• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

KONY

Azer249

Reaction score
So either way i expect a thread to come up about this soon so i thought ide get it out. Basiclly just watch this vid and it will do all the explaining, yes it's long but it's important. Just thought i'de share it with you guys and hopefully you will share it with your associates.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out ways to take action in furtherance of my beliefs and to assist in making the world a better place, and I've been realizing that I can't just take on everything at once. Maybe this would be a good place to begin.

Thanks, Azer. Good stuff.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score
I just wanna throw in the fact that Joseph Kony is fighting for a theocracy based around a firm belief in God. In my honest opinion I think that's BS on his part and not only is he terrorizing nations, but he is also defacing religious groups everywhere. Excellent call bringing this to the forums.

D3m190d

Your Future Emperor
Reaction score
Let's just hope it's gonna be more than ''I just signed on that site to increase our digital numbers. That'll show 'em.'' It's time to take action. And it may sound cheez(mcnast)y, along the lines of cliché films that preach about how every person can help change the world. But y'know what? It's true.

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
Easy fix: Send a SEAL team after the guy. Worked with that other guy.

Tsuyu

is wearing Queen's lace panties.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I was expecting something similar to brony.

Son, I are relieved.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
Easy fix: Send a SEAL team after the guy. Worked with that other guy.

Honestly, there's a lot of truth to this. I mean, it'd probably take more than the seal team that got Bin Laden, but I doubt the US military would have much of a problem getting Kony. In the video, did you see that Gaddafi was only 24th on that list of the world's worst criminals? The US government claimed they sent the military into Libya to free its people from this tyrant and wipe him out, but if that's really what the US wanted to do, why is Kony still out there? It's because there's no money in liberating east Africa. The government only acts in the interests of itself and this country's big corporate political campaign contributors, so they go into places like Libya where the oil is. I mean, I know the government sent in some troops to help with the Kony situation, but that was just to shut these people up. 100 troops is a good start, but it's definitely not enough. More military support for this region needs to be demanded.

Anyway, my point is that the government just doesn't care enough to send in a significantly useful amount of troops, which I think we can all agree is a bummer because they'd probably end up getting Kony without too many problems if they tried.

Phew, sorry, haven't had a rant like that in a while. Might be slightly off topic, but I needed to get it out.

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
The old me would have jumped at the chance to defeat evil and injustice anywhere. But I've become a bit more of a realist since then, the world spins in a certain direction, I can never change that.

Serenity: Accept what you can't change, and try to change what you can.

All I should be worried about is my life, my family, and someday my own family.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it but it's really starting to p*ss me off when girls keep putting up statuses every 10 minutes for attention. "KONY2012" "zomg guis he's a black hitler" "stop kony hehe i love attention".

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
The old me would have jumped at the chance to defeat evil and injustice anywhere. But I've become a bit more of a realist since then, the world spins in a certain direction, I can never change that.

Serenity: Accept what you can't change, and try to change what you can.

I consider myself a realist too. That's partially why I've realized I can't just try to take on everything at once, as stated above. But if you don't try, then it's a guarantee that nothing will change. Besides, this cause seems a lot more doable compared to something like revamping the entire global economy.

All I should be worried about is my life, my family, and someday my own family.

That's not being realistic, that's just embracing your self interested side.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for it but it's really starting to p*ss me off when girls keep putting up statuses every 10 minutes for attention. "KONY2012" "zomg guis he's a black hitler" "stop kony hehe i love attention".

So delete your facebook. ;)

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I consider myself a realist too. That's partially why I've realized I can't just try to take on everything at once, as stated above. But if you don't try, then it's a guarantee that nothing will change. Besides, this cause seems a lot more doable compared to something like revamping the entire global economy.

That's not being realistic, that's just embracing your self interested side.

So delete your facebook. ;)
Well not entirely, I have no crown and no one appointed me, but I do have a station in life, my life, and that's all I should be worried about, if I am supposed to be worried at all.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score
I was talking about this with some friends today. Can't honestly think of a case that was more purely good vs evil. There's no way to justify the thing this guy's done. Some of my friends think we shouldn't get involved, that we should be isolationist about this thing, and fine they're entitled to that. I just think that with all the stuff we're involved in and we don't know why, there's no reason we shouldn't send some troops out to get this asshole out of the gene pool. It's a minor commitment compared to our other foreign affairs and there's no complications regarding his motives, who trained him, or why we're out there. **** isolationism. I want the man off of my planet earth.

And it may sound cheez(mcnast)y,

I see what you did thar. :troll:

Zarkes

i7 gtx 3080
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
You bastard pig ****ers, the middle east jig is up, we need more stuff, we need any excuse at all to invade Africa, rich with resources. If we give them our blessing and save them it will cost them everything. rrrrghhhh.

Firis

Amateur Human
Premium Legend
Premium
Reaction score
I fully support Kony, he is an amazing man and Rush Limbaugh should die.

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
419404_10150624985583353_526523352_9167091_317557660_n.jpg

Come on guys, this is an absolutely terrible idea and I can't believe people are getting so damn swept up in it. Every single attempt to get Kony before has lead to even more people getting hurt, and ultimately failure (obviously). Making him this publicly known is just going to get Kony on the offensive and more people are going to get hurt. This should have been handled with secrecy so Kony had no idea that this would happen.

Food for thought: http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

The documentary was just desperate pulling at heart strings with absolutely no relevant information based on the conflict in Uganda. It's pretty much just meaningless propaganda. Not to mention that Invisible Children Inc's mostly pay for rich, privileged Americans to fly out to Uganda, gawk at how bad it is and then ultimately put them in more danger.

I obviously support getting this guy caught but this is stupid.

Azer249

Reaction score
Come on guys, this is an absolutely terrible idea and I can't believe people are getting so damn swept up in it. Every single attempt to get Kony before has lead to even more people getting hurt, and ultimately failure (obviously). Making him this publicly known is just going to get Kony on the offensive and more people are going to get hurt. This should have been handled with secrecy so Kony had no idea that this would happen.

Food for thought: http://visiblechildren.tumblr.com/post/18890947431/we-got-trouble

The documentary was just desperate pulling at heart strings with absolutely no relevant information based on the conflict in Uganda. It's pretty much just meaningless propaganda. Not to mention that Invisible Children Inc's mostly pay for rich, privileged Americans to fly out to Uganda, gawk at how bad it is and then ultimately put them in more danger.

I obviously support getting this guy caught but this is stupid.

I don't know what to think at the moment to be honest. I just put this up because i found it interesting, but still read this http://s3.amazonaws.com/www.invisiblechildren.com/critiques.html. It's a statement they put out in response to all of the hate. But yeah, as i said, i don't know what to think. I will wait for everything to clear up before i consider helping out via donating etc.