• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

List of known Fable 3 PC mods please

Robert Hamilton

Reaction score
HI all been searching Google for a few days now looking for mods for the amazing Fable 3. So far all I have been able to find are an xlive emulator and a slight graphics tweak mod. Surely there has to be at least a handful of mods for this awesome game! Could anyone provide me with a list of any known mods for Fable 3 and links or site names where to find them? Thanks

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
If there are any around then @Keshire is the guy to ask regarding mods.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
TH
HI all been searching Google for a few days now looking for mods for the amazing Fable 3. So far all I have been able to find are an xlive emulator and a slight graphics tweak mod. Surely there has to be at least a handful of mods for this awesome game! Could anyone provide me with a list of any known mods for Fable 3 and links or site names where to find them? Thanks

That's pretty much it. Without the source lua files there's not much that can be done other than texture changes. Somebody should go petition lionhead to release the uncompiled lua files. :)

xxNick

Prodigal Son
Reaction score
I can't remember a whole lot about Fable 2 and 3, but I do remember a lot of third party stuff. A modified KoreVM and LUA+ and Havok, less in-house studio and more studio-for-rent stuff. I suppose it's too much to wish for, a game that allows unlimited access and editing of scripts and assets in entirety as opposed to limited and difficult access to one or the other.

The magic formula for butt-tons of mods is a game that offers easier solutions to modding, that allows enough of the game to be altered in a manner that doesn't require Neo's Matrix vision, opening modding to a large enough community that you get enough activity and interest to keep the momentum moving for a decade. Sad to say that Fable, great game that it is, and especially its successors, of dubious quality and flavor, just don't satisfy that magical formula.

Keshire

Modder
Reaction score
I can't remember a whole lot about Fable 2 and 3, but I do remember a lot of third party stuff. A modified KoreVM and LUA+ and Havok, less in-house studio and more studio-for-rent stuff. I suppose it's too much to wish for, a game that allows unlimited access and editing of scripts and assets in entirety as opposed to limited and difficult access to one or the other.

The magic formula for butt-tons of mods is a game that offers easier solutions to modding, that allows enough of the game to be altered in a manner that doesn't require Neo's Matrix vision, opening modding to a large enough community that you get enough activity and interest to keep the momentum moving for a decade. Sad to say that Fable, great game that it is, and especially its successors, of dubious quality and flavor, just don't satisfy that magical formula.

There's probably a couple other things too, I don't remember if they used speed tree or not.

Also, don't forget Pluto for Lua. Fable 2 at least didn't use KoreVM, but they did modify the base lua to use a different magic number. That wasn't much of an issue as even I was able to recompile the Lua tools to decompile and compile new lua's for the game.

KoreVM made things worse by completely rearranging the opcodes and bitwise of lua. We can dissassemble the lua, but no one experienced has come in to write the new decompiler that's needed. And LuaDec is kind of a mess of code. And frankly if we did I'd be worried that KoreVM would come in and shut whatever forum down. It's been done before when the compression on Dead or Alive textures were cracked on Ninjahacker back in the day.

I can tell you now though that they will NEVER release the source lua. They exposed havok physics, xbox live, windows live, purchasing, and network code to lua. That's above and beyond Pluto and KoreVM.