• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Mark Webley..

JFitzgerald

Lionheart
Reaction score
Anyone else kinda hoping that Webley will bring it home for us fans, and hopefully knock out a Fable game that actually does the series justice?

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Hoping that Peter has taken the obsession with Kinect and gimmicks with him and the remaining members of Lionhead take note of the things that have gone wrong with the games down the line. Hopefully they have taken the criticism aboard and come back and reinvent the title as the RPG title it started as but never quite got to the heights it wanted to.

JFitzgerald

Lionheart
Reaction score
The thing is, i didnt really mind the fact that Peter hyped Fable up too much. The actual game without all of the features he mentioned was still amazing in my mind. I dont think he thought about the fans too much after the first game though, as he would have realised we loved the setting, the lore, and the whole story. But instead he jumped us forward 500 years, forgot half of the backstory, and dumbed the game down so much it was hardly recognisable. As for Fable 3, the only thing i can take out of that as a positive is some of the supporting characters, like Walter and Ben Finn.... but thats probably because i like Simon Pegg.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The thing is, i didnt really mind the fact that Peter hyped Fable up too much. The actual game without all of the features he mentioned was still amazing in my mind. I dont think he thought about the fans too much after the first game though, as he would have realised we loved the setting, the lore, and the whole story. But instead he jumped us forward 500 years, forgot half of the backstory, and dumbed the game down so much it was hardly recognisable. As for Fable 3, the only thing i can take out of that as a positive is some of the supporting characters, like Walter and Ben Finn.... but thats probably because i like Simon Pegg.

As an ideas man and motivational speaker there was no doubt Peter was one of the best. Just a shame that for one reason or another they never quite managed to live up to the hype or pull off those ideas as well as they hoped. I think he just wanted the series to move too fast and seemed to want to keep pushing it rather than let it expand under its own momentum. Then when they couldnt make the ideas as expansive as they wanted they started to trim things to make room for gimmicks rather than expanding on ideas and things that didnt quite work. Rather than evolving it and making it work they seemed to give up and strip things and chop and change the series to go in a different direction, so much so it was no longer an RPG which says it all.

JFitzgerald

Lionheart
Reaction score
expand under its own momentum
That pretty much hits the nail on the head in my opinion... If they had left the story to it own devices, created a sequel that wasnt set so far in the future, and with so many features that werent quite fully developed, i think we could be looking at a very different franchise right about now.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
That pretty much hits the nail on the head in my opinion... If they had left the story to it own devices, created a sequel that wasnt set so far in the future, and with so many features that werent quite fully developed, i think we could be looking at a very different franchise right about now.

Guess we will have to see what the future holds for the Fable series. We have put up with a lot over the years and we have always been here talking about the games and the series in general so the community have been patient. Its about time we all witnessed that patience pay off.

JFitzgerald

Lionheart
Reaction score
Yeah, but if it doesnt, dont be surprised if you see me start a riot through the streets of Guildford, ending at Lionheads offices and reciting every book from Fable to Mark Webley until the lore is burnt into his mind and he has no choice but to put out another game!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Yeah, but if it doesnt, dont be surprised if you see me start a riot through the streets of Guildford, ending at Lionheads offices and reciting every book from Fable to Mark Webley until the lore is burnt into his mind and he has no choice but to put out another game!

We have tried most things so its worth a shot.

Devil Keyz

Tha Producer From Hell
Reaction score
funny thing is if they had mod support for fable 3 it probably would still be booming today...

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
funny thing is if they had mod support for fable 3 it probably would still be booming today...

Definitely, don't know why they were never accepting of it with open arms. If they embraced the modding communities like Bethesda has for example, offered full support and released modding tools, the PC scene for Fable 3 could've been very prosperous today. Instead they release it one day, then forget about it the next.

J_onny

Reaction score
I always imagined that Peter would say something to the press and the entire development would roll there eyes and spend the next few months moaning about how the could be doing more important things than endlessly bug testing a hand holding system that Peter promised.
Hopefully now Lionhead can concentrate on core game mechanics and storytelling rather than gimmicky over hyped features.