• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
The highly anticipated MGS V was originally set to release on PC two weeks later than its console counterpart but as of yesterday the platforms will release simultaneously on September 1st. The PC pre-order package comes with a free Steam copy of Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes, a collector's video with behind-the-scenes footage, and DLC that includes a Venom Snake emblem and Mother Base staff. As well as 4K resolution support, extended graphics settings, and custom soundtracks as well as Steam Trading Cards.

The PC version of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain has a new release date of September 1st, 2015

Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain System Requirements

Minimum:

• Processor: Intel Core i5-4460 (3.40 GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
  • Memory: 4 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 650 (2GB) or better (DirectX 11 card Required)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card
Recommended:
  • Processor: Intel Core i7-4790 (3.60GHz) or better; Quad-core or better
  • Memory: 8 GB RAM
  • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 (DirectX 11 graphic card required)
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Hard Drive: 28 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c compatible sound card (Surround Sound 5.1)

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
Hah, looks like I'm in the clear then. Was a little concerned it might require slightly more than GZ, but looks like it'll be identical. Won't be getting it on day 1 though as there's other stuff in my queue for now so it'll be awhile for me (though the pre-order bonus sure look nice). But I did try out GZ for a bit and was pleasantly surprised at its attention detail, really fun entry. I'm still a little butthurt over the David Hayter thing, but Sutherland does a fair enough job.

Precipice

Reaction score
Physical retail disc containing a steam installer is certainly one of the most humorous things I've seen a games developer/publisher do.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Physical retail disc containing a steam installer is certainly one of the most humorous things I've seen a games developer/publisher do.

Why bother with the disc at all? Might as well just put a code in the box for the digital download.

Precipice

Reaction score
Why bother with the disc at all? Might as well just put a code in the box for the digital download.
Boxes aren't cheap, could have had a cardboard card with a peel-off sticker. You can go a step further and not bother having anything physical to begin with.
It's vexing. I cannot figure out why they would do this. I can't imagine any context, any possible scenario, where this is a successful maneuver on their part.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Boxes aren't cheap, could have had a cardboard card with a peel-off sticker. You can go a step further and not bother having anything physical to begin with.
It's vexing. I cannot figure out why they would do this. I can't imagine any context, any possible scenario, where this is a successful maneuver on their part.

Boggles the mind, heard of physical boxes containing codes but weird to have box AND disc for a digital download. Seems a whole lot of wasted time & cash to me.

Gikoku

Smells like poo.
Town Guard
Reaction score
It honestly feels like Konami is fully aware of their douchebag & anti-profit actions and yet fully embraces it as well. They literally wasted money on the PC retail version, those disc prints aren't free and would've cost them nothing to just release the game digitally or sell the codes online. Incredible, what a middle finger to all those people with horrible internet service.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
One Of Metal Gear Solid V's Most Important Story Scenes Was Cut

Rumors have suggested that Konami was unhappy with how much money Hideo Kojima spent on his most recent epic, which might explain why one of Metal Gear Solid V’s most pivotal story missions isn’t actually in the game.

Fans who bought the Collector’s Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain found that the bonus disc contains footage of a deleted mission, made up of concept art, narration, and half-finished cut-scenes. Now, of course, footage of any sort of deleted scene would’ve been a nice little bonus for fans who dished out extra money, but this isn’t just some optional throwaway scene—it’s a pivotal story mission that continues from the end of the game and gives resolution to plots that remain unfinished in the fifth Metal Gear Solid.