• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Length of a day

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoffeeShopFrank

Reaction score
How long does a day in the game last? When I became king, it said I have a year to prepare for the invasion, and I want to make sure I use my time wisely.

Rachierae

Reaction score
the day wont end until you finish what ever is on your courts agenda. when you have 100 odd days lefts that is the LAST day you have to prepare and deposit funds.

Faedil

Reaction score
1 day in the game is approximately 20 real time minutes. however, the above reply is correct...your "days" as kind/queen don't end until you finish your agenda for the day. if you want to get some accomplished just don't finish all your "kingly duties" until you are ready for the day to end.

CoffeeShopFrank

Reaction score
So if I don't finish everything on my agenda, I can still mess around all I want and get enough money to prepare for the invasion? If that's the case, thanks for telling me, guys! HAPPY FACE.

Faedil

Reaction score
So if I don't finish everything on my agenda, I can still mess around all I want and get enough money to prepare for the invasion? If that's the case, thanks for telling me, guys! HAPPY FACE.

pretty much, yes. the game still cycles through days i think, going from day to night, but until you finish your agenda it doesn't cut to the next phase of your "year" as king/queen. i fooled around in Aurora for quite awhile when it sent me there as a kingly duty and messed around with my rent prices and repaired all my properties and such without much worry during that part of my game. however, i DID go into the part of the game knowing i needed A LOT of money. think i had 7 million before i started my revolution and took over for my brother.

CoffeeShopFrank

Reaction score
I took your advice, and I'm just messing around now. I'm going to buy every property I can before I move on so I can have enough gold to prepare. Again, thanks for the advice!

ScousaJ

ScousaJ
Reaction score
pretty much, yes. the game still cycles through days i think, going from day to night, but until you finish your agenda it doesn't cut to the next phase of your "year" as king/queen. i fooled around in Aurora for quite awhile when it sent me there as a kingly duty and messed around with my rent prices and repaired all my properties and such without much worry during that part of my game. however, i DID go into the part of the game knowing i needed A LOT of money. think i had 7 million before i started my revolution and took over for my brother.

Can I still use the Sanctuary?

David Dutton

Reaction score
There are TWO types of "days" in the game

1) "days" as in the game going from 00:00 back to 00:00. When that happens you pay your family upkeep. I think this is 15-20mins.

2) "days" when you are a king. Those "days" will NEVER advance until you finish your "daily decisions" So if you have 339 days till the attack, you can keep it there, FOREVER, and keep doing side quests, MP, etc until you go into the throne room, make the decisions, then usually do the "quest" that will "end" that "day" or time period.

Where you really need to be careful is when it says 121 (i think) days to the attack. It will JUMP from there to 1 (which is really 0). So don't do ANY kingly duties when it's day 1xx till the attack unltil you are 100% ready.

On another quick note:
People running around, FREAKING that they lack money.. or became king with low money.. DO NOT NEED TO WORRY... just hold off the story line AS LONG AS YOU LIKE.. earn enough $$ to make the decisions you want to make as king.. THEN move the story forward ;)

If you are out of quests (and don't have anything else to do in game), you can simply just repair all houses and business and leave your Xbox on and idle for like 7 hours while you work/sleep/school. Even with rent at LOW on everything... as long as you own everything ownable.. you will rake in about 70,000 every 5mins... or 840K/hr. If rent is normal on everything, that ammount is doubled... and you make about... 1.7M/hr. Don't worry if your xbox "pauses".. the game's internal timer NEVER pauses... so you can sit in the sanc or the internal menu and once you leave, you will instantly get all the money you would have normally gotten while playing about. This trick works WONDERS for people who have to go to work/school. Just remember, most houses go from 100% to 0% in about 10 hours. Also make sure, if you do this, to tell the xbox itself not to turn off after 6 hrs of inactivity ;)

Bowerstone industrial houses seem to drop faster... Also I noticed that the higer rent you charge, the faster the houses need repairing (not sure why they do that)

WUTBM

Reaction score
I at first didn't realise this, and was gonna mess round some more after dealing with Sabine in court, and then when the time came for The Attack, I'd deposit enough to fill the treasury. However, I got caught completely with my pants down and ended up with about 2m in the treasury when the attack came.
Feels bad man.

Aqana

Reaction score
I also rushed, thinking 170'ish days wouldn't jump straight to day 1. However when the portal appears you can still access the treasury book. Everything is grayed out but still interacts. So if you are willing to stand around for a couple hours and have the property to generate some cash, you'll eventually accumulate enough to donate. I think you can still access the sanctuary too, so you could go buy more property via the map and raise the rent to generate the money faster.

I was a little more than 2 mil short in the treasury. I get 100k every five minutes so I just went to my computer and started watching a movie and then ate lunch. Came back and voila had the money.

Dbigpimpslapper

Fable Fan
Reaction score
I at first didn't realise this, and was gonna mess round some more after dealing with Sabine in court, and then when the time came for The Attack, I'd deposit enough to fill the treasury. However, I got caught completely with my pants down and ended up with about 2m in the treasury when the attack came.
Feels bad man.

If you want to get that achievement ( Tough Love) .. start a new game :)

Status
Not open for further replies.