• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Monster Hunter World

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
3344534-monster-hunter-world-review-promo-1-2.jpg

Ive never played any of the games in the Monster Hunter series before but really like the look of this installment and its being praised highly in lots of reviews.

Anyone here been playing it and have any thoughts or tips to share with fellow players or new players thinking of getting into it?

Review Roundup (will update as I go)

GameSpot -- 8/10
IGN -- 9.5/10
Eurogamer -- Essential
GamesBeat -- 90/100
Destructoid -- 9/10

Monster Hunter World tips to help you excel in the hunt

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate on my 3DS and it was really fun for what it was. I'm really interested in this open world take on the game. I'm gonna wait a bit on it though. The next game on my list at the moment is DW9 and I gotta get my open world hack'n'slash hit!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate on my 3DS and it was really fun for what it was. I'm really interested in this open world take on the game. I'm gonna wait a bit on it though. The next game on my list at the moment is DW9 and I gotta get my open world hack'n'slash hit!

I have added this to my list but will likely wait for PC release later in the year when they have ironed out some issues & when I should have some more free time. Unless of course anyone buys it me for my birthday, though my backlog is pretty large right now I am making progress at least.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I have added this to my list but will likely wait for PC release later in the year when they have ironed out some issues & when I should have some more free time. Unless of course anyone buys it me for my birthday, though my backlog is pretty large right now I am making progress at least.

Was that a hint? That sounds so much like a hint. :lol: “Please Queeeeen, buy me Monster Hunter :'(“

My backlog is pretty huge myself. I massive sin bin of games that are gathering dust as we speak. Sad really.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Was that a hint? That sounds so much like a hint. :lol: “Please Queeeeen, buy me Monster Hunter :'(“

My backlog is pretty huge myself. I massive sin bin of games that are gathering dust as we speak. Sad really.

:lol: More a hint to the wife though doubt she would read this unfortunately.

Yeah I have had games for gold building up every month, Humble Bundle games every month, other free game deals I’ve posted in my thread and that’s without the games I’ve actually purchased separately on Steam and ones I’ve recieved for Christmas etc. Got Dishonored 2 still in wrapper from 2 Christmas’s ago and just haven’t had time to play it.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
:lol: More a hint to the wife though doubt she would read this unfortunately.

Yeah I have had games for gold building up every month, Humble Bundle games every month, other free game deals I’ve posted in my thread and that’s without the games I’ve actually purchased separately on Steam and ones I’ve recieved for Christmas etc. Got Dishonored 2 still in wrapper from 2 Christmas’s ago and just haven’t had time to play it.

Omg dude! You need to play Dishonoured 2! Shame on you sir! Shame on you!

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Omg dude! You need to play Dishonoured 2! Shame on you sir! Shame on you!

Same thing happened with Dishonored and when I did play it eventually I loved it and felt ashamed it had taken me so long to get round to it. I shall make some time when backlog has cleared a little and been working my way through shorter games to thin herd. Hence why ive been reluctant to get Monster Hunter World at moment and want to wait for PC version.

Quistrix

yer maw
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Same thing happened with Dishonored and when I did play it eventually I loved it and felt ashamed it had taken me so long to get round to it. I shall make some time when backlog has cleared a little and been working my way through shorter games to thin herd. Hence why ive been reluctant to get Monster Hunter World at moment and want to wait for PC version.

I try not to worry about it too much. Just play what you want; when you want. Otherwise gaming just becomes a chore and that's not what gaming is meant to feel like imo.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
I try not to worry about it too much. Just play what you want; when you want. Otherwise gaming just becomes a chore and that's not what gaming is meant to feel like imo.

Yeah I have to be quite economical with time and been trying my best to play most of the highly rated games Ive heard about just so I can talk to people about them while people are still into them. Otherwise by time I get to play them and share experiences with people, they have long moved onto other games.

Just cant keep up however so ive just been playing through games that appeal to me most and working my way through those, though some games I love (The Witcher III) have had to be put on back burner for now as they were eating up hundreds of hours. I played nothing else for about 6 months and missed some gems in that time so now working my way through shorter games & will go back to it.

Dark Drakan

Guildmaster
Town Guard
Premium
Reaction score
Monster Hunter World Is Now the Fastest Selling Game in Capcom's History

After reports that Monster Hunter World had been flying off the shelves, with five million copies shipped in the three days following its launch. Capcom has also reported that units shipped have just reached the 6 million mark, making it the fastest selling Capcom game to date - and that's just on consoles. The PC launch is still coming in Autumn 2018 and its momentum looks to continue until then with it receiving worldwide acclaim with 91% review average on PS4 & 93% on XB1.​