• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

King Of Blades to be new Antagonist?

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
I'm being aggresive in my writing style, yes, but it dosen't mean I'm angry.

You haven't tried hard in any of your responses to me, you've just ignored the points I've raised and gone on about how you had some correct guesses, and how that makes it right.

So you "needed" to ignore my criticisms and derail the thread? Ok, whatever you say.

Yeah you do.

If this was unintended and not just you contradicting yourself, then learn how to use verbs. It's basic english.

No it dosen't.

EDIT: I suggest we leave it at this. The thread has been derailed enough, and I think we should move back to discussing the king of blades. Not that you were, but oh well
*facepalms*

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I'm being aggresive in my writing style, yes, but it dosen't mean I'm angry.

You haven't tried hard in any of your responses to me, you've just ignored the points I've raised and gone on about how you had some correct guesses, and how that makes it right.

So you "needed" to ignore my criticisms and derail the thread? Ok, whatever you say.

Yeah you do.

If this was unintended and not just you contradicting yourself, then learn how to use verbs. It's basic english.

No it dosen't.

EDIT: I suggest we leave it at this. The thread has been derailed enough, and I think we should move back to discussing the king of blades. Not that you were, but oh well

"physical attractiveness" eh.. It appears that this thread i have posted is credible :p
calm down Candy Cain.. No one here takes this as seriously as you, so I apologise for not using a bibliography and checking my tenses and spelling :')

Sharktooth

Reaction score
Just because fans speculate a "King of Blades" doesn't mean it will happen

It's like me speculating I'm a millionaire and expecting to win the lottery
Not really, this is game development, and a crucial part of selling the game is to make the fans happy with what they see, so they will at least take some input from the community, where as the lottery all they want is to get millions of people to buy tickets to get a chance at money...

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Not really, this is game development, and a crucial part of selling the game is to make the fans happy with what they see, so they will at least take some input from the community, where as the lottery all they want is to get millions of people to buy tickets to get a chance at money...

Gonna have to stop you there for a bit.

This applies to a lot of game developers, what you just said. However, community input does not have an ounce of effect in most AAA games. This includes the Fable franchise. I don't remember Lionhead ever asking us what we want to see in the next game. And there's a reason why they shut down the official forums, too.

Not saying that Lionhead DEFINITELY does not listen to us, but it seems that way.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
You know what? Hands up.. I could be wrong about this coming sequal as The Currupter seemed to be the big daddy in the void, but who's to say the King Of Blades doesn't exist eh? ;|
I wanna know more about that damn sword of aeons that caused the whole bloodline mess :(

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
You know what? Hands up.. I could be wrong about this coming sequal as The Currupter seemed to be the big daddy in the void, but who's to say the King Of Blades doesn't exist eh? ;|
I wanna know more about that damn sword of aeons that caused the whole bloodline mess :(
I don't think that the
Corruptor was sent back fully. Since Edge of the world is canon or at least until it is proven otherwise. I think the Corruptor could/ would use the F3 hero as his host.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
How? The Currupter never made it out of the Void. And it isn't as if the Hero of Brightwall was the only person his with the darkness.
I personally believe that the Currupter is stuck in the Void for now.
After reading Edge Of The World, it is evident that the story could go anywhere, but I think that Reaver is to be the key Antagonist in F4. I don't think he took the throne just for the power and wealth, there's a bigger picture. Since the day Oakvale was massecred and he was given immortality, he has served the Shadow Court who i perceive to be beings from the Void. Perhaps he wants his dept to be settled in some way and his siezure of the throne is part of that? He may even be working with the Empress.
I expect to hear from the ageless Sythe, the sword of Aeons and the King Of Blades in this coming sequal.

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
Yes but not everyone has a connection to William Black, which the Corrupter came from. So it would make sense to fully come to Ablion he would use the Hero of Brightwall a descendent of Black, as a back up plan. Plus he has the Hero of Brightwall at least forty plus years depending when F4 would take place. Reaver will definitely be a antagonist in F4 but i don't think he will be the main antagonist. The court also never addressed a King of Blades it was only made up of Knight , Jack, and the Queen of blades. That being said there could be a King that Lionhead could make up for it or the court had turned on or something like that. But we don't know anything yet. :/ Tho if the sword comes back (which won't make sense) Then Jack would come back too. (Which is dumb). Seeing Scythe would be cool but at this point in the series he would probably be used to be killed off by the villian and/or make the villian more powerful.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Actually, if the Sword of Aeons and Jack was sent back into the void, wouldn't that mean that they still have a (really petty) chance of returning?

FABLE: THE JOURNEY SPOILERS

The three big antagonists in The Journey are somewhat similar to the three Blades. The Devourer looks exactly like Jack (although since we've never seen the Queen, so we can't say the Temptress looks like her, but it should be "safe" to say so). The Corruptor, according the the lore, feels that the throne belongs to it, since it was a part of William Black, which means that it definitely WASN'T the King of Blades back in the Old Kingdom. However, because of its desire to have the throne, we may call it the King of Blades anyway. Someone once mentioned that the CRAWLER was probably the King of Blades, but after playing through Journey, I now believe that the Crawler is the equivalent to the Knight of Blades, being the weakest of the three lieutenants ( that is also debatable, since it took only Gabriel to finish off the Devourer and Temptress, but it took 6.5 million soldiers to fend off the Crawler).
At the end of Journey, the Corruptor was prevented from entering Albion at the last second, at supposedly the expense of Theresa. The Spire was destroyed again, and possibly most of civilization just like the Old Kingdom's end. Its quite unlikely that the Corruptor will make an appearance right in the the next installment, but there is still Reaver, the Shadow Court (whom we think is connected to the beings of the Void), and that blasted Empress in the Edge (with a possible boss battle with your F3 Hero. Hopefully, they actually use the F3 saves here to change the look of the Hero to how you made him look like, but then if he were to be imprison and corrupted, he would look evil anyway, so maybe there won't be a save reading feature after all, since the Journey effectively undid whatever work you did in F3.)

