• Welcome to the Fable Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Fable series and video gaming.

Register Log in

My Story Concept For Fable 4.

Rad

Old Name: Zencidal
Premium
Reaction score
Edit: i know this isn't really well structured, i'm not writing a story here, it's the concept i had in mind

This is just one of the ideas that came to my mind.

I'd say this would be set maybe 50 years after Fable The Journey.

It all starts of with the Sear of the Spire Theresa. The spire is still up, citizens of Albion have wondered what the structure was but nobody was really brave enough to go through the trouble to see what exactly the spire was.

Theresa achieved the power to see the future as we find out in Fable 2, but as the years past her visions become more faded, and she's able to see less and less of the future through out the years so at this point she can only see a small glimpse, from whatever powers she has left, she senses that there's going to be a great threat to Albion once more, but her powers were so limited that she can't really see what exactly the threat would be or how the events would unfold.

She begins to go deeper and deeper into the spire, finding out its true powers, hoping that if she learns its full potential, she'll be able to have a clear sight of the future. She is unsuccessful at regaining her powers back but her effort and energy activated the other function of the spire, the function to Resurrect a being.

As we find out from The Journey, there are no more born heroes, that heroes have to be made.

Theresa was able to revive the hero's that have once fallen during the time when the citizens of Albion rebel'd against the heroes and burnt down the heroes guild, which ultimately led to the death of most of those heroes.

These heroes have awakened with no memory of who and what they were before, they seeked answers, and ended up learning about their true potential and powers. One specific hero who's figured things out, believed that he should be the one ruling Albion as he believed he was more superior than the current governing force over Albion.

He began to find other heroes who were more confused and began to manipulate them and make them believe that joining his force was the best thing to do, as he was almost building this small army of heroes who have no clue of their past and willingly began to believe him.

Theresa begins seeing this and because none of them hold any hero artifact like the heroes seal, she isn't able to connect to them or communicate with them, she disguises herself as a traveling fortune telling gypsy and goes out into Albion, she ends up meeting a hero who wasn't recruited yet and informs them of what's going on and convinces them to join her cause.

That was more of a back story of what's going on, NOW this is how the game would begin:

You are a young soldier on the bowerstone force, you've been trained in the arts of melee and ranged combat for a while, this is your first week serving your duty as being a night guard at the kings castle in bowerstone. Now bowerstone has advanced quite a lot and things were beginning to clear up.

This is the night the kings castle ( the king is not a hero as this was 50 years after journey when there was no bloodline left) is attacked by the band of heroes manipulated heroes led by the unnamed leader. You see your fellow guards being killed and slaughtered by these heroes , you're very confused as you see that they are using the power of will and that hasn't been seen in Albion for many years. You make an escape from the castle, you successfully end up escaping and reaching a small tavern in one of the small towns nearby, this town is mostly populated by gypsies. there you try and tell everyone that bowerstone is being attacked by will users, nobody believes, until this old women approaches you who turns out to be Theresa, she tells you to meet her at the specific location she gives you and tells you that she'll explain everything

(Ultimately what happens is you meet her, she explains everything, from the help of her and the hero she recruited, you end up learning the ways of the hero through hard training, once you're ready, you and the hero go out to stop the corrupted heroes. )

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
It sounds unlikely..
Fable 3's story is far from over.. There were references to The Void, Minions and The Children..
We have already seen 3 of the Blades; Knigh, Jack an Queen, but what if there were a King Of Blades? What if the Void was to open up again and a hero must defeat the last member of the Court?
We have met something called the Shadow Court in Fable 2 and the central member was referred to as "King" and looked like the "Anti-Theresa. Fans speculate if he is a member of The Court.
The Curruption is the antagonist in Fable: The Journey.. What was the Spire's first wish? To purify a world of "Curruption". Even the cutscene in Fable 2 depicts what looks like "The Darkness".
I think the story will continue from the expansion pack where Albion wants democracy and the world will modernise into present day and the King Of Blades will come and enslave Albion.
Who knows
ps: Fable:The Journey is NOT cannon.

Samterry97

Reaction score
Edit: i know this isn't really well structured, i'm not writing a story here, it's the concept i had in mind

This is just one of the ideas that came to my mind.

I'd say this would be set maybe 50 years after Fable The Journey.

It all starts of with the Sear of the Spire Theresa. The spire is still up, citizens of Albion have wondered what the structure was but nobody was really brave enough to go through the trouble to see what exactly the spire was.

