components of credibility include source dynamism (charisma) and physical attractiveness.

EDIT: I suggest we leave it at this. The thread has been derailed enough, and I think we should move back to discussing the king of blades. Not that you were, but oh well