• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Most Forgettable Day Ever

Arseface

Look at me still talking when theres science to do
Premium
Reaction score
You're probably all too busy playing Fable III to even remember how to use the internet right now, let alone read my petty rant. I'll put it out there anyway.

I just had the most ****ed up day ever. It all started early in the morning, when I woke up at 5:30. Unable to return to sleep, most likely due to my anticipation for Fable III, and anxiousness for my Principle Study exam, which I knew I wasn't ready for, I got up and began passing the time on the forums. I had asked my mother the night before if she could wake me up an hour earlier, due to me wanting to catch an earlier train, so I could get to my exam early, and hopefully get some practice in (I would have been early anyway, but too much practice is never a bad thing). This would have required me to get up at around 7:30. Around exactly that time, my dad opens the door to my room and informs me that I should have my shower now. What he doesn't inform me of is that there is no hot water.

So, I have my cold shower, get out, and get dressed. Now, my dad rides his bike to the train station, and my mum drives me there, since she needs the car the rest of the day, so he leaves about 20 minutes earlier than me (it being only a ten minute ride/5 minute drive, he gets there slightly earlier than me anyway). Shortly before arriving at the station (one street away, in fact), I get an SMS from my dad. It reads as follows:

"They'vee changed the timetable... It's leaving now..."

Ok, so I've missed the train. No big deal, I was going to be pretty early anyway.

A matter of time passes and I arrive at my exam relatively unscathed. I perform ok on my exam. I have to go back and do a couple of things, but otherwise I got a decent score. After the exam is over, I want to ask one of my teachers what score I got for yesterday's theory exam, but he get's a phone call before he can tell me. I wait around for him to finish the phone call, keeping in mind that I've got to catch a bus in about ten minutes. After a few minutes, he finishes up, and I ask him. I made a silly mistake when answering one question, but otherwise it was pretty good. That's cool, I pretty much expected that.

Now, I rush outside to make sure I don't miss my bus, but when I get to the bus stop, I remember that the timetables have changed, and I missed my bus by about a minute. The busses run in half-hour intervals, which mean's I don't have to wait too long for the next one, so I can live with that. The next one, however, is about five minutes late (which is generally forgivable, but you'll see why it was so annoying in a minute).

One thing you should know about my commute: I have to take a regional train, this means that, whilst they are more comfortable than the metropolitan ones, they are also a lot more intermittent, usually leaving every hour or so. As I get to the station, I realise I missed my train. By a ****ing minute. I go to check the timetable, and discover that the next train which stops at my station comes in two hours. A two hour wait is frustrating at the best of times, but when Fable III is sitting at my house waiting to be played, it was infuriating.

So, I begin waiting on those uncomfortable wooden seats that they have, with my only form of entertainment being my iPhone. Unfortunately, it seems Steve Jobs happened to accidentally put a battery out of a digital watch from the '80s in my iPhone, instead of the regular iPhone battery, so that decides to die on me with about an hour's wait to go.

When my train FINALLY arrives and I FINALLY manage to get the bus that takes me to my house (somewhat miraculously, considering my previous luck with public transport), all I can do is think of how much I deserve to relax with some Fable III. But guess what? When I get home, I discover that it's either not been delivered yet, or it's been stolen from my mailbox.

TL;DR: FML

As you were.

Skotekal

Sheeple President
Premium
Reaction score
Well, I think life just **** all over your face. And smeared it around.

zmalt

Morte Mercante
Reaction score
6a00d834515b2069e201053605c23c970c-800wi

I'd play it for you... but I don't know how to do that on a forum.

Necromancer

Pokémon Master
Reaction score
I'd be ****ed about the last part more than anything. That's why I'm picking my copy up myself tomorrow. But really, it's probably just late. That seems to happen a lot, and not just with games.

At least you didn't do terrible on your test though.

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I'd be ****ed about the last part more than anything. That's why I'm picking my copy up myself tomorrow. But really, it's probably just late. That seems to happen a lot, and not just with games.

I would have loved to be able to pick up my copy, but no, JB Hi-Fi have to post it.

At least you didn't do terrible on your test though.

True, it could have been a lot worse. I just find it to be a remarkable coincidence that so many things went wrong, but all the important things still turned out ok.

PhilistineEars

yep, definite Lurker
Premium
Reaction score
Who did you **** off at the public transit authority?

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I do have several outstanding fines with those people. Maybe that has something to do with it.

Angel

Down with this sort of thing
Guildmaster
Town Guard
Reaction score
I feel for you - it truly does suck when you have to use public transport. To make you feel marginally better, at least it wasn't BRITISH public transport which is about as efficient and useful as a chocolate teapot. And I'm assuming it wasn't raining and you weren't then stuck behind some old dear with her bus fare in one of those little plastic coin bags all in loose change. Who then proceeded to take about twenty minutes to count it out exactly for the driver whilst you stood there getting soaked. And then she recounted to make sure it was right for another few more minutes. And then took the last available seat. whilst clutching a copy of Fable III...

Arseface

Premium
Reaction score
I feel for you - it truly does suck when you have to use public transport. To make you feel marginally better, at least it wasn't BRITISH public transport which is about as efficient and useful as a chocolate teapot. And I'm assuming it wasn't raining and you weren't then stuck behind some old dear with her bus fare in one of those little plastic coin bags all in loose change. Who then proceeded to take about twenty minutes to count it out exactly for the driver whilst you stood there getting soaked. And then she recounted to make sure it was right for another few more minutes. And then took the last available seat. whilst clutching a copy of Fable III...

Well, Australian public transport is basically a rip off of British public transport, especially since we've just bought and implemented your whole Oyster card thing (is that the right name? We call it Myki here).

But yeah, it could have been worse. It would have all been alright if I'd had Fable III waiting for me when I got home, but alas, these things haven't happened..