• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Marrying Elliott/Elise issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniacal Ash`

Reaction score
I wanted to marry Elliot in my second play through because I didn't do the quest correctly in the first try and never got the option to do so. I finally found the "Kidnapped" quest to start the progress towards marrying Elliot, dude says to give him time to split with his fiance and I went off to do random stuff to make time pass.

However ...

Now I can't seem to locate him. I did searches online to see where he'd be hanging out and I read he could be located in either Bowerstone Market or Industrial area after a few days passed in the game, or after doing a few quests. I can't seem to locate him (on my map OR in either area) and wondered if my marital status had anything to do with it? If it *does* factor in, could I divorce my wife and make him appear *then*? Or could the reason he is not showing up be because guards are after me in the town he's supposed to meet me in? (This might be a permanent glitch in my game, not sure yet)

Assuming I ever DO find him & marry him, would he/does he find out if you marry someone else in another town?

~@sh

AWD Drift WRX

Reaction score
It should come up on top of the screen saying to find him, as if it was a quest( which it is). The location for Elise is in front of the Orphanage. I am sure it would work the same way.

As the martial status playing a role, I would actually doubt that.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
After a few days a message saying to meet Elliot pops up on the top of the screen, he should then be stood outside the orphanage(the same building you first talk to linda at). I don't think already having a spouse effects this and he will only find out about them if you put him in the same region as them.

enactment11

Chicken Rebel
Reaction score
The name of the 2 quests are "kidnapped" where you FIND that person and you MUST tell that person to dump Laszlo/Linda. Then after a while you should get the "Lost Love" quest outside the orphanage.

Faedil

Reaction score
the game says he will appear after a "few days" but in mine it took longer than that. in previous fable games (and this one so far) they only find out about another spouse if you place them in the same region where they can run into each other OR if you interact with them (like having sex) in view of your other spouse. go do a few quests and progress through the game a bit more and the quest for him should appear

SebClem

Reaction score
I completed the kidnapped quest and later became king, then it popped up as a quest? Maybe you need to overthrow before it comes up? x

I was married and married Elsie (then divorced my other woman, some common as muck woman!)

andymac525

Reaction score
sorry to hijack ur thread but i am having trouble as well. i finished out the quest and waited for 3 days and found her but it is saying i need a wedding ring but i have one. two actually cause i went and bought one lol. any suggestions anyone?

Monrizzo

Swagger Stick.
Reaction score
I have a similar problem though it's most likley a glitch, I have the quest and everthing to meet her outside of the orphange. However she isn't there, nor here or over there! Also the gold trail is of no use since that also disappears.

SebClem

Reaction score
Maybe try sleeping for 3 days? Might pop up then?

GrimBaggins

Hobbit for hire.
Reaction score
i totally forgot i saved him, then while i was on my way to murder alan in the riveters rest for some random side mission i ran in to him inside the pub!

Ankhesenpaaten

Wounded Orb
Reaction score
I wonder, desperately, actually, if I lower my moral standing to upgrade a weapon, will he ever divorce me? Sounds silly, but I adore him and don't want to lose him - yet I need to do some evil things.

Will he really leave me? Or will he stand by my side no matter what?

EFDisaster

Reaction score
I married Elliott with my evil female character. He's kind of a pussy, to be honest. I tried my best to keep him happy, but if I had recently gone on a killing spree before visiting him, he'd have a sort of schizophrenic reaction to me... screams and "oh no!" and "I do not like that" and such along with the typical good reactions, like having a gift, and good reactions to positive expressions... sex was especially amusing

Anyway, at some point, I moved him to the castle, and then killed a couple people while I was in the castle, and even though our meter was somewhere in the "happy" zone, it was enough to make him leave... fortunately, I was chasing him out the door when I noticed that the castle was available to buy, so I didn't end up losing it, which I hear is a common bug.

Ankhesenpaaten

Wounded Orb
Reaction score
Ha! Well, I guess that means I can lose HIM but still get the castle! :)

EFDisaster

Reaction score
Ha! Well, I guess that means I can lose HIM but still get the castle! :)
yeah, apparently, if you leave the area after getting divorced, you sometimes can't buy the castle back... which is a hassle, if you're still mid-game...

But, I managed to keep Elliott for a long time, with a fully evil character, just by keeping him happy with high upkeep and lots of nice expressions and NOT killing anyone in the same area that he's in.

CuteKnight12

Reaction score
I Messed Up Being Good, Went In Debt, Every One Dead, Coming Back... After Battle I Found Elliot In My Castle And He Said I Don't Know How We Can Work This Out And Left. Then A Thing Popped Up Saying 'Your Husband Divorced & Left The Region' Can I Get Him Back?

Also It Said My Children Did Not Have A Nanny & Went To The Orphanage. Can I Get Them Back?

HELP!!!!

Fairfax King

Reaction score
its never happened to me, but I highly doubt you can get them back

CuteKnight12

Reaction score
I Tried My Best. I Sleep Over & Over For 25 Min To Get People Back & I Get My Baby Boy & My Adopted Cute Wonderful Daughter Taken From Me To The Orphanage & DISAPPEAR??!! And Elliot Leave The Region!! And Walter Dead Is Just Icing
On My Dumb Game Cake!!! :'(

FiliusMartis

Reaction score
You cannot get your spouse back unless you happen to be extremely lucky and find him wandering around Albion, as occasionally happens. Your children should be at the orphanage in Bowerstone Industrial. If you have turned the orphanage into a brothel you will need to obtain the key near the bar to unlock the upstairs room where the orphans are. They may also be outside on the street.

Lydia777

Proud Spammer of Will
Reaction score
I married Elliott with my evil female character. He's kind of a pussy, to be honest.

ROFL

Strange enough, whenever I had a female character, I always chose Elliot even if he is a bit of a wimp. I'm such a sucker for childhood sweethearts.

destroythesaints

"Tatty-bye!"
Reaction score
I was married when I did that certain quest. It didn't seem to affect my game. Huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.