Theresa achieved the power to see the future as we find out in Fable 2, but as the years past her visions become more faded, and she's able to see less and less of the future through out the years so at this point she can only see a small glimpse, from whatever powers she has left, she senses that there's going to be a great threat to Albion once more, but her powers were so limited that she can't really see what exactly the threat would be or how the events would unfold.

She begins to go deeper and deeper into the spire, finding out its true powers, hoping that if she learns its full potential, she'll be able to have a clear sight of the future. She is unsuccessful at regaining her powers back but her effort and energy activated the other function of the spire, the function to Resurrect a being.

As we find out from The Journey, there are no more born heroes, that heroes have to be made.

Theresa was able to revive the hero's that have once fallen during the time when the citizens of Albion rebel'd against the heroes and burnt down the heroes guild, which ultimately led to the death of most of those heroes.

These heroes have awakened with no memory of who and what they were before, they seeked answers, and ended up learning about their true potential and powers. One specific hero who's figured things out, believed that he should be the one ruling Albion as he believed he was more superior than the current governing force over Albion.

He began to find other heroes who were more confused and began to manipulate them and make them believe that joining his force was the best thing to do, as he was almost building this small army of heroes who have no clue of their past and willingly began to believe him.

Theresa begins seeing this and because none of them hold any hero artifact like the heroes seal, she isn't able to connect to them or communicate with them, she disguises herself as a traveling fortune telling gypsy and goes out into Albion, she ends up meeting a hero who wasn't recruited yet and informs them of what's going on and convinces them to join her cause.

That was more of a back story of what's going on, NOW this is how the game would begin:

You are a young soldier on the bowerstone force, you've been trained in the arts of melee and ranged combat for a while, this is your first week serving your duty as being a night guard at the kings castle in bowerstone. Now bowerstone has advanced quite a lot and things were beginning to clear up.

This is the night the kings castle ( the king is not a hero as this was 50 years after journey when there was no bloodline left) is attacked by the band of heroes manipulated heroes led by the unnamed leader. You see your fellow guards being killed and slaughtered by these heroes , you're very confused as you see that they are using the power of will and that hasn't been seen in Albion for many years. You make an escape from the castle, you successfully end up escaping and reaching a small tavern in one of the small towns nearby, this town is mostly populated by gypsies. there you try and tell everyone that bowerstone is being attacked by will users, nobody believes, until this old women approaches you who turns out to be Theresa, she tells you to meet her at the specific location she gives you and tells you that she'll explain everything

(Ultimately what happens is you meet her, she explains everything, from the help of her and the hero she recruited, you end up learning the ways of the hero through hard training, once you're ready, you and the hero go out to stop the corrupted heroes. )
I personally love this idea, its obvious you have thought long and hard about it. But what i would want to happen is completely different. I would much rather them create a prequel to Fable 1 as i prefer the setting 100% and i like the fact that your not the only hero.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
You're not the only hero afte fable 1, but you are sometime before fable 2 :)
An Old Kingdom game would be amazing, but unfortunately, i think they will carry on until the 20th century setting :/ i can't imagine running around with an smg or sniper though ;|

I personally love this idea, its obvious you have thought long and hard about it. But what i would want to happen is completely different. I would much rather them create a prequel to Fable 1 as i prefer the setting 100% and i like the fact that your not the only hero.
My King Of Blades theory would be an awesome story concept too and it is highly likely :)

Drew1630

Reaction score
I haven't been in on the Fable series and didn't even really know what they were about until I started playing Fable 3. I was instantly hooked. I know a lot of you don't really like the game but I guess I find joy in the simple things in life. I do have a few questions though. What is up with the gauntlets? Do they, themselves, give the hero magic? Or does it only enhance it or something? If they give the hero powers than is it possible that they find away to manufacture these gauntlets for the greatest soldiers since Albion is advancing? I read a little bit about the first Fable and I would love the idea of there being more heroes to team up with or compete with. The problem with that is I also love the sort of Industrial period that they have going on with Fable 3. So here's my proposition. The game starts with the son/daughter of the Fable 3 hero (Childhood play included, I heard about that from the first one and I would love that too, plus customizable character) Who eventually grows up to take over the throne. The new hero takes over as a young monarch and (If this idea of manufacturing gauntlets for the best of soldiers works out) One new "manufactured" hero sees it as an opportunity to revolt. Seeing as Albion has advanced large cities have sprouted up all over Albion and Albion has expanded creating more room for these new cities. This new hero gathers up a massive force of bitter soldiers and other "manufactured" heroes and takes over a few cities and uses them to start a sort of Civil War type situation where this hero declares himself king of the new nation and declares war on Albion. The game then, has much room for decisions and even room for a second player to actually matter. (I have two brothers and it's a pain in the side to try and play this game and beat it when nobody in their right mind wants to be the second player.) In Fable 3 Co-op was one of the most frustrating things I ever sat through. Being the second player was pretty much just watching the other player run around, get married, buy houses, and at times fight with them. It's like you didn't even exist. Now, there are a number of ways the second player can be implemented.

1. The second player could be the childhood best friend of the King/Queen hero and grows up to one of the few soldiers who are given gauntlets that remain loyal to Albion. He/She then becomes appointed general.

2. Trouble-maker that steals the gauntlets from a soldier. They find him/her and bring them to court and the ruler (player) can choose whether to lock up the trouble-maker (1p story) or let the person work for Albion (2p story)

3. A lost hero that is not manufactured but does not know they have magical powers yet and grows up to finally realize they have powers.

I do also believe that the Fable 3 game was way too easy to complete. I completed it times. Once to make evil decisions, once to make good ones. The third time I tried a play through without upgrading any weapons and only using magic when the situation called for it. I completed the game as a man, not a hero. This is also an option if there are no more heroes. A lot of you will probably be outraged without the use of magic but it would make for a much more challenging game where one can't just discharge their rifle on all the enemies with level 5 ranged and pillage them all with one shot. Besides, magic can be implemented somehow. I saw some of the Fable 2 gameplay on Youtube and I honestly loved the idea of that emotion wheel. They should bring that back. I was tired of dancing with random men to gain their support.

Drew1630

Reaction score
Also I think I should include in here that we all know it's obvious the darkness isn't going to stay holed up forever, it's probably going to return in said Fable 4. It would make it more interesting to be fighting the rebellion and the darkness (when it comes back later in the game) at the same time.

Drew1630

Reaction score
Sorry, keep forgetting to include things but NPC's in Fable 3 are pretty much all hideous and they all look alike. Add some diversity and beauty to the NPC's so you have a reason to marry ONE and have your spouse not look like 400 other NPC's in the game. Plus aside from the stupid relationship quests it was way too easy to get someone to marry you and it was just no fun. Another thing they need for this game is armor that affects some sort of stat pertaining to your character and possibly even a statistics system for the character that has to do with EXP.
Ex. Heavy armor adds a given amount of stat points to defense while regular citizen clothing adds a given amount to speech or something like that. Nice, expensive clothing adds to attractiveness or charisma while factory clothing adds to smithing. I know it seems like a rip off from Skyrim but I love the idea and I really think they should add it. Weapons were very limited in Fable 3 also. I'd rather have a huge diversity of weapons to choose from than the weapons evolving.

That's pretty much all I can think of for now. Thanks for reading my input and if you have any criticism or things to add on that you might like feel free. I'd love to hear it because I am really excited for the new Fable 4 rumored to be out in 2013 regardless of what all the over-critical fans say about the series.

This is my Albion

Reaction score
If you greatly enjoyed fable 3 it may be worth playing its predecessors. Even if they seem.slightly outdated now it gives you a better grasp on the story rather than reading about it but that's entirely up to you.

I like hearing everyone's story concept for fable 4 and they're usually well thought out. The trouble is with fables story plot declining in quality for each game, not a lot of people are getting their hopes up just so they can continue to follow the franchise. Fable: the journey is being ignored and there's a good reason for it (in my opinion :p)

The gauntlets were a strange concept because as a hero, you shouldn't really need it especially since your mum/dad (also the hero in fable 2) didn't use them for will powers. In the most recent novel, i heard that the hero from the third game is taught to use magic without the gauntlets (but im not entirely sure.) Im guessing the gauntlets are just an aid to help your hero in the use of will but not necessarily give you will powers.

You're right about the npcs but it's a bit difficult to individually design each npc :/ but it wasn't a big deal for when i played because id either stay unmarried or forget entirely about the spouse.

I think that's pretty much of my two cents....

