• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

master flintlock pistol or red dragon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

red komodo

master flintlock pistol or red dragon?

im having a hard time decideing wich one is better. the master flintlock has 87.0 damage with no special augments but the red dragon does 41.0 damage (not as much) but has special augments. I dont know whats better and need another opinion.

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score
Re: master flintlock pistol or red dragon?

Red Dragon ftw!

Noctus

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score

Try both, see which works best for you.

You're an individual. Use your own judgement.

U

ultimakey

i personally like red the red dragon better cuz it shoots fast when aimming and its name is the red dragon

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

Pros and Cons of each

Master Flintlock-
Pros
- High Damage (a bit obvious)
- You can choose your augmentations and If you have Knothole Island DLC you can get a four-slotted one
Cons
- Much slower than Red Dragon
- You have to Buy the augmentations

Red Dragon -
Pros
- Extremely fast (quite possibly the fastest gun in the game)
- Already has good augmentations (and you don't have to buy them)
Cons
- Less Damage
- Some people would prefer better augmentations

I hope this helps.:ninja:

Edit: I prefer Red Dragon because I can kill almost anything without getting hit when I'm using it.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

at first I thought that the red dragon was the best gun in the game but recently Iv taken a huge likeing to master flintlock. if you have the strengh ablity "combo attack" you can reload faster by pressing "Y" at the right moment. mastering this can make using a master flintlock very fast. obviously not as fast as red dragon, but fast enough to get the job done. really its a matter of personal preferance.

red dragon= kill something quickly with multiple shots.

master flintlock= kill something quickly with 1 or 2 shots.

with max dextris styles you can quickly kill just about anything with headshots with a master flintlock. the same can be done with rapid fire from red dragon but you dont need the dextris style.

Dr KillJoy

Dark Paladin
Reaction score

I would prefare Red Dragon simply because it looks cool and is actually a decent gun to have in your inventory

Black Phoenix

Amatuer Buddhist (:
Reaction score

put it this way
if you were to compare GTA 4 weapons with Fable 2 weapons
the red dragon would be GTA 4's one handed semi-automatic Tec 9 uzi

so yeh red dragon fer sure :)

Shirosaki

The Hollow Within
Reaction score

I use legendary weapons because I can't be bothered making my own custom one. They all do the same job, after all.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

I switch between both but I only usually use the Master Flintlock for sniping balverines while they're perched. Plus, I've made it extremely crazy.

S

Striken7

I use the Master Flintlock; works great in the Colliseum where it only takes 1 head shot to kill 99% of the enemies.

J

JAB993

I like the Red Dragon because it it shoots faster and what not. There are already augments attached to it but if you don't like the augments, you can use the augment remover, which i think you get in Knothole DLC, to make it even more powerful with the augments of your choosing.

Sephiroxas

Local Succubus
Premium
Reaction score

I love the master flintlock :wub: I don't know how good the red dragon is however, because I keep getting one point off the score.

HeroOfCrapsalot

Dean Gullberry
Premium
Reaction score

JAB993;298505 said:
I like the Red Dragon because it it shoots faster and what not. There are already augments attached to it but if you don't like the augments, you can use the augment remover, which i think you get in Knothole DLC, to make it even more powerful with the augments of your choosing.

The legendary weapons can't have their augments removed because of the mystical bonding from when the weapons were forged.:ninja:

Little_Sparrow

Hero of Skill
Reaction score

whatever floats your boat. Personally i like the red dragon cuz its weak damage makes up for itself with amazing speed, accuracy, and deadliness. They didnt make it difficult to obtain just to **** u off ya know.

D

DDX

well I have a ghoul, and lucky charm augmented flintlock pistol with my "speed" stat maximized. It does damage a lot better than the red dragon, meaning less shots to the head/groin/hands.

M

Manguy17

i customized the flintlock for the collosium, golden touch ( since theres lots to kill ) and ghoul so i wont die, but for the random bandits and such running about i use red dragon, even if you decide to use that i would keep flintlock for shooting range

Lord Lucien

Mayor
Reaction score

Definetely the red dragon. May not be as damaging but the RoF and ammo capacity is amazing. It's a legendary weapon and I can kill a lot faster with it in my experience.

C

Cyanide Slushie

i prefer my flintlock, with combo and max speed, it shoots near as fast as the RD, but kills in 1-2 shoots, where as the red dragon kills in 3-4

Status
Not open for further replies.