• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Left for Dead 2

bluetain

Reaction score
Hi Guys, I have recently been playing thro Left 4 dead 2 after maybe not playing this game in at least three years... The dlc is excellent and I believe it's also free on steam, my gripe with the game has to be the source engine. I love half Life, and have been hoping for a third episode in the series for a few years now, or even a remastered version of the original game, but can source handle it? I have heard about the source 2 engine coming into existence in the near future, but it has to be said source has been left for dead by far superior engine's ( forgive the pun) is source holding valve back from giving us some much needed and great games?

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
I'm gonna say it's more of Steam that's holding Valve back when it comes to giving us more great games. They are absolutely killing it with the Steam profits that if they wanted to, they could retire from game development and comfortably keep their business afloat without worry.

But I don't think that's what will happen though, because of Steam there's no rush for them to produce and thus they can take their time. They're not owned by any other publisher which gives them even more development freedom. So there's definitely no need for a worry, engine rebuilds take a long time, especially if Valve is going to attempt something wild such as a complete rewrite. Source vs Source 2 is just night & day, and that was awhile ago it was shown off, who knows how far along its come now.

I like to imagine there's a good reason they collectively halted all their games at number 2 right now, so when the new engine is finally complete and the rest of their games are along enough to be unveiled, Gabe can walk on stage and be all: "Portal 3 confirmed, Team Fortress 3 confirmed, Left 4 Dead 3 confirmed, and Half-Life 3 confirmed.... guess who just learned how to count to 3, bitches. *drops mic*"