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Was civilisation destroyed at the end of The Journey? I didn't realize that :S
i too noticed the clear similarities to the court and wondered myself.
Jack is dead. In TLC his mask was melted in the magma (in a fashion very similar to the ring in lotr haha) behind the bronze gate following his defeat in dragon form. The sword however is in the Void still very much existing.
Fable love cards. In 16/17th centuries, there was a knight in a conventional deck of cards as well as a Jack, Queen and King, so a King of Blades does make sense. I have my fingers crossed ;|
I am dying to know how the sword of aeons had a damn personality and was able to bind it's own soul with Sythe/william's. There needs to be an answer :( And what is with William Black's association with the Grim Reaper and what ha he been so busy with since the fall of Jack? :S

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Was civilisation destroyed at the end of The Journey? I didn't realize that :SS

That's the thing, ain't it? Was civilization destroyed? Many of us, including the characters in game, believed that civilization will be mostly wiped out by the Spire, so that's what we concluded at the end of Journey, but they never really showed that.

I'm just worried Lionhead's gonna try and do something completely new to the story, since there are just SO many plotholes and mysteries at the moment. I mean:

1. Why have we not heard of Sol, Stone and Blaze before Journey? They weren't mentioned at all in any of the other games. The closest similar trio would be Solcius, Holdr and Delfe, who destroyed a portal that threatened to eat Bowerstone up. I'm sure they aren't the same trio, since Holdr was a warrior and not a will-user. If Sol, Stone and Blaze were the ones who prevented the Corruption the first time, then WHY are they not as celebrated in the previous games, but suddenly they get their own shrines and caves and followers in Journey?

2.What happened to Scythe? There was no mention of him disappearing after TLC, and the only hint of him still existing is in Fable 2, when you choose to revive Rose and she writes to you saying a blue-hooded man is taking care of her. After that, NOTHING until Journey, where Theresa tells a story of the Archon. Did he die? Theresa said she was the only surviving person of the Hero bloodline, which means that all the Heroes, including the King and Scythe, must be dead (although we can debate about the King being a Hero in the first place. He is called a Hero, but he needs to use gauntlets to channel Will, which discredits him being a true Hero.) Since Theresa can "see", she should be able to know if there are others of the Archon descendant. She also searched for Gabriel, and not for anyone else, because she believes no one of the Hero bloodline is around but herself.

I can think of a lot more but I'm super sleepy so I'm gonna go and hit the bunker.

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
I think that just the spire was destroyed but it is possible that all of civilization it was destroyed. I think it's unlikely. (unless they are rebooting the whole series) Logan was canonically pardoned by the Hero ( or least that is what is stated in edge of the world.) so either his son or his grand son would be the hero in the next game. Peter Molyneux no longer is with them so who knows what they will do. It would make more sense to continue with the Black bloodline. And just because he uses gauntlets it doesn't discredit him from being a hero in f3. lol He uses will in Edge of The World without them.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
There was no mention of the gauntlets but that doesn't mean they weren't there. Not a lot makes sense in Edge Of The World so i wouldn't say that book is a good enough reference. The Hero of Brightwall was/is a hero but he is not of the Archon's bloodline. Clearly he did not fully represent all three disciplinesat a masterly level.
As for Theresa stating sh was the last hero, she was only referring to those in Albion right? If not it must be an inconsistancy as it would raise the question of "who killed Sythe?" haha
As for the three heroes, i just see it as something new that Lionhead through in there thinking we'd not notice -_-

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
And just because he uses gauntlets it doesn't discredit him from being a hero in f3. lol He uses will in Edge of The World without them.

Oh right! I completely forgot about that bit! Silly me... :S

However, Theresa (or was it Sol? Can't remember) mentioned in Journey that there are no more living people of the Hero bloodline, which was why they had to "make" new Heroes, hence Gabriel obtaining the gauntlets. So its unlikely that F3's Hero has a son or grandson that's still alive in Journey onwards (remember that Journey takes place 50 years after F3, so his son may be dead by then.). Again, I see another plothole. DAMMIT LIONHEAD.

Lonewolf2442

Reaction score
It could mean that Logan left ablion and there was no heroes or that the genes are dorment in Logan side of the blood line. This just popped in my head. What if Theresa's wish made sure that the blood line is reborn again? The dorment traits in Logan's children could become active or the Hero of Oakvale would be reborn again? Only the descandents of Black can use all three abilities. The wish could also just pass those abilities to someone new that would start a new bloodline also? :/

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Now that I think about it. I'm starting to think that Theresa is trying to take over the world...............sorry that was way out of proportion

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Now that I think about it. I'm starting to think that Theresa is trying to take over the world...............sorry that was way out of proportion
Well, she nearly ended Albion's civilization twice, the bitch. No wonder people thought that. She got Lucien to build the damn spire (which rsked the end) just to free the damn Crawler (which also nearly ended it all).. Sherisked it all, crazy blind witch! -_-

MazeisMaze

Rattus Rattus
Reaction score
Haha, maybe she's the king of blades!:troll: