• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Melee Combat Idea

Jeremiahthebrave

Reaction score
Hello everyone, first time on these forums. Just wanted to share an idea i had for, not necessarily a change to the way melee combat is, but difference in how it looks.

The idea i had involved style points. You gain these points after combat, depending on how you fought. These points can be spent to unlock certain counter attacks, boosts in speed or strength, and the way your hero's stance with their weapon.

There are three different areas to spend these points

Strength- Hero makes great use of the flourish attacks, standard strikes are slower but more damaging, has a wider stance (think of Fable 1 hero stance) Offensive Style

Finesse- Hero makes great use of chaining one attack to the next, standard attacks are faster and less damaging, flourish is a thrust, has a more of a fencing stance. Mix of Offense and Defense

Defense- Hero is more of a blocker than anything, attacks and flourishes are weaker, more damage off of striking after a successful parry, Stance with weapon in front using both hands. Defensive Style

Well, that's just a rough draft of it. I had a lot more at one time, but i can't remember half of it.
What do you guys think?

GhostlyIcicle

I'm so lazy that...
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing that. As long as it was done in a 'Fable-y' kind of way.

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
A very similar version of this was in Fable II. After every battle, when you collect the experience orbs, it will give you a certain bonus percentage of extra orbs depending on how well you fought. But that was very basic.

Just like GhostlyIcicle, I wouldn't mind it, as long as it doesn't change the melee TOO much. Its Fable's combat, and it shall always be like Fable's combat.