• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Molyneux at GDC 2007

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score
Molyneux at GDC 2007

Lionhead just posted this announcement about Peter Molyneux's appearance at the GDC

Update: GDC announced the final date, time and location for Peter Molyneux's speech about Fable 2. Peter will be talking on March 8th from 12pm in Room 3001, West Hall. More info about it here.

Read the full Post here
Lionhead Studios News / LH Times

This is the link to the speaker profile at GDC
https://www.cmpevents.com/GD07/a.asp?option=G&V=3&id=188017

Thanks to Steven Senior Member at alterego.net for posting this info

S

shadowpark

Re: Molyneux at GDC 2007

nice..im so pumped for that

F

FableFreak

I live near San Francisco, I would love to be let in to the Game Developers Conference... and being the a$$hole that I am I would charge money for information on it.

J

Jester.

meh most of that has been repeated before.,.......but nice find i gusse..
EDIT: however i cant wait to hear FACTS on fable 2 and teh 1337 zomg secret

"The secret is so awesome and mindblowing that I cant tell you...thats how awesome it is."
rofl

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Interesting, nice to know the date and time of the conference so we can go info searching afterwards :ninja:

+rep for making this thread.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Dark Drakan;49654 said:
Interesting, nice to know the date and time of the conference so we can go info searching afterwards :ninja:

+rep for making this thread.

That's my exact thought. I hope there's a video

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Albion Knight;49666 said:
That's my exact thought. I hope there's a video

Im sure there will be as it beats reading a 9 page interview guide etc.

J

Jester.

if there isnt a video thated be quite ga...lame having to read like what a 8 page interview thingy off of ign which shepi said isnt always trustworthy anyway.

*actuly i saw that thread with the guys claimming to have been playing fable 2 that it had come out where they where living....*

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Jester.;50186 said:
*actuly i saw that thread with the guys claimming to have been playing fable 2 that it had come out where they where living....*

Yeah i saw that a while ago, all fake obviously.

S

slik

It was probably some dude thinking his Fable TLC was the Fable 2 everybody was talking about. I've seen people mistaking them often and it's quite frustrating after you read a huge post and then realise it wasn't the real Fable 2.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

slik;51805 said:
It was probably some dude thinking his Fable TLC was the Fable 2 everybody was talking about. I've seen people mistaking them often and it's quite frustrating after you read a huge post and then realise it wasn't the real Fable 2.

Welcome to the forums and normally id say you had a point but i read that thread and the person claimed to have The Lost Chapters aswel and still said he also had Fable 2 obviously a flat out lie.

L

LionHeadTex

Nice find..Fable 2 is sounding and seeming to be better every time I listen or read an article concerning it :cool:

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

A bit more info, not much but a bit

Fable 2 Information Coming In March

With a more specific reference to the lecture itself Lionhead have revealed that:

"This talk will centre around revolutions in Fable 2...[and] will examine how key game play elements have been refined and expanded. It will also look at what inspiration was drawn for the original game and what lessons were learnt from Fable.

The processes used to arrive at these design decisions can be applied to a broad spectrum of genres and so are relevant to a large sector of the development community. Plus Peter Molyneux has promised to reveal a totally unexpected feature in Fable 2."

There is no doubt that the talk is going to be an interesting one, a lot fans are anticipating answers to long-held questions such as will their be Co-operative play? Fable 2 currently stands as the one of the most anticipated titles of 2007, a fact that will no doubt only be strengthened by this key speech at GDC 2007.

Fable 2 Information Coming In March - Gameworld Network news story

S

Spartan-088

god, finally an update on the game. its been awhile. hopefully he will announce some new stuff.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score

Spartan-088;55548 said:
god, finally an update on the game. its been awhile. hopefully he will announce some new stuff.

Yeah just afew weeks and we should have more details.

PS Welcome to forums can introduce yourself here if you wish:

Introduction Thread

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

Spartan-088;55548 said:
Welcome to the forum Spartan I'm hoping for a release timeframe like fall 07

Orpheus Lupus

The Pretty-Okay Doctor
Reaction score

Eh, I'm hoping for a release timeframe like "As Long As They Darn Well Need" myself.

And welcome to the forum, fellow new person.

Admittedly, I can hardly wait for the GDC...

V

Varc

I'd tend to agree with Orpheus, in saying we should give them as long as they need. On the other hand, however, heres to hoping they won't need very long and we'll see the game before the coming of next winter, or around that time. If you asked me, the wait for information in march seems too long as is.

Albion Knight

Premium
Reaction score

I think it was George Lucas who said "It's called a release date for a reason. It's when you let it go. If you you don't set a date you can keep working on it forever" I'm paraphrasing but they could keep working on Fable through the end of 2008 or 2009. It could keep getting better all the while adding new stories new plot lines enriching game play incorporating new technologies that haven't even been developed yet. They probably have an internal release date in mind. I'm hoping, as Varc was saying, that that date isn't too far away and in fact close enough to give us a general time frame like Fall 2007. If they need until Fall 2008 so be it I'll wait

droded

I Am Awesome
Premium
Reaction score

How long were they working on Oblivion?