• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let’s reminisce.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
What are your favourite moments from your time on the forum? Are there any former/long-lost members that you miss?

I, for one, miss Mr Man. [thunbs up]

TRA Rotid

Päris geenius
Reaction score
Some members I kinda remember were cool? John Doe comes to mind. Walker is the coolest of them all, but I still bug him from time to time on FB.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I do miss Walker, his humour was a special kind of special.

I swear Tsuyu was abducted by Amazonian aliens who yell about SNU-SNU! At least he’s probably happy about that...

lee

-Hero of Knowledge-
Reaction score
As my main focus at the moment is working on a Fable Directer’s Cut Quest Guide I would have to say that Sephiroxas with her Items of Doom thread really inspired me years ago to take up the search. It’s pretty gratifying to know now that most of those items now have cut quests that we have found and how these items were intended to be used.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah my wife is pretty cool. :cool:

Reactions: lee

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah I’ve always been pretty keen to mention that part to other, newer Fable communities. We the straight OG, even if we do have a new name now. >.>

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
  • Getting to speak to some members of the old Lionhead crew and some stopping by to answer questions.
  • Angry Joe being one of the first 200 members here and posting his work before he made it big on Youtube.
  • I miss lots of the older members for sure (too many to name), had some great co-op sessions with some members too over Xbox Live and PC and some crazy chats over the old MSN Messenger.
  • The old MSN group chats were great, used to look forward to them.
  • Being included in credits of Fable II.
  • Seeing friendships and even relationships form here has been a bonus too, great when life bonds are being created on a forum we have come up with.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
  • The chatango. It was a mire of filth, but it was our mire and we loved it.
  • A list of members as long as my arm...even when we fell out repeatedly over things like religion or politics, they was good peoplez all the same.
  • When we had the time and patience to really think about our responses to trolls before banning them - I recall one from 2006 which involved prison, soap and a man called Sandra.
  • Getting to know my first real crowd of internet people that weren't all busy pretending to be someone else just coz they were online. Have made some genuine connections over the years and that's more than I can say for some people I (formerly) know IRL.
  • If I'm brutally honest, some of the most satisfying ban hammer wielding has been done on this site.
  • All the in-jokes that didn't exclude new people from joining in. That's rare.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
  • When we had the time and patience to really think about our responses to trolls before banning them - I recall one from 2006 which involved prison, soap and a man called Sandra.
  • If I'm brutally honest, some of the most satisfying ban hammer wielding has been done on this site.

There have been some that I have rather enjoyed too so not alone in that one.

Steve

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
Name
Steve
Cool idea for a thread @Ludna ! Some great responses so far and opportunities to reminisce. A few memories that spring to mind:
  • When we were still using vBulletin, a thread was completely derailed and became a sort of 'Reputation roulette' (Reputation being the post feedback system we previously used) and Reputation would be gifted out or taken away in the thousands based on ridiculous criteria that would change every five minutes. For clarity, Reputation points were previously rewarded in single or lower double digits based on forum activity. That thread effectively threw all that out of the window and people would leave with an insane amount of Reputation or massively in the minuses (an otherwise impossible feat). It was a lot of fun.
  • I really enjoyed doing a lot of stuff behind the scenes, writing guides and trying out new add-ons for the forum like the old arcade system. Investing in new features and templates like eXtremepixel's 'Applied' felt like opportunities to stir up the community and keep things fresh and buzzing.

Yeah I’ve always been pretty keen to mention that part to other, newer Fable communities. We the straight OG, even if we do have a new name now. >.>
We're still accessible via projectego.net tho (y) I'm still on and off trying to acquire projectego.com

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Getting to speak to some members of the old Lionhead crew and some stopping by to answer question.
Lionhead employees were genuinely always a nice bunch in my experience - I only met one who kinda rubbed me the wrong way. Playing Fable Legends with some of them was always cool and very nice to see them take time to engage with players.
Angry Joe being one of the first 200 members here and posting his work before he made it big on Youtube.
Oh yeah! I was gonna mention this one too. I wasn’t around back then but heard a lot about it. Sometimes I feel like trying to gain contact with him and be like “remember yer ol’pal projectego?” :ROFL:

The chatango. It was a mire of filth, but it was our mire and we loved it.
It’s fitting now that it’s filled with p*rno bots.
Getting to know my first real crowd of internet people that weren't all busy pretending to be someone else just coz they were online. Have made some genuine connections over the years and that's more than I can say for some people I (formerly) know IRL.
Love you too, baby cakes.
We're still accessible via projectego.net tho (y) I'm still on and off trying to acquire projectego.com
Need me to send round Giki-chan to seduce anyone? I’m sure she won’t mind, in fact... yep, she’s already on her way, blow-up doll in hand.

Walker

Ax-Wielding Nerd
Reaction score
Some members I kinda remember were cool? John Doe comes to mind. Walker is the coolest of them all, but I still bug him from time to time on FB.
I do miss Walker, his humour was a special kind of special.

I swear Tsuyu was abducted by Amazonian aliens who yell about SNU-SNU! At least he’s probably happy about that...
Quit talking about me like I'm dead!

Aside from Rotid I still talk to Arseface sometimes too.

I miss when I was here all the time instead of Twitter, but Twitter is dying, sooooo...

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Quit talking about me like I'm dead!
Why is this zombie talking to me? A Walker you might even say…

I still talk to Rotid too but I haven’t spoken to Arseface in ages. How’s he doing?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Nice to hear some of the older members are still in touch.