• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Legendary Weapons Morph Via RtR

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
I noticed a Legendary Weapon will look like a generic Hero Weapon if you never upgrade Melee/Range on the Road to Rule.

For example: Gusket's Musket will never take on the form of a 'Bone-Rifle' if you never upgrade your Range on the Road to Rule.

So basically, every single Legendary Weapon is Generic from the git-go, and upgrade as you progress on the Road to Rule. Don't upgrade on the Road to Rule, you don't get unique Legendary's.

---

Now why does this matter? Well, if you're like me you would prefer the original appearance of your Hero Weapons. No runes, no elaborate handles, no blood, no glowy stuff. A simple wooden-stock and steel-barrel rifle, or simple steel longsword.

My theory is this:

1. Create a secondary account (assuming you already have a beaten-game) and advance until you arrive in Brightwall (note: do not upgrade any chests on the Road to Rule).
2. Accumulate enough Gold to purchase any preferred weapon in the Brithwall Blacksmith. In my case, a Rifle.
3. Save the game, and load up your primary save file.
4. Use a second controller to login using the secondary save file.
5. The secondary save file can then gift the primary save file a generic-appearance Rifle (or whatever weapon you purchased) without fear of having it evolve into some sort of magical wand+weapon hybrid.

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
You cannot gift the Hero weapons. Also, know that when someone receives a weapon as a gift, it alters itself to match their current level, not including the augments, of course.

tjbyrum1

That Asshole Son-of-a-Bitch
Reaction score
You cannot gift the Hero weapons. Also, know that when someone receives a weapon as a gift, it alters itself to match their current level, not including the augments, of course.

I know you cannot trade Hero Weapons, I never said you could.

And thanks for the info on the weapons morphing to the users level. DAMN IT!

Status
Not open for further replies.