• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Military ID Granting "Powers"?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Military ID Granting "Powers"?

Okay, so basically I have a friend who is arguing with my brother right now, and I'm totally with my brother on this one. My friend Jason is saying that if you have a military ID, you are granted special "powers". ie. being above the law, and having power over policemen. Now, what I think is that when you are off duty you are just another civilian with a piece of I.D. He is also saying things like that if you have it you can take the place of a policeman, which I can only take a guess at and say no.

So, all in all, does having a military I.D. grant you special privileges like being above the law?

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Re: Military ID Granting "Powers"?

Thanks John. :)

Now here's another question: He says if you are on living on a base, you can do things like speed up to 20 MPH over the speed limit, get your requisition officer or whatever to write off your tickets, etc. But only if you are living on a base.

I doubt it, but I need your expertise again. :p

and +rep.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score

Okay thanks. I had a large feeling it was just bull****, even when my brother calls out bull****. I just couldn't put it through my mind how you could just do that **** with a military ID. I really gotta find some friends who don't tell bull****. :lol:

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

When I read the title, I thought that they finally developed the technology to grant enhanced natural abilities to soldiers. (Similar to Final Fantasy 7)

Needless to say I was disappointed.

cheezMcNASTY

Edible in some countries
Premium
Reaction score

in the states at least... people with a military I.D. are done a LOT of favors (according to marine heresay). i can't site specifics, but i was told some woman in the national guard was pulled over speeding over 100 mph on the highway and let off with a warning... but all i have to report is heresay, which pretty much reduces it to worthless.

my friend does have the ability to get out of pretty much any legal troubles just by calling his recruiting officer. recruiting officer shows up, and he's off the hook. right now it all looks cool, but he's shipping off for boot camp tomorrow so we'll see if his attitude changes over the next 7 months...

Daemon300

Premium
Reaction score

droded;392953 said:
When I read the title, I thought that they finally developed the technology to grant enhanced natural abilities to soldiers. (Similar to Final Fantasy 7)

Same.

Stupid friend problems...

Benjamin510

God of rose returness.
Reaction score

droded;392953 said:

How do you think I feel? I was going to make a movie out of this! Till I read the Thread.

Wonderfoole WINO

Schizoid Misanthopist
Reaction score

Military ID

Strength +1
Endurance +1
Agility +1
Charisma -2
+10% resist magic

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score

Come on guys, old thread.

Ranger

Legendary Swordsman
Reaction score

I know this is an old thread, but a perfect one for me to answer. I am in the military and therefore carry a Military I.D. It does not give me any kind of special treatment. In fact as a member of the RAAF I am expected to always act professionally etc etc.

I joined when I was seventeen. So I had a Military I.D before I was 18 years of age. The pass did not allow me to buy anything that you needed to be above 18 for, i.e alcohol and cigarettes.

It might be different in the US but here in Australia we get no special treatment, nor should we.