• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Making friends - and keeping them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
How do you juggle 20 people for the achievement? It seems as soon as I hit around 17 friends, one suddenly drops off the counter and I have to remake it again. Starting to get a bit tedious managing all these NCP's that I really don't care for.

Any tips?

Shadowfiend

Of eternal agony, etc.
Reaction score
Just play through the game as a bastion of goodness and virtue, then make all the 'good' choices as king. People will automatically become your friends all over Albion without you having to actually interact them. If that doesn't work, then you'll just have to put in the time to make them all like you. That's the way I did it. It sucks, but it's possible. I discovered the effects of being a good king much later (and used it to upgrade weapons.)

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
It hasn't worked like that for me - I have to manually make 20 friends for it to count. Just trying to keep them all happy for long enough is such a ball-ache...

MisterKittie

Reaction score
what i did was on a freshly made character right after i got done with the dweller camp missions, i simply went to brightwall and spoke to 5 store owners and got their friend quests, NOTE:since there was only 2 places to go from brightwall(mistpeak or dweller camp)it was VERY easy to finish the quests in a fast time. Then once all 5 were complete, i went to dweller camp and befriended 5 villagers, did the quests and then went back to brightwall. This time around i just befriended any random villagers i could find and did their quests. if your keeping score im at 15 friends now. then i just returned to dwllers camp and found the last 5. NOTE:the only problem i had was on my LAST visit to the dweller camp i did lose 1 villager on the tracker...but losing 1 is much better than losing like 3 or 4. but i think i lsot the dwller due to the fact that theres so few people residing in the dweller camp to begin with. Also i think the reason brightwall is good to start with store owners. i dont think you can realy lose store owners friendship as quickly as regular villagers, just a hunch but it seams as though iv never lost a store owner as a friend. Hope that helps by the way im not saying you HAVE to start a new character im just sharing my method :) good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.