• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legendary Swords And Their Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wrenchbender

Legendary Swords And Their Power

I recently beat Jack of Blades, killed my sister, and took the Sword of Aeons.
I was checking it out in my inventory, and it says it only has a damage rating of 230. I thought it was supposed to be in the 500's? Am I doing something wrong? Did I neglect to do something beforehand? Any advice from the experts would be appriciated. Thanks in advance....

By the way, I am playing Fable:TLC on my Xbox360.....

Spoiler Tags Added - Dark Drakan

D

dark_hart

Re: Why is my Sword of Aeons so weak?

wrenchbender;41729 said:
I recently beat Jack of Blades, killed my sister, and took the Sword of Aeons.
I was checking it out in my inventory, and it says it only has a damage rating of 230. I thought it was supposed to be in the 500's? Am I doing something wrong? Did I neglect to do something beforehand? Any advice from the experts would be appriciated. Thanks in advance....

By the way, I am playing Fable:TLC on my Xbox360.....

ok well, when I has the blade it was kickass even with the dmg rating still its pretty powerful but I do believe there is an even more of a powerful weapon called the bereaver or somethingo_O

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

The Sword of Aeons in the original Fable had an attack power of 500. Since in The Lost Chapters, there is more game left after you receive it, the developers toned down it's power. Otherwise, the game would have been laughably easy if they left it as it was.

W

wrenchbender

Devalion;41734 said:
The Sword of Aeons in the original Fable had an attack power of 500. Since in The Lost Chapters, there is more game left after you receive it, the developers toned down it's power. Otherwise, the game would have been laughably easy if they left it as it was.

Well now, that makes sense. I was looking foward to kicking some summoner arse with it, but I will just stick to the Solus Greatsword. Is there any chance later to bring up the power level? Just a yes or no please because I still havnt finished the game :D Thanks for the info Devalion!

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

Sadly, no, but that would be pretty sweet if you could! A sword you find later, The Bereaver, is pretty decent, and between that, the Solus Greatsword, and the SoA, you should be able to find a weapon that fits your fighting style.

weirdkidinabox

Eccentric Genious
Premium
Reaction score

wrenchbender;41737 said:
Well now, that makes sense. I was looking foward to kicking some summoner arse with it, but I will just stick to the Solus Greatsword. Is there any chance later to bring up the power level? Just a yes or no please because I still havnt finished the game :D Thanks for the info Devalion!

Bring up the level of what?

If its the Swords of Aeons then no, Im afriad not.

:ninja:

D

dark_hart

yeah it already has augamatations or w/e how u spell

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

If you Mod you can get Briar Rose's Sword which does 520 dmg and you can start the game with it. Sort of takes the sport out of the game but if you have already beaten it its fun to do it again with godly power MWAHAHHAHAHAH

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Ahh I just Use Thunders Sword V2. It does 400dmg that's enough for me...but then again I like using them all. It's not like I'm not powerful enough without it....

Everyone is. ^_^

D

dark_hart

I dont like using my sword I use my swords from the nether world instead :p

P

Panicpillow

lol yeah, youd actually think at the end of the game, theyd make the SoA Unstoppable [more so than it already is]

D

dark_hart

then why the hell is the bereaver more powerful!?!?! it makes no fudging sense the sword of JoB is less powerful, argh, gir im vicious!

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

dark_hart;41981 said:
then why the hell is the bereaver more powerful!?!?! it makes no fudging sense the sword of JoB is less powerful, argh, gir im vicious!

the bereaver isn't the strongest weapon. Solus Greatsword is with a damage of 314. The bereaver is only 285. I'm not too sure why the sword of aeons isn't all powerful. Maybe the weilder likes to torture it's prey before it dies, instead of a one hit kill..That's too boring for me.

Devalion

Glittering Generality.
Reaction score

I challenge anyone to find a stronger one hand weapon that you can aquire legitly than the SoA/ToA.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score

Despite its lower damage rating, the lightness of the Sword of Aeons gives it an edge above the bereaver/solus greatsword because of the speed with which you can parry and jab. Augmented, my bereaver is 314 damage, but I got hit too many times in between swinging it at enemies so I switched back the SoA for speeds and agility in combat.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Angel;42033 said:
Despite its lower damage rating, the lightness of the Sword of Aeons gives it an edge above the bereaver/solus greatsword because of the speed with which you can parry and jab. Augmented, my bereaver is 314 damage, but I got hit too many times in between swinging it at enemies so I switched back the SoA for speeds and agility in combat.

Yeah that's a good point, plus I'm like Sephi i like to play with my enemies first and torture them abit and not just want a one hit kill.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;42070 said:
Yeah that's a good point, plus I'm like Sephi i like to play with my enemies first and torture them abit and not just want a one hit kill.

Heeheee..:ninja: Playing with your prey is the best.

And I did find a weapon stronger than most weapons It's thunder's Sword Version 2. Damage of 400. But I enjoy my Nostro's sword. ^^' Heehee

D

Dekatt

Heh. I personally like summoning my Minion and Ghost Swords, then laugh as I only need to swing occassionally. It's even better when you have other do your work for you.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dekatt;42279 said:
Heh. I personally like summoning my Minion and Ghost Swords, then laugh as I only need to swing occassionally. It's even better when you have other do your work for you.
If you throw in Turncoat then you don't have to do a thing

Even with a Briar Rose's sword I find myself using the Sword of Aeons because it looks so cool and I end up healthier after long battles than with other sword I think thats the true test. It is fun some times having close to one hit kills when you don't want to be bothered by a long drawn out fight.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;42501 said:
If you throw in Turncoat then you don't have to do a thing

Even with a Briar Rose's sword I find myself using the Sword of Aeons because it looks so cool and I end up healthier after long battles than with other sword I think thats the true test. It is fun some times having close to one hit kills when you don't want to be bothered by a long drawn out fight.

Mm If I wants a one hit kill or not to be bothered I either run past them with slow time, or I'll take out ye olde Skorms bow or Ye Olde Harvester. :ninja:

Status
Not open for further replies.