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
I haven't been in on the Fable series and didn't even really know what they were about until I started playing Fable 3. I was instantly hooked. I know a lot of you don't really like the game but I guess I find joy in the simple things in life. I do have a few questions though. What is up with the gauntlets? Do they, themselves, give the hero magic? Or does it only enhance it or something? If they give the hero powers than is it possible that they find away to manufacture these gauntlets for the greatest soldiers since Albion is advancing? I read a little bit about the first Fable and I would love the idea of there being more heroes to team up with or compete with. The problem with that is I also love the sort of Industrial period that they have going on with Fable 3. So here's my proposition. The game starts with the son/daughter of the Fable 3 hero (Childhood play included, I heard about that from the first one and I would love that too, plus customizable character) Who eventually grows up to take over the throne. The new hero takes over as a young monarch and (If this idea of manufacturing gauntlets for the best of soldiers works out) One new "manufactured" hero sees it as an opportunity to revolt. Seeing as Albion has advanced large cities have sprouted up all over Albion and Albion has expanded creating more room for these new cities. This new hero gathers up a massive force of bitter soldiers and other "manufactured" heroes and takes over a few cities and uses them to start a sort of Civil War type situation where this hero declares himself king of the new nation and declares war on Albion. The game then, has much room for decisions and even room for a second player to actually matter. (I have two brothers and it's a pain in the side to try and play this game and beat it when nobody in their right mind wants to be the second player.) In Fable 3 Co-op was one of the most frustrating things I ever sat through. Being the second player was pretty much just watching the other player run around, get married, buy houses, and at times fight with them. It's like you didn't even exist. Now, there are a number of ways the second player can be implemented.

1. The second player could be the childhood best friend of the King/Queen hero and grows up to one of the few soldiers who are given gauntlets that remain loyal to Albion. He/She then becomes appointed general.

2. Trouble-maker that steals the gauntlets from a soldier. They find him/her and bring them to court and the ruler (player) can choose whether to lock up the trouble-maker (1p story) or let the person work for Albion (2p story)

3. A lost hero that is not manufactured but does not know they have magical powers yet and grows up to finally realize they have powers.

I do also believe that the Fable 3 game was way too easy to complete. I completed it times. Once to make evil decisions, once to make good ones. The third time I tried a play through without upgrading any weapons and only using magic when the situation called for it. I completed the game as a man, not a hero. This is also an option if there are no more heroes. A lot of you will probably be outraged without the use of magic but it would make for a much more challenging game where one can't just discharge their rifle on all the enemies with level 5 ranged and pillage them all with one shot. Besides, magic can be implemented somehow. I saw some of the Fable 2 gameplay on Youtube and I honestly loved the idea of that emotion wheel. They should bring that back. I was tired of dancing with random men to gain their support.

You really should give Fable Lost Chapters a try.. Fans consider it the best and it certainly it by a long shot. Most fans dislike Fable 3, suggesting that a sequal similar in ideas would be damaging for the franchise.

Theresa states (when the Hero Of Brightwall is given their fire gauntlet) that although the hero has power inside him, he/she lacks ghe ability to use it. To me, this suggests that the bloodline is getting weaker after generations without archon blood. The bloodline is being diluted. The gauntlet must have been a gift from Garth at some time to help the hero's use their will power.

Drew1630

Reaction score
Actually I have recently decided to try and pick up the first fable because of the good things I've heard about it. I'm still going to give a
Fable 4 a chance because it is rumored that it's going to be made. But until then I will be playing Fable and fable tlc. Thanks for the advice guys.

Ss x Britain

Reaction score
Actually I have recently decided to try and pick up the first fable because of the good things I've heard about it. I'm still going to give a
Fable 4 a chance because it is rumored that it's going to be made. But until then I will be playing Fable and fable tlc. Thanks for the advice guys.
don't bother buying the two seperately.. Buy the special additin fableo (tlc) off amazon.. It's only cheap and you can use the same character through the playthrough.. My favourite game (along with digimon 2003). I lost my TLC an my Fable 1 :(

Daniel Ray

The Wizard From The East
Reaction score
But yeah, they said that they already planned to do F4 and F5, but we will see what happens to F5 after the reviews of F4 come out. They could go as planned, but if F4 is a total flop, I could totally see them scrapping F5 for something more... profitable. We'll see.

That is the plan that they've put out, yeah. However, seeing how badly The Journey is being received, they might just scrap Fable IV as well. (Honestly, knowing Lionhead, they're gonna go ahead with IV anyway, but a sane company would have scraped the franchise by now.).

Drew1630

Reaction score
I totally agree with ActionBatch if Fable 4 doesnt improve any or even gets worse... I'm not too sure I'm gonna be looking forward to another Fable, the fifth one probably wouldn't even see the light of day if they dont deliver big time with the fourth