• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Little Noobie FAQ

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score
Apple Pie's FAQ

So i saw many posts with FAQ and I thinked of starting my own.

Life resources for the whole game!

Do not spend your money on potions! Do the first 2 missions and then go to Bowerstone and talk to Derek - Marketkeeper and but the 214 Green Apples! They are really useful and it lasts so long! Don't forget to pay Derek a visit after a few game days and buy some more!

Best equipment for a Fighter/Spell Warrior.

Do the first 3 missions with your basic equipment!
After you finished them go to Bowerstone and the "Bright Leather" outfit and buy the "Obsidian Greatsword". Stay with this equipment until you kill the White Balverine.
Then to the optional quests: Trader Massacre , Trader Rescue , Hobbe Cave and the Sick Child.
Buy your Bright Plate Trousers and Bright Plate Boots from the Knothole Glade Armorer. In the arena buy your Bright Plate Upper thing and the Bright Plate Gloves.
After you finished the arena go to Bowerstone North and buy the Solus Greatsword!
After you do this you will have the best equipment.
Good Luck with your quests hero!
(The vendors are the same for the neutral and the evil armors)

Keep the Sword of Aeons?

NO! Do not keep it its not worth it you can get one powerful as the Sword of Aeons for free without murdering your sister!
Its called Avo's Tear!
You get it from the guild graveyard by reading a book and talking with a spirit!
And you will also get the Solus Sword <314> Damage!

(So after one year and a half of not playing Fable I am back in action!)

When and how to marry.

Most of the new players don't know when to marry, and its pretty much useless. But if you still want to do it just for the fun. Here is how so listen good.
You can marry almost at any time. But in the early game its just hard. Nobody knows you, and nobody finds you attractive. The basic way of doing this is simply by spamming the desired person with flirting and gifts. You will see a heart popping above the NPC's head. When it goes at the max. The NPC will have a green aura around it and it will usually say different stuff which has to do with marriage and wedding rings. Now it's the big day. After you give out a marriage ring to your loved one it will ask you the same question. "Will you marry me?" Accept and a nice cutscene will pop up. You can marry as many times as you want but you can not have "fun" with your wife. (FUUUUU). Also the easiest way to marry is at the end of the game. Where every women will want to marry you. W-T-F. (Wish I was that sexy. lol)

Legendary sword.

If you have been around the Temple of Avo. You have seen a group of douchebags trying to show their manliness by pulling a mythical sword out of stone. You can go try it. But you will fail. Alot. As far as I know you can only achieve it around the end of the game. And the sword is really great. Around 198 damage and its a lightweight weapon. So you swing it pretty fast. You do not need toughness but just to be a hero as the guildmaster tells you to be.

Legendary mace for free! (not really)

So you got that sword from the Temple of Avo, but you like maces? No problem you newbie. Go to the Temple of Avo and for the simple donation of tens of thousands of golds you will get the Sentinus. From Avo itself! Well it is not worth it but if you desire to collect the cool stuff. Then it is.

Bad deeds and Good deeds

Many of you know that Fable is not about finishing the game. But about how you get there. So you will obviously be affected by your alignment. There are two major Gods in Fable. Good and Evil. Skorm which can also be called as Satan in real life. Is the God of evil and has its own chapel located in Darkwood. Make people follow you until there and you can sacrifice them for evil deeds. There also is a reward other than having some horns and looking badass. If you go at midnight in the Chapel of Skorm and sacrifice people, you will eventually get the most powerful bow in the game. As far as I remember it is called Bow of Skorm. It deals a lot of damage and it looks awesome.
Now for the Good deeds. Go to the Chapel of Avo as I said up there in Witchwood near Knothole Glade and just donate. Well being evil is easier but you do not need to do all of this (do it if you want to be evil or good earlier). By the time you reach the final battle with Jack of Blades in the Guild. You can either drop or keep the Sword of Aeons. It will affect your alignment to the max.

Beating the arena boss.

So if you are stuck on the big giant clattering scorpion and pretty much get owned every time. Here's a quick guide on how to do it.
Until he starts to cast, you will have to stay away from him and dodge his charges. When he starts casting you will see a big green light in his eyes. Now its the time to attack him. Either with a bow or a sword just do it. Dodge the attack, and you can attack him more. Easy and simple.

Rent out your house?

Nope don't do it because you won't have where to sleep anymore and you get like 250 gold per week or day and it's useless and I recommend you not to do it but there are other ways to do money.

How to make tons of gold in just 20 minutes.

So after you finished the arena you will have around 73K gold. (if you used my guide)
Go to Bowerstone North and talk to the trader. (There is only one) Buy the diamonds from him and sell them again. Each time you do that you will make a profit of 4-5 K. Continue to do so and you will eventually in 15-20 minutes will get to 800k. This is either an error from the game or a glitch. You can do this if you do not enjoy trainers and you won't feel like cheating.

How to get houses that you can not buy.

Are you tired of the basic houses that can be bought?
Well follow this and you will get any house you want.

There are many ways to do it. Here are some:

1. Ask the owner to follow you in the other side of town/out of town/in his house. When nobody sees you pop an arrow in his head!
happy.gif

2. You can simply RANSACK the town and you will buy it all bu that sucks you shall do what i said up its a lot easier and you don't do bad deeds well just a little +10 Bad Deed but it wont hurt will it?

Like the weapon that the bandit chiefs own you with?

I think someone here likes that spiky bad ass weapon that bandit chiefs wear. It is called The Bevearer. You can get it from Necropolis by giving the Demon Door all your silver keys . I suggest to get only 1 key if you want to do this and after the end of the game you can start gathering the others.

The weapon has: Damage: 235, Augmentations: Yes, Weight: Heavy Value: ?!. So if you like it get it but at the end of the game
sad.gif

The final battle is not the end.

So many of you may feel sad that the game is ending, but it is not. After you kick Jack's ass you will see the Credits. Wait for the endless 10 minutes to finish and there you go. You are free to free roam (lol?) around Albion until the end of time, or until you get bored and start the game again.

Want to wear Jack's Mask?

After you defeat Jack the mask will start bribing you to wear it. If you are evil you will. And no you will not have incredibly awesome powers as it says. Do as I said up there and after the credits you WILL wear Jack's mask. People will fear you and you will NOT be able to remove or sell the mask.

Style Cards.

So you have seen that you get these things called Style Cards. You saw tattoos and hairstyles. You can use them at the local barber or tattooist. For example a barber is in the upper part of Bowerstone South and the tattooist is on the left in Knothole glade right as you enter.

How will alignment affect my appearance?

Let me explain this out.
Let's start with the Good alignment. When you are good, your hair will turn white regardless of age and you will have butterflies and a angel aura above your head. You will be more attractive and people will cheer you.
Now the Evil alignment. You will grow big horns out of your forehead, your face will look black, red glowing eyes and a red smoke will be around you, people will insult you and tell you to go away.
(I copy/pasted the ones from my part II post so I will not post-spam)

+rep if you don't mind.

Zjuggernaut

Just plain talented!
Reaction score
Re: Little Noobie FAQ

I don't play Fable but that's a pretty good guide for beginners. +Rep for you.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

nice guide. +rep

another thing you can do is as soon as you can leave the guild go to oakvale. you wont be able to stand up to some of the enemies along the way so just run like hell. once in oakvale your options for making money open up a lot. also you can use the trading system expliot to gain money (which is arguably cheating) if you can manage to save up about 10000 gold (its easyer than you think) you can buy all the shopkeepers emeralds and sell them back for a profit (10000 gold isnt enough to buy all the emeralds but its enough get enough to turn a profit. save befor you do this just in case you dont have enough money to profit). rinse and repeat and you will be rolling in gold befor you know it. you can then return to the guild and buy a master longsword (it will be way over priced but its the only place available to get it for a while).

also, if you managed to fight your way to oakvale you should have a fairly decent amount of XP for some upgrades. you may also wish to get Skorms Bow and possibly Wellows Pickhammer (or whatever its called) on the way if you dont mind getting the evil points.

using this stratagy you can (if you want to) fight the wasp queen with Skorms bow, Master longsword (or hammer or one of the few other master weapons the shopkeeper has, or a master longbow if you dont want Skorms) and a few hundred thousand gold (or more) in your pocket. you can also go get whatever armor you want.

I highly recamend buying the houses in oakvale and bowerstone and renting them out ASAP. there is a shack behind the pub in bowerstone you can sleep in for free without breaking the law so time will go buy and you can collect rent. also in oakvale the shack on the beach (with the pirate goast and chickin kickin) is free and legal to sleep in if you bought the oakvale house. you may want to buy a house first and use the rent money to use the shopkeeper exploit. the oakvale shopkeeper isnt the only one who will do this, you can do it with any shopkeeper who has an excess of some product and will buy them back for more than you paid. this exploit is well know enough that Im not going to elaborate on it, look it up if you have to or ask someone if youv never heard of it. I can explain it if someone wants but I dont think I have to right now so I wont. its bound to be on here somewhere.

anyway, with these powerful weapons and cash in hand you will be pwning the compitition and gaining tons of xp right off the bat. this way you wont stuggle and can really enjoy all the customisations the game has to offer.

R

RedFox

awesome, i'll keep that in mind next I play the game.

Apple Pie

BOOM! Headshot
Reaction score

New tips have been put up. Have fun learning the stuff newbies!