• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Fable Experience..

littlesparrow

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm back..not sure what my username was back in the day but I was a member here when this site first launched..all the way back when the first batch of screenshots were released..me and my brothers were just kids spending the summer days talking and fantasizing about Project Ego while we were doing our summer job weeding a strawberry field..the screenshots to us were unlike anything we had ever seen, totally captivated it's all we could think about..

Years later after many delays the game finally came out..it was a much different product than it first promised..Morrowind was closer to what I originally thought fable would be..but it didn't matter, I was hooked..loved the first fable..never had a chance to play TLC as my original Xbox burned out..Fable 2 was alot of fun as well but like the first one once you finished it there wasn't really any incentive for me to play through a second time..

So I finally got Fable 3 this past christmas..and despite some annoying flaws(like the expression system, or the not so great weapon morphing) I'm freakin lovin this game, I don't know how someone in their right mind would finish it in under 20 hours...I've just become King and already put in about 30 hrs..Married to 4 different wives, 4 kids, and have 4 STDs..I own over 20 houses and shops..just had my evil(or so I thought) brother executed and am promising the world to the people of Albion..Im working multiple jobs, raising rent prices, and breaking and entering homes to try and get every last coin to pay off the national debt while also maintaing good relations with the people and making sure that there will be a big enough Army to protect the land when D-day arrives in 343 days..

I love the decision making I get to make after working my way to the top, being able to be a King in a game is a brilliant invention..one that I would like more of in Fable 4..I wanna start off as a kid like in the first Fable..struggle to make it as a teen..I want more adventuring and more scenerios like getting thrown into prison or spending years away from family to serve the militar like in Fable 2..
But also want the ability work my way up and rule good or evil factions or guilds making decisions that could alter the way farms and cities are built..
I want to be a farmer myself harvest moon style, growing it into an epic chain feeding albion, set all the food prices..have people working for me in realtime..ability to hire mercenaries or hitmen (anyone play scarface)..etc..etc...

I could go on for another ten pages..bottom line is I love fable..wish it was a tad more realistic (in physics and more freedom to go exploring and OPEN world with less loading screens)..wish there was more normal activities that impact the game and people..more epic battles and in overall I want a much more difficult experience that really rewards you for putting in the time to build up your character in physique, financially, romance, and skill..
I want real time scars..broken limbs....

Cheers everybody..Im gonna pop open a budlight and continue my rule as King.

littlesparrow

Reaction score
Well I accidentally finished the main story last night and was ****ed...
I didnt know that the quest after 104 days was the last one, I still had over 3 million dollars that I wanted to donate to the treasury..now barely over a million people survived the attack!

Not sure if I should start over with another character or just go with it .I normally dont like going through games more than once..

Heres an idea..
Why dont they make the start of fable 4 depend on the choices u made in fable 3?

Whatever, I doubt lionhead visits these boards anyways..

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well I accidentally finished the main story last night and was ****ed...
I didnt know that the quest after 104 days was the last one, I still had over 3 million dollars that I wanted to donate to the treasury..now barely over a million people survived the attack!

Not sure if I should start over with another character or just go with it .I normally dont like going through games more than once..

Heres an idea..
Why dont they make the start of fable 4 depend on the choices u made in fable 3?

Whatever, I doubt lionhead visits these boards anyways..

Well, join the club, friend. We were all shocked and ****ed when our counted jumped a hundred days. But don't worry, those people will spawn back in several days, and they won't remember a thing.

Really the only reason you'd want to go back and play another character is to see the effects of the other choices, and to get more weapons for that achievement. I got bored on my fourth playthrough (and that's saying something, what with the literal dozens of times I've played TLC and II).

I'm sure if there will be a Fable IV, it should be able to read your old save. Unless Lionhead wants to be more of the prick people are calling them.

And I doubt they come here at all. There was a reason they shut down their own forum.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I have completed Fable 3 eleven times :blink:
On my latest character, i have 203million gold :shifty:
I did complete everything in under a day. It is poorer than the other Fables but I can play it with my eyes closed and it is always a thrill to find what legendary weapons I feel obligated to upgrade ^_^
I have played the game more than I have played ES Oblivion! which is worrying... :ermm:
The game is damaged and I have been tapping my xbox from side to side every time i turn it on and every time i fast travel to Bowerstone Market for 6 months :w00t:
I too have grown up with Fable. And you know, after all these years and weeks of playtime, I never did manage to get that damn Frying pan weapon :'(

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
I have completed Fable 3 eleven times :blink:
On my latest character, i have 203million gold :shifty:
I did complete everything in under a day. It is poorer than the other Fables but I can play it with my eyes closed and it is always a thrill to find what legendary weapons I feel obligated to upgrade ^_^
I have played the game more than I have played ES Oblivion! which is worrying... :ermm:
The game is damaged and I have been tapping my xbox from side to side every time i turn it on and every time i fast travel to Bowerstone Market for 6 months :w00t:
I too have grown up with Fable. And you know, after all these years and weeks of playtime, I never did manage to get that damn Frying pan weapon :'(

Dog, you must have an awesome attention span!
Honestly speaking, though, Oblivion took me a bloody long time to finish, whereas Fable III only needed about 15 hours to complete.

Did you manage to find all 6 treasure clues in Fable?

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Yes, but one of the dig spots never worked.. made me sad 'cause i'm a completionist :'(
And Oblivion along with the expansions take weeks to complete! ^_^ I became obsessed! :w00t:

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
Well, you could just dig the frying pan up. But its a useless frying pan without the 6 clues.