• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

More thinking..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
Ben Finn leaves notes all around - pieces of his autobiography. I think that's what they are referring to.

I see. Well... I just did most of the quests on my first playthrough and stopped after that. It was too much of a disappointment. However, I want to get all the achievements so I've gone ahead and played through again so I guess I'll try and catch those.

Rudimentree

Reaction score
I see. Well... I just did most of the quests on my first playthrough and stopped after that. It was too much of a disappointment. However, I want to get all the achievements so I've gone ahead and played through again so I guess I'll try and catch those.
I remember there's at least one in the resistance hideout which describes a bit of his childhood on a table somewhere, but I never did find all of them.

MaleficRaven

Reaction score
I remember there's at least one in the resistance hideout which describes a bit of his childhood on a table somewhere, but I never did find all of them.

Ah, I see. I'm sure someone posted the locations of them all somewhere, it's just a matter of doing a bit of research. Either that or blindly running to and from places in the hopes of finding them, haha.

Aruu

Reaction score

There's one on one of the tables in the pub in Bowerstone Market. There's another in the Resistance Hideout, and there's one at the Fortress. They make for some amazing reading, especially with Simon Pegg narrating.

You can read the letters here if you want. It's the third one that mentions the death of the current hero monarch.

DiamondFlair

Reaction score
I found the HQ one, plus there is one in the Castle library on one of the tables. Have to go check those other two out. I think there are at least 6 laying around the place.

Theres some other cools notes too. Letters from Arthur are quite common insulting people. I found a Logan speech in Bowerstone Industrial.

Aruu

Reaction score
I love Arthur's note to Logan (found in the war room, I believe). He basically insults him, then doesn't sign his name. :D

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
said:
This speculative book explores a subject many believe to be hard fact, though not as many as those who believe it be complete horse manure; the existence of immortal beings in modern-day Albion. What is beyond dispute is the existence of arcane texts that mention the power made available to the Archons, rulers of the Old Kingdom, by the most primal demons and gods, which would grant them eternal life. According to those who believe these legends, the Hero who went by the name of Scythe would not have been a mere necromancer, but one of the Archons. If the theory is correct, there could be dozens of immortal beings passing themselves off as normal people, or hiding from mortal eyes. It is they that the sect known as the Immortalists spend their lives seeking, in the hope that the power will be bestowed upon them too.
Theresa got her immortality off 'primal demons and gods', then? Primal Shadows.. Primal demons? Shadows.. > the Void? Theresa... > the Void? ^_^
I dunno. If the Hero of Oakvale was immortal I'm sure he'd have appeared in the two latest existence-threatening situations of Fable 2 and 3, so I'm pretty sure he's dead. And Homestead in Fable 2 states he lived out the rest of his days there. And for the Hero of Bowerstone, he's pretty dead aswell.

Yourtey

Reaction score
the hero of oakvale was the best hero. IMO.

its never stated how Theresa lives so long. but descendents of the Archon are rumored to be immortal, meaning they cant die from old age.

i want to play as the hero of oakvale again, who knows what happens after he defeats jack in dragon form. maybe scythe visited him and took him somewhere and all the members of the family are gathering somewhere.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
I think that Theresa's grand plan is simply to make sure Albion survives, I mean she can see the future so she would have foreseen the crawler (and possibly some other more powerful creature of darkness), but she would probably have seen it/them destroy albion, so she needed the Spire to know how to stop it/them. And if there was a more powerful creature of darkness then I reckon/hope that Albion is going to get dragged, kicking and screaming, back to the age of heroes and magic. So I think the whole series might be connected like this Fable(TLC) as setting up what it needs (Theresa, Heroes, Albion and possibly the 'supreme darkness'), Fable 2 as Theresa's preparation (i.e the spire), Fable 3 as surviving the first attack (and making sure Theresa's pre-spire visions didn't happen), Fable 4 as a battle that ultimately destroys technology and Fable 5 as the final battle and the return of the Guild

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
I think that Theresa's grand plan is simply to make sure Albion survives, I mean she can see the future so she would have foreseen the crawler (and possibly some other more powerful creature of darkness), but she would probably have seen it/them destroy albion, so she needed the Spire to know how to stop it/them. And if there was a more powerful creature of darkness then I reckon/hope that Albion is going to get dragged, kicking and screaming, back to the age of heroes and magic
but theresa warned sparrow of the threat 50 years before his son.
so wouldn't sparrow have been able to amass the gold for an army over 50 years?

Mastperf

Reaction score
The Hero of Oakvale killed Theresa with The Sword Of Aeons and she escaped the void and became immortal. There, now we know the truth.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
except she wouldn't have known what needed to be done to save Albion until after she got the spire, or she could have been more concerned with getting sparrow on the throne

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
Why need gold anyway? You're the monarch. You don't need gold, you need resources.

Dracelix

Paladin
Reaction score
except she wouldn't have known what needed to be done to save Albion until after she got the spire, or she could have been more concerned with getting sparrow on the throne
yes, but she got the spire at the end of f2, and theres a 50 year gap until f3, so its probably at least 30/40 more years sparrow was alive for that he could have spent towards building an army.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
yes, but she got the spire at the end of f2, and theres a 50 year gap until f3, so its probably at least 30/40 more years sparrow was alive for that he could have spent towards building an army.
but we don't know when sparrow became king, for all we know he could have been crowned less than a year before he died

Mastperf

Reaction score
You guys are looking too deeply at Lionheads writing. You have 1 room and 15 monkeys pounding away at typewriters. That's the only possible explanation I have for their handling of the Fable storyline.

atlantiantokra

Reaction score
yeah it's a bit rough, but I'm pretty sure that PM said that he had Fable 5 already planned so there must be some connection between the games, and if it is a decent, well written overall story (the individual stories are a bit weak granted) then all the hints should already be there but we won't notice half of them or see what they mean until the final game

Mastperf

Reaction score
The story from Fable 1 was incredible but the rest have been pretty horrible in comparison. The choices like destroying the Guild, killing the Heroes and destroying Oakvale pretty much sucked all of the magic out of it for me.

handsdown65

A Smart Fella
Reaction score
That's probably why the games suck.

If they've sat down and said "2 is about building the Spire, 3 is about the first invasion, 4 is about this, etc.."
Then that really sucks. They should make sure each has a good, seperate story.. Spend a couple years on the game at least. Then think about future releases. Instead of making them all suck up 'til 5 effectively killing off their fan base and only have 1 good game.

Still, I'd probably buy all the games. -.-

Yourtey

Reaction score
thats beacuse we want to hope that there is some connection in this story and not a bunch of random crap..

Status
Not open for further